Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2016-2017 Indiana Pacers season (and the rest of the NBA)

12 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

It looked ugly early, I had some running around to do and didn't even catch the 2nd Half. I am shocked to see that we won because it looked over at Halftime.

Our defense in the second half was greatly improved. 

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I wish Paul George would play like that every night on Defense mainly - he can shut anyone down when he wants too. Having said that he probably paces himself since his injury to be healthy for the Playoffs. Paul was unreal tonight!

I think.he plays so smoothly that it often appears he isn't going 100%

That's just the way he plays....always has

1 minute ago, oldunclemark said:

I think.he plays so smoothly that it often appears he isn't going 100%

That's just the way he plays....always has

He was awesome tonight. I still wish Bird make a trade to get him more help. Not sure what it could it be but man I would trade 2 or 3 players for Cousins as long as Miles Turner or Jeff Teague isn't a part of that deal. If we had a big 3 of PG, Turner, and Cousins + Teague that would really be dangerous.

Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

He was awesome tonight. I still wish Bird make a trade to get him more help. Not sure what it could it be but man I would trade 2 or 3 players for Cousins as long as Miles Turner or Jeff Teague isn't a part of that deal. If we had a big 3 of PG, Turner, and Cousins + Teague that would really be dangerous.

Without Teague or Myles there is nothing the Kings would want. I don't think we could do anything to get us past the Cavs so a trade would only hurt us right now.

3 hours ago, 21isSuperman said:

Oh, fair enough.  I hear the Pacers played some smothering defense though

Yeah PG made it tough and when Harden drove Myles Turner was there. But there was at least 5 shots that Harden typically makes that he didn't. Couple wide open threes.

5 hours ago, RockThatBlue said:

When PG is putting in full effort, hes one of the most unstoppable players in the league.

Most definitely. I had him as my MVP this year. Maybe partly because I'm a big pacers fan, but I thought Thad and Teague would take attention off of PG and he would average 26+ a game. He is getting his groove back! Gonna be an exciting 2nd half to the season! 

2 minutes ago, BullsColtsFan1 said:

I am really not sure what to make of LeBron. His Owner is 34,000,000 over the Salary Cap and had done everything to give him help. He even got Kyle Korver for a bag of chips. They have Irving, Love, Thompson, Korver, and JR Smith - that is an All-Star team. My hats off to LeBron for never getting in trouble with the law, should we give people a cookie for doing that LOL. Hell, that should be a given for most athletes that are worth 100,000,000 million dollars.

21 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I am really not sure what to make of LeBron. His Owner is 34,000,000 over the Salary Cap and had done everything to give him help. He even got Kyle Korver for a bag of chips. They have Irving, Love, Thompson, Korver, and JR Smith - that is an All-Star team. My hats off to LeBron for never getting in trouble with the law, should we give people a cookie for doing that LOL. Hell, that should be a given for most athletes that are worth 100,000,000 million dollars.

I totally agree and off the court I hear he's great.  He's all about helping children, donating money etc.  The owner has his hands tied though and the sad thing is, LeBron pretty much hand picked his team lol.  I think deep down he knows Golden State and San Antonio are built much better.  The way they are playing, the Celtics and Wizards might be able to give them a run for their money or any team that gets hot in the east for that matter.  They are very vulnerable right now.  I am not really sure what else he could possibly want without giving up a key piece(Thompson, Smith, Love, Frye etc).  I don't think the Cavs can make it work but I wouldn't be the least bit surprised in the Bulls traded Wade to the Cavs for practically no one.  I am still waiting to see what kind of dumb move their front office makes.  Gar Foreman is worse than Ryan Grigson imo.  I am sure the Cavs will pick up someone but I am not sure who or if it'll be the play maker GM LeBron approves of.

On 1/29/2017 at 8:35 PM, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Okeafor is just sitting in Philly....even with Emblid out for a few games.

1 hour ago, BullsColtsFan1 said:

I totally agree and off the court I hear he's great.  He's all about helping children, donating money etc.  The owner has his hands tied though and the sad thing is, LeBron pretty much hand picked his team lol.  I think deep down he knows Golden State and San Antonio are built much better.  The way they are playing, the Celtics and Wizards might be able to give them a run for their money or any team that gets hot in the east for that matter.  They are very vulnerable right now.  I am not really sure what else he could possibly want without giving up a key piece(Thompson, Smith, Love, Frye etc).  I don't think the Cavs can make it work but I wouldn't be the least bit surprised in the Bulls traded Wade to the Cavs for practically no one.  I am still waiting to see what kind of dumb move their front office makes.  Gar Foreman is worse than Ryan Grigson imo.  I am sure the Cavs will pick up someone but I am not sure who or if it'll be the play maker GM LeBron approves of.

LeBron seems like a great guy off the court but he has been given everything he has ever wanted on the court. He joined Wade, Bosh, and Riley. Then he practically runs the Cavs organization and these are the guys who he wanted that are playing with him now. What does he want all of the best players in the league? Dan Gilbert is paying a huge Luxury Tax to build the Cavs. They have the highest payroll in the league. The Warriors for example are at 101,000,000, Cavs are at 128,000,000. He should just be thankful he won last season which was a miracle beating the Warriors in Game 7 at Golden St.