Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2016-2017 Indiana Pacers season (and the rest of the NBA)

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great win tonight and great stretch we have been on. Lavoy Allen really showed up tonight without Thad. He has really worked on that mid range shot.

I'm happy for the team but this is what we should do. Now the real test starts. Thunder, Cavs, Wizards, Bucks, Spurs are the next five opponents.

34 minutes ago, Bluefire4 said:

Great win tonight and great stretch we have been on. Lavoy Allen really showed up tonight without Thad. He has really worked on that mid range shot.

I'm happy for the team but this is what we should do. Now the real test starts. Thunder, Cavs, Wizards, Bucks, Spurs are the next five opponents.

the more I watch the NBA, the more I realize that you get a top seed by beating the team you should beat.

The marquee games that we all look for ward to?   You usually split those.

We beat 6 teams we should have beaten..you're 100% right..

But that was a 'real test' too and we passed.

By the way, OKC is another team we should beat..and the Bucks are living on the poor side of town, too

3 hours ago, oldunclemark said:

the more I watch the NBA, the more I realize that you get a top seed by beating the team you should beat.

The marquee games that we all look for ward to?   You usually split those.

We beat 6 teams we should have beaten..you're 100% right..

But that was a 'real test' too and we passed.

By the way, OKC is another team we should beat..and the Bucks are living on the poor side of town, too

Pacers did beat OKC, Gavin would be really happy with the way the Pacers have been playing of late!

They need to work their way up to 4th if possible, well see how they do going forward.  6 game winning streak.

I'm not worried by opponents , what worries me is if the real Pacers will show up night in night out. When this team plays team D and buys into it they are very good , however when the don't they are average. Stuckey adds a lot to the second unit . Really nice to see big Al doing what hes doing . Allen has talent when he works , if when Young gets back if he will play with the intensity he did against the Pistons we could have a very special second unit. Bottom line consistent effort night in night out will make this a very good team.

I think we get effort every night...it just looks like it when we're winning. Its more complicated

I Like CJ Miles in the starting lineup..because he can get us off to a good star with 2 or 3 shots..

but we are the top foul shooting team in the NBA....so I'd like us to attack the basket early to start drawing fouls.

That's not Miles....

I think Ive noticed in the last couple of games that Miles starts and goes to the bench after 4 or 5 minutes..so he can come back with the 2nd until as well.....because his shooting opens the lane for Al Jefferson...

Seems to me.,.we need another distance shooter  to play with that second team.

Your thoughts?

2 hours ago, oldunclemark said:

I think we get effort every night...it just looks like it when we're winning. Its more complicated

I Like CJ Miles in the starting lineup..because he can get us off to a good star with 2 or 3 shots..

but we are the top foul shooting team in the NBA....so I'd like us to attack the basket early to start drawing fouls.

That's not Miles....

I think Ive noticed in the last couple of games that Miles starts and goes to the bench after 4 or 5 minutes..so he can come back with the 2nd until as well.....because his shooting opens the lane for Al Jefferson...

Your thoughts?

I agree we need another shooter and preferably a forward but I don't think anyone wants Ellis and he may be our biggest trade bait.

What I expected tonight. Some people thought this was going to be easy for some reason. Westbrook is a MVP candidate for a reason. We need to slow it down and take better percentage shots in the second half. We also need to play better help defense. Can't leave 3 point shooters open when coming to help on Westbrook.

On ‎2‎/‎5‎/‎2017 at 3:16 PM, oldunclemark said:

That's not Miles....

Your thoughts?

It definitely wouldn't hurt . However Buckner was referring to him being gassed at times Miles that is. Is he out of shape for some reason ? I'm like you I like him in the Starting lineup as well.

7 minutes ago, Bluefire4 said:

What I expected tonight. Some people thought this was going to be easy for some reason. Westbrook is a MVP candidate for a reason. We need to slow it down and take better percentage shots in the second half. We also need to play better help defense. Can't leave 3 point shooters open when coming to help on Westbrook.

Wed don't need to slow anything down....2nd game for them in 2 nights

... were just down 6...and shooting 20 of 60

1 minute ago, Jay Kirk said:

It definitely wouldn't hurt . However Buckner was referring to him being gassed at times Miles that is. Is he out of shape for some reason ? I'm like you I like him in the Starting lineup as well.

That's interesting because I dodnt know why he isn't more of a factor...

....his shooting is so key and some night hes just got nothing

out of shape.....I cant tell

Have no idea how we pulled off that 3rd quarter. I guess they were wore down. There is no way we should be winning the game after losing the rebound battle 61-37. That is ridiculous.

As much hate as some fans have given McMillan you have to credit how he has this team prepared in the second half of games.

55 minutes ago, Bluefire4 said:

LeBron just hit a three to take the Cavs-Wiz game to OT. We need some losses from the Raptors, Hawks, and Wizards to move up the rankings.

We're just two games back of the Raptors for 3rd in the East.  They've also gone 4-6 in their last 10, but their upcoming schedule is pretty weak.  Hawks and Wizards both lost tonight too.  Playing the Wizards on the 10th and 16th is huge.  If Larry Bird can somehow swing a trade for John Wall and keep George and Turner, I think we'd be a top 3 team in the East with a very realistic shot at the Finals

12 minutes ago, 21isSuperman said:

We're just two games back of the Raptors for 3rd in the East.  They've also gone 4-6 in their last 10, but their upcoming schedule is pretty weak.  Hawks and Wizards both lost tonight too.  Playing the Wizards on the 10th and 16th is huge.  If Larry Bird can somehow swing a trade for John Wall and keep George and Turner, I think we'd be a top 3 team in the East with a very realistic shot at the Finals

Why in the WORLD would the Wizards give up John Wall for ANYONE. He's been playing like a top 5 player over the last couple of weeks.

We need to stop with the trade talk. Nothing is going to happen this season to carry us over the Cavs. We have nothing to trade. The only thing we can hope for is finding a gem with whatever draft pick we get imo.

I don't think anyone expects to do anything that'll make us better than Cleveland. That doesn't mean we couldn't possibly add a piece to be even better than what we are though.

That said, if we keep playing this well then it won't really matter if anything happens or not. This team is still missing a few pieces though. We badly need a SG and another big.