Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2016-2017 Indiana Pacers season (and the rest of the NBA)

1 hour ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

LeBron seems like a great guy off the court but he has been given everything he has ever wanted on the court. He joined Wade, Bosh, and Riley. Then he practically runs the Cavs organization and these are the guys who he wanted that are playing with him now. What does he want all of the best players in the league? Dan Gilbert is paying a huge Luxury Tax to build the Cavs. They have the highest payroll in the league. The Warriors for example are at 101,000,000, Cavs are at 128,000,000. He should just be thankful he won last season which was a miracle beating the Warriors in Game 7 at Golden St.

I couldn't agree more and the whole world knows, GS wins that series in 5 if Green doesn't get suspended.  When's the trade deadline?  Like middle of February?  I think this year's trade deadline will be decent and not boring like other years. 

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

LeBron seems like a great guy off the court but he has been given everything he has ever wanted on the court. He joined Wade, Bosh, and Riley. Then he practically runs the Cavs organization and these are the guys who he wanted that are playing with him now. What does he want all of the best players in the league? Dan Gilbert is paying a huge Luxury Tax to build the Cavs. They have the highest payroll in the league. The Warriors for example are at 101,000,000, Cavs are at 128,000,000. He should just be thankful he won last season which was a miracle beating the Warriors in Game 7 at Golden St.

I just read via espn that the Cavs are working out three free agents today, Mario Chalmers, Lance Stephenson and Kirk Hinrich.  There are 3 cheap play makers for LeBron to chose from.  Idk why but it would make me laugh if Chalmers or Stephenson got singed.  Lance with the whole blowing in LeBron's ear deal and Chamlers with all the drama after LeBron left Miami. 

5 hours ago, BullsColtsFan1 said:

I just read via espn that the Cavs are working out three free agents today, Mario Chalmers, Lance Stephenson and Kirk Hinrich.  There are 3 cheap play makers for LeBron to chose from.  Idk why but it would make me laugh if Chalmers or Stephenson got singed.  Lance with the whole blowing in LeBron's ear deal and Chamlers with all the drama after LeBron left Miami. 

I would love to see Lance and LeBron on the same team haha

Thoughts on this three team trade between the Pacers, Kings, and Magic:

Indiana gets: DeMarcus Cousins + Elfrid Payton

Sacramento gets: Bismack Biyombo + Monta Ellis + Indiana's 2018 first round pick + Indiana's 2018 second round pick (conditional)

Orlando gets: Rodney Stuckey + Garrett Temple + Ben McLemore

Why Indiana would do it:

Indiana is right on the edge of good and bad.  Their inconsistent play is their downfall.  The biggest thing that stands out about the Pacers, in my opinion, is their rebounding, where they're in the bottom five in the league for rebounds per game.  DeMarcus Cousins is obviously unhappy in Sacramento because they're a horribly managed team that is wasting his career.  This trade gives Indy a premier player next to Turner and George and brings in a guard who can pass the ball in Payton.

Why Sacramento would do it:

You need to get rid of Boogie and build around your other players.  Biyombo is young at just 24 years old, giving you a piece to build around.  You also get Ellis, who can be a leader for your young team and give you a scoring boost.  You get Biyombo's rebounding and blocking and Ellis' scoring and leadership to lessen the blow of losing a great talent in Cousins (who you deserve to lose, at this point).  You also get a first round pick to keep your roster young and keep talent coming in.

Why Orlando would do it:

Orlando's offense is among the worst in the league (hello, Frank Vogel).  You're already looking to trade Biyombo, so you get rid of him and add some scoring in Stuckey.  Not only can Stuckey give you some scoring, but he also has familiarity with Vogel.  In addition, you get Garrett Temple, who can do just a little bit of everything.  Then you get McLemore.  While McLemore has been a dud in Sacramento, a change of scenery could be exactly what he needs.  It was just a couple of years ago where he averaged 12 points a 3 rebounds a game.  Plus, he's cheap, at $4 mil.

I appreciate the effort here...Supe.....obviously...the Pacers would jump up and down and say 'howdy' over this deal.You detail why...

Sacramento does well here ....getting big Bis....Monta gets to play full time ..and they get picks, although not high ones if Cousins has anything to say about (it and he will)..

I think Orlando is left high and dry here. Stuckey's a good man, when healthy..

McLemore should be better than he is..as you say..maybe a change will serve him.

the trigger here is convincing Sacramento that they are 'horribly managed' and are 'wasting Cousins career' and that they would benefit long term by trading Cousins..which they are reluctant to do.

Obviously, this trade makes us a conference championship contender....if not this year (we are still having trouble blending the newer players we have now) then next.

But Cousins, Turner and Paul George is arguably the best front line in the NBA

27 minutes ago, 21isSuperman said:

Sacramento gets: Bismack Biyombo + Monta Ellis + Indiana's 2018 first round pick + Indiana's 2018 second round pick (conditional)

Why Indiana would do it:

Indiana is right on the edge of good and bad.  Their inconsistent play is their downfall.  The biggest thing that stands out about the Pacers, in my opinion, is their rebounding, where they're in the bottom five in the league for rebounds per game.  DeMarcus Cousins is obviously unhappy in Sacramento because they're a horribly managed team that is wasting his career.  This trade gives Indy a premier player next to Turner and George and brings in a guard who can pass the ball in Payton.

You need to get rid of Boogie and build around your other players.  Biyombo is young at just 24 years old, giving you a piece to build around.  You also get Ellis, who can be a leader for your young team and give you a scoring boost.  You get Biyombo's rebounding and blocking and Ellis' scoring and leadership to lessen the blow of losing a great talent in Cousins (who you deserve to lose, at this point).  You also get a first round pick to keep your roster young and keep talent coming in.

Why Orlando would do it:

Orlando's offense is among the worst in the league (hello, Frank Vogel).  You're already looking to trade Biyombo, so you get rid of him and add some scoring in Stuckey.  Not only can Stuckey give you some scoring, but he also has familiarity with Vogel.  In addition, you get Garrett Temple, who can do just a little bit of everything.  Then you get McLemore.  While McLemore has been a dud in Sacramento, a change of scenery could be exactly what he needs.  It was just a couple of years ago where he averaged 12 points a 3 rebounds a game.  Plus, he's cheap, at $4 mil.

If the Pacers could get Cousins without losing Turner or Teague that would be a great deal for us. Imagine PG, Cousins, + Turner and Teague. Big Al is a Good Bog as well.

14 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

If the Pacers could get Cousins without losing Turner or Teague that would be a great deal for us. Imagine PG, Cousins, + Turner and Teague. Big Al is a Good Bog as well.

I agree.  It might make us a bit top heavy getting rid of Ellis, Stuckey, and a first round pick.  But I think we're in win-now mode, so it makes sense to me to make that sacrifice.  The Pacers are one of the top teams in terms of FG% and 3PT%, so they can put the ball in the basket.  It's the rebounding that's killing them.  I don't see Orlando doing that deal (might need to give them another asset, maybe Joe Young or Seraphin?), but I think Sacramento is getting a decent return.

19 minutes ago, 21isSuperman said:

I agree.  It might make us a bit top heavy getting rid of Ellis, Stuckey, and a first round pick.  But I think we're in win-now mode, so it makes sense to me to make that sacrifice.  The Pacers are one of the top teams in terms of FG% and 3PT%, so they can put the ball in the basket.  It's the rebounding that's killing them.  I don't see Orlando doing that deal (might need to give them another asset, maybe Joe Young or Seraphin?), but I think Sacramento is getting a decent return.

I agree about us being 'win now' and the other two teams here are not.....

Frank Vogel knows our roster and Joe Young might appeal to him.

The holdback is that our draft choices aren't going to be high..and if we somehow get Cousins they'll be even lower.

I'd consider Joe Young and Serafin for Biyombo..who would allow Myles to play forward and create a defensive gauntlet for anybody to take on

I honestly don't think it matters what any team does this season because I see no way the Warriors lose if they stay healthy. When they got Durant it was a done deal IMO. Had the Warriors won last season, I doubt the Warriors would've even pursued Durant. The Warriors losing last season was probably the best thing that could happen to them because now they have a stacked team that will cruise to the Championship. They will get HCA again as well.

5 hours ago, 21isSuperman said:

Why Indiana would do it:

Why Orlando would do it:

I would love to see Cousins in a Pacers uniform.

10 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I honestly don't think it matters what any team does this season because I see no way the Warriors lose if they stay healthy. 

Cant really argue that point but didnt we all say that last year, too???

We were so sure Golden State could not possibly lose four games in 2 weeks, remember?

3 hours ago, oldunclemark said:

Cant really argue that point but didnt we all say that last year, too???

We were so sure Golden State could not possibly lose four games in 2 weeks, remember?

True but they didn't have Durant last season either. I don't think this team will win 73 games but they are better IMO. They will still win around 70 and probably wont even get taken 6 games in any series. I think they now have the revenge factor toward the Cavs as well. Cavs don't look the same this season as of now, that could change but I think they looked better last season. Spurs aren't athletic enough to beat them and the Clippers will be lucky to make it out of Round 1.

6 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

True but they didn't have Durant last season either. I don't think this team will win 73 games but they are better IMO. They will still win around 70 and probably wont even get taken 6 games in any series. I think they now have the revenge factor toward the Cavs as well. Cavs don't look the same this season as of now, that could change but I think they looked better last season. Spurs aren't athletic enough to beat them and the Clippers will be lucky to make it out of Round 1.

The Cavs have a mid-season crisis nearly every year since 2014.  They'll be fine.  In my opinion, chemistry isn't their biggest concern.  Their biggest concern should be that LeBron is leading the league in minutes at age 32.  He already has tons of wear and tear on his body, so having him lead the league in minutes isn't going to keep him fresh for the playoffs.

On January 31, 2017 at 7:29 PM, 21isSuperman said:

Why Indiana would do it:

Why Orlando would do it:

The Kings would be crazy to get rid of Cousins for Biyombo, Ellis, and a late draft pick. That would never happen. Plus I still don't think Cousins fits this team.

1 minute ago, Bluefire4 said:

The Kings would be crazy to get rid of Cousins for Biyombo, Ellis, and a late draft pick. That would never happen. Plus I still don't think Cousins fits this team.

Yeah, the only way Cousins comes to Indy is if we give up George or Turner, which I don't want to do.

1 hour ago, Bluefire4 said:

He doesnt fit their team either........but they do want to keep him....

We are closer in the east than we think.

We don't need next year's No,1 pick....we don't have room on the roster..for a pick that will eventually be around 20..

....I'd see what the Bulls want to Taj Gibson

33 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

We don't need next year's No,1 pick....we don't have room on the roster..for a pick that will eventually be around 20..

I never said I minded giving up next year's first. If the trade is good I'm all for it. 

12 hours ago, oldunclemark said:

The Bulls front office is ridiculously dumb.  Pacers could probably get Taj for a little bit of nothing.  I'd be ok with a Monta Taj swap, especially if Monta isn't getting the minutes anymore.  

8 minutes ago, BullsColtsFan1 said:

The Bulls front office is ridiculously dumb.  Pacers could probably get Taj for a little bit of nothing.  I'd be ok with a Monta Taj swap, especially if Monta isn't getting the minutes anymore.  

I would love to have Taj. Love his hustle and toughness on the inside. Glad to see the Pacers won again last night as well. I see the Bulls smoked the Thunder as well. Butler was killing it last night. Did you see Curry last night = 11-15 from 3. In the Pregame his dad (Dell Curry) nailed a 3 from halfcourt while wearing a suit haha 

22 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I would love to have Taj. Love his hustle and toughness on the inside. Glad to see the Pacers won again last night as well. I see the Bulls smoked the Thunder as well. Butler was killing it last night. Did you see Curry last night = 11-15 from 3. In the Pregame his dad (Dell Curry) nailed a 3 from halfcourt while wearing a suit haha 

Yea I was hoping the Pacers would finally drop one haha.  They'll be able to gain more ground on my Bulls if they can win 3 or 4 out of their next 5.  Bulls play at Houston, at Sacramento then at Golden State, all three are potential loses.  Butler played awesome last night, I don't understand why the Bulls dumb front office wants to trade him.  I did see Curry light up the Hornets(I am also rooting for them to continue to lose so the Bulls can keep their spot lol).  I did see the clip of Steph throwing to Dell and Dell draining it!  All three including Seth can shoot the heck out of it! Seth's been playing well for the Mavs lately.  Golden State looks unstoppable right now!  I still say the Cavs are favorites in the East but there vulnerable, the right team could upset them. 

5 minutes ago, BullsColtsFan1 said:

Yea I was hoping the Pacers would finally drop one haha.  They'll be able to gain more ground on my Bulls if they can win 3 or 4 out of their next 5.  Bulls play at Houston, at Sacramento then at Golden State, all three are potential loses.  Butler played awesome last night, I don't understand why the Bulls dumb front office wants to trade him.  I did see Curry light up the Hornets(I am also rooting for them to continue to lose so the Bulls can keep their spot lol).  I did see the clip of Steph throwing to Dell and Dell draining it!  All three including Seth can shoot the heck out of it! Seth's been playing well for the Mavs lately.  Golden State looks unstoppable right now!  I still say the Cavs are favorites in the East but there vulnerable, the right team could upset them. 

Pacers have a pretty favorable schedule right now, I am hoping they can roll up some wins. Warriors are going to win it all IMO, I have no doubt about that. Only way they lose is if one of Curry, Thompson, Durant, or Green get injured. If those 4 stay healthy it's over.

8 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Pacers have a pretty favorable schedule right now, I am hoping they can roll up some wins. Warriors are going to win it all IMO, I have no doubt about that. Only way they lose is if one of Curry, Thompson, Durant, or Green get injured. If those 4 stay healthy it's over.

I totally agree.  If you look at the playoffs in the East 3-8 is wide open, all within a few games.  If a team loses a few they could drop quite a ways, if they win a few, they could move up quite a ways.  Detroit might be able to sneak in if Chicago or Charlotte chokes the rest of the season but I think the 8 eastern conference teams will be Cle, Tor, Bos, Atl, Ind, Chi, Char and Was not in that order. 

3 minutes ago, BullsColtsFan1 said:

I totally agree.  If you look at the playoffs in the East 3-8 is wide open, all within a few games.  If a team loses a few they could drop quite a ways, if they win a few, they could move up quite a ways.  Detroit might be able to sneak in if Chicago or Charlotte chokes the rest of the season but I think the 8 eastern conference teams will be Cle, Tor, Bos, Atl, Ind, Chi, Char and Was not in that order. 

I think Chicago will make it. What makes Chicago dangerous is Wade in a Playoff series. That is where he will go all out and give 100% much like PG did last season vs Toronto and the Pacers could've easily won that. Just stay out of the 8th Seed.

15 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I think Chicago will make it. What makes Chicago dangerous is Wade in a Playoff series. That is where he will go all out and give 100% much like PG did last season vs Toronto and the Pacers could've easily won that. Just stay out of the 8th Seed.

I am 50/50 on Chicago making it.  If they make a reasonable trade before the deadline they could be a lock, if they give you a few players away and/or trade Jimmy, they could tank the rest of the season.  I guess we'll see. 

3 minutes ago, BullsColtsFan1 said:

I am 50/50 on Chicago making it.  If they make a reasonable trade before the deadline they could be a lock, if they give you a few players away and/or trade Jimmy, they could tank the rest of the season.  I guess we'll see. 

If they trade Butler that would be crazy, if they do then yeah I agree they wont make it. I would keep it intact and roll with it. Wade is excellent come Playoff time too.

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

If they trade Butler that would be crazy, if they do then yeah I agree they wont make it. I would keep it intact and roll with it. Wade is excellent come Playoff time too.

I agree.  Wade's already hinted that he won't return next year if Butler gets dealt.  I guess we'll see.  I just want them to get in the 4-7 spot and make some noise, maybe win an opening round series.  I am not expecting much but a little noise would be nice.

5 minutes ago, BullsColtsFan1 said:

I agree.  Wade's already hinted that he won't return next year if Butler gets dealt.  I guess we'll see.  I just want them to get in the 4-7 spot and make some noise, maybe win an opening round series.  I am not expecting much but a little noise would be nice.

Yeah just avoid #8 because everyone else is beatable 2-8 is how I am looking at it. Then as the Playoffs prolong maybe the Cavs get complacent. I am the same way with the Pacers, I hope they win at least 1 series and then I will take it from there.

18 hours ago, Bluefire4 said:

I never said I minded giving up next year's first. If the trade is good I'm all for it. 

That comment wasn't about you......I'm just saying that the better the trade we make,,,the less our #1 is worth to anybody.  I'm saying that our No,.1 pick isn't much of a chip to bargain.

WE don't have room (read: playing time) for many young players anyway... .

5 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

There is no way the present Bulls management trades Jimmy Butler..not even for 2 No.1 picks.

They have no interest in rebuilding...

They want to make the playoffs every year

7 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I know what Steph has done..

..but Dell Curry was a great, great shooter.

I am still not sure Steph is a better shooter than his dad was