Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

PFF Grades - Luck best QB on day, OL play strong, front 7 disappoints

jradMT

Reitz, D Jackson, and Mathis have all maxed their potential.  Might as well give Haeg, Morrison, and Maggitt (sp?) a shot and see how PFF grades them out.  Dline is just going to suck until Anderson and Jones get back.  Really impressed with Melvin.  We now have a legitimate group of cb's when healthy. (Davis, Cromartie, Robinson, Butler, Melvin).  We just have to face the fact that the offense needs to stay healthy and come away with points on virtually every drive for the next 2 to 3 weeks as we start to clear out our defensive triage unit.

6 hours ago, VaAllDay757 said:

I watched the sounds of the game from mathis and he looked awful dude doesn't have it like he used to he's older let maggitt get some reps in they're high on him anyway

JJ Watt didn't look all that good in his first game back.  Sure that won't stay the same.  Give Mathis a little more time and he'll show up.

20 hours ago, Flash said:

Does Andrew Luck & The Colts = Drew Brees and the Saints?

We have a franchise QB and a terrific aerial attack, just like Drew Brees and the Saints. What the Colts are lacking, (even when all the starters return) is a solid defense, just like the Saints. The Saints finished 7-9 three out of the last 4 years, despite having one of the best QBs in the league.Their division, similar to the AFC South, is not that strong either.

My point is this: We all know that Andrew Luck is amazing. Many on this forum believe that with Luck, we should be Super Bowl contenders, or at least make it to the playoffs, nearly automatically (No different than Saints fans). However, it takes more than just a QB to win in this league. Even Aaron Rodgers and the Packers finished 8-7-1 in 2013. If the Colts defense continues to be the weak link, it might not matter how incredible Luck is.

We are a lot like the Saints actually.  Although I would say the Saints have a better run game.  

6 hours ago, Gavin said:

Mcnary-38.8

Morrison-68.4.....His 72.3 run grade bumped his overall grade up and 60.0 pass rush grade. He only had 11 snaps.

I believe Grigson and Pagano look to him to be Jacksons replacement in the next year maybe two at the most. Jacksons dead cap hit(what it would cost next year to cut him) next year is just $250,000.00 compared to $5,750,000 cap hit if he is on the roster next year

Thanks.

10 hours ago, VaAllDay757 said:

I watched the sounds of the game from mathis and he looked awful dude doesn't have it like he used to he's older let maggitt get some reps in they're high on him anyway

7 hours ago, krunk said:

hasn't played the whole preseason. Let him get back into the swing of things.

all he needs are some of those "fertility" drugs. lol! i was right on the money about his demise after he got caught. i said they should dump him and move on, and everyone here was on the other side. it sure looks like i was right.

Just now, husker61 said:

all he needs are some of those "fertility" drugs. lol! i was right on the money about his demise after he got caught. i said they should dump him and move on, and everyone here was on the other side. it sure looks like i was right.

no it doesn't look like you're right.  He ripped off 7 sacks with his workload cut in half to end 2015.  Newsflash!  There's still 15 more games left so kind of early to be throwing in the towel on the HOFER

7 minutes ago, krunk said:

no it doesn't look like you're right.  He ripped off 7 sacks with his workload cut in half to end 2015.  Newsflash!  There's still 15 more games left so kind of early to be throwing in the towel on the HOFER

we will see. you have to admit he doesnt look anywhere close to the same player before he got caught with ped's.

1 hour ago, husker61 said:

he did get his wife pregnant using those drugs .  it wouldnt make sense to let him go now, we dont have anyone to replace him

nobody off the street in September is going to replace our all time sack leader.  this looks like his last rodeo though

2 hours ago, aaron11 said:

he did get his wife pregnant using those drugs .  it wouldnt make sense to let him go now, we dont have anyone to replace him

nobody off the street in September is going to replace our all time sack leader.  this looks like his last rodeo though

like i said when he got caught, he has had kids before this so its obvious he doesnt have a fertility issue and at 32 it doesnt change that much. it was just a nonsense excuse, he should have just admitted it and moved on. 

he hasnt played like that in 3 years, so you are replacing a very average player. i would have replaced him a couple years ago.