Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

New Hc To Be Named Tomorrow?

icf

If I have to predict the next head coach, it will be one of these:

Jerry Gray

Mike Zimmer

Chuck Pagano

Notice they are all defensive coordinators. We need to improve our defense if we want Manning/Luck to win a superbowl.

Out of those 3 I would only want Zimmer as the HC. I really think going with a guy like Chudzinski would be better since we will most likely be starting Luck from day 1 and need a guy that is great at developing and getting the best out of their QBs. We could then hire a good DC to take care of the defense.

Out of those 3 I would only want Zimmer as the HC. I really think going with a guy like Chudzinski would be better since we will most likely be starting Luck from day 1 and need a guy that is great at developing and getting the best out of their QBs. We could then hire a good DC to take care of the defense.

Colts never interviewed Chudzinksi, so I really doubt we hire him as head coach.

Jerry Gray

Mike Zimmer

Chuck Pagano

Notice they are all defensive coordinators. We need to improve our defense if we want Manning/Luck to win a superbowl.

Polian's biggest failure as a GM and a big reason he was finally fired.

Irsay had a tweet earlier this morning regarding a contest to guess the new HC.

The winner gets two tix to the SB -- nice prize....and entries have to be in by midnight tonight.

Does this mean the new coach will be announced tomorrow??

yipppe.. SB tix if WE pick the coach...... yayyyy

this is totally embarassing.... We are back to being ..... '

yipppe.. SB tix if WE pick the coach...... yayyyy

this is totally embarassing.... We are back to being ..... '

Man your right I can't think of anything more embarassing than an owner on Twitter i mean it's not like we have a team in the league whose starting QB has been accused of rapping two women, another team who gave a tone of money to a man who went to jail for running a dog fighting ring, or a team who had to cut one of their WR's this year for running a drug ring...

Honestly, it's twitter it's really not that bad and it's not embarassing. Just about everyone else in the world of sports uses twitter there is nothing wrong with an owner doing it to stay conected to the fans and frankly if it gives Jim Irsay something to do to keep his noise out of running the football side of things I am all for it. I lived threw Jim Irsay as GM once I don't want to do it again so I would much rather him spend his days quoting old song lyrics to the world and coming up with goofy give aways than him looking over Ryan Grigson shoulder offering his input on football moves.

yipppe.. SB tix if WE pick the coach...... yayyyy this is totally embarassing.... We are back to being ..... '

So an owner who is interacting with his fanbase and having a little fun and maybe giving a fan two tickets to the Super Bowl is embarassing?

Jerry Jones being completely in control and still losing over and over again is embarassing. An owner interacting with fans and using the new popular technology on the internet is far from embarassing.

I know I tweeted him in hopes to get tickets.

Jerry Gray

Mike Zimmer

Chuck Pagano

Replace Jerry Gray with Pete Carmichael, and this is the order I'd put them in:

Chuck Pagano

Mike Zimmer

Pete Carmichael

I'm okay with any of the big name retreads out there, but I'm not particularly high on any of them. I'd rather have any of these three guys at this point.

I wasn't sold on Mike Zimmer until I read what he had to say about the Dolphins poor management over the past few years. They ran from his honesty. I think that kind of bluntness would be a good thing for our franchise. It's not bravado and braggadocio like Rex Ryan. It's just "this is what I think, and this is how it is," and we haven't had that straightforwardness since Jim Mora. Not that I'm pining for the days of Jim Mora, but I do appreciate bottom-line management.

I'm drawing a blank. Who was the elite QB?

Big Ben is an elite quarterback. He plays a different style than PM or TB. He's very effective, and is a proven winner. Steelers may have gone further had he not been banged up so bad. Had they gotten past the Broncos, they stack up well against the Patriots. After that, they would have to win the third meeting with the Ravens. What's the chance the Ravens go 3-0 against the Steelers?

I'll say these are the ones Irsay should seriously be considering.

Zimmer

Pagano

Trestman

Carmichael

Personally I like Marc Trestman a lot. Granted, he's won in the CFL, its proven he can win championships. As I stated in the Trestman thread, his past achievements are very impressive.

I'll say these are the ones Irsay should seriously be considering.

Zimmer

Pagano

Trestman

Carmichael

Personally I like Marc Trestman a lot. Granted, he's won in the CFL, its proven he can win championships. As I stated in the Trestman thread, his past achievements are very impressive.

I don't know anything about Trestman, other than what I've read about him here. I don't think I've ever seen a CFL game. People dislike the idea of a college coach, which I understand, but I don't get why a CFL coach is any different. I'm sure his success speaks for itself, but what kind of talent parity is there in the CFL? In college, sometimes the talent is more important than the coaching, especially on gameday. Is that the case in the CFL? Because you don't have that luxury in the NFL. Coaching is a lot more important than it is at lower levels.

Big Ben is an elite quarterback. He plays a different style than PM or TB. He's very effective, and is a proven winner. Steelers may have gone further had he not been banged up so bad. Had they gotten past the Broncos, they stack up well against the Patriots. After that, they would have to win the third meeting with the Ravens. What's the chance the Ravens go 3-0 against the Steelers?

You seriously just put Big Ben and the word ELITE in the same sentence? LOL

You seriously just put Big Ben and the word ELITE in the same sentence? LOL

Yep, sure did. Here's some compilation of stats from Wikipedia.

Roethlisberger earned the AP NFL Offensive Rookie of the Year in 2004 and his first Pro Bowl selection in 2007. He became the youngest Super Bowl-winning quarterback in NFL history, helping lead the Steelers, in his second professional season, to a 21–10 victory over the Seattle Seahawks in Super Bowl XL at the age of 23. Roethlisberger led the Steelers to a second Super Bowl title in four seasons as they defeated the Arizona Cardinals in Super Bowl XLIII, 27–23, after completing a game-winning touchdown pass to Santonio Holmes in the final 35 seconds.

Roethlisberger has been one of the most efficient passers in NFL history. He currently ranks 10th all-time in NFL passer rating (92.9), 5th in yards per attempt (8.06), and 11th in completion percentage (63.24%) among quarterbacks with a minimum of 1,500 career attempts. He has the fourth highest career winning percentage (.710) as a starter in the regular season among quarterbacks with a minimum of 100 starts.

You serously think you can discard those acheivements? LOL.

Yep, sure did. Here's some compilation of stats from Wikipedia.

Roethlisberger earned the AP NFL Offensive Rookie of the Year in 2004 and his first Pro Bowl selection in 2007. He became the youngest Super Bowl-winning quarterback in NFL history, helping lead the Steelers, in his second professional season, to a 21–10 victory over the Seattle Seahawks in Super Bowl XL at the age of 23. Roethlisberger led the Steelers to a second Super Bowl title in four seasons as they defeated the Arizona Cardinals in Super Bowl XLIII, 27–23, after completing a game-winning touchdown pass to Santonio Holmes in the final 35 seconds.

Roethlisberger has been one of the most efficient passers in NFL history. He currently ranks 10th all-time in NFL passer rating (92.9), 5th in yards per attempt (8.06), and 11th in completion percentage (63.24%) among quarterbacks with a minimum of 1,500 career attempts. He has the fourth highest career winning percentage (.710) as a starter in the regular season among quarterbacks with a minimum of 100 starts.

You serously think you can discard those acheivements? LOL.

not taking anything away from big ben's achievements, but he does have a great defense.

not taking anything away from big ben's achievements, but he does have a great defense.

I agree, a great defense. But he's also a great player. It seems he has had his share of great drives at the end of games (SB 43 and most recently, in the loss to the Broncos).

It doesn't diminish Peyton Manning to acknowledge the skill of another QB. Some Colts fans (not just on this board) seem to feel you're disloyal if you say anything good about a rival QB. Note that two posters "LOL"d my statement about "elite". Eli Manning elite? Why? Because he is Peyton's brother? (not saying he isn't, but compare the tone of posts about Eli to posts about other QBs).

I disagree, but everyone looks at things differently.

I think he's a good QB, but far from elite.

You forgot to mention he has the worst qb rating in Super Bowl history if I'm not mistaken plus the poorest officiating we've ever witnessed won that game for them. Most of their wins are because of stellar defense and a solid running game. He's a good qb but in no way is he elite. Put Manning or Brady on that team and you've won more than 2 championships.

I agree, a great defense. But he's also a great player. It seems he has had his share of great drives at the end of games (SB 43 and most recently, in the loss to the Broncos).

It doesn't diminish Peyton Manning to acknowledge the skill of another QB. Some Colts fans (not just on this board) seem to feel you're disloyal if you say anything good about a rival QB. Note that two posters "LOL"d my statement about "elite". Eli Manning elite? Why? Because he is Peyton's brother? (not saying he isn't, but compare the tone of posts about Eli to posts about other QBs).

Disloyal? lmao... Brad, Brees, Rodgers and possibly Eli are the best in the league. Rivers was up there but he regressed tremendously this year.

Anyway, this thread was supposed to be about the new Colts coach. What do you think about Bill Cowher?

I'm not excited about the idea.

Mainly because, if the Steelers style of play represented his style of football, I'm not sure how that plays out on artificial turf.

'Six yards and a cloud of rubber stuff' doesn't sound right.

I'm not excited about the idea.

Mainly because, if the Steelers style of play represented his style of football, I'm not sure how that plays out on artificial turf.

'Six yards and a cloud of rubber stuff' doesn't sound right.

I think he appreciates offense more than just running. They've had some excellent receivers in Pittsburgh. Burres, Ward.

How many posts on this board complain about the poor defense the Colts have? Nothing wrong with a balanced team. And a good coach can improve the defense. The offense is tougher to read, because we don't know if it will be Peyton (or Peyton of old) or a rookie. For the right coach, Indy is an opportunity.

I thought I was on Steeler site posting, forget Big Ben, anything Steelers related- Who is NEW HC should be the focus, someone Irsay can control I figure; how many more nobodies will he see besides good candiates such as Zimmer, Trestman, or Pagano will do.

I thought I was on Steeler site posting, forget Big Ben, anything Steelers related- Who is NEW HC should be the focus, someone Irsay can control I figure; how many more nobodies will he see besides good candiates such as Zimmer, Trestman, or Pagano will do.

This started when I expressed my thoughts that Bill Cowher would be a good choice. I still think he would be good for Indy.

I don't know anything about Trestman, other than what I've read about him here. I don't think I've ever seen a CFL game. People dislike the idea of a college coach, which I understand, but I don't get why a CFL coach is any different. I'm sure his success speaks for itself, but what kind of talent parity is there in the CFL? In college, sometimes the talent is more important than the coaching, especially on gameday. Is that the case in the CFL? Because you don't have that luxury in the NFL. Coaching is a lot more important than it is at lower levels.

I do agree with you. He's not very well known. I've never seen a CFL game either to be honest. But something I can't really explain about this guy is just making me think he's a good fit. Maybe it's the success he's had with Montreal in the CFL, I'm not really sure. He's also worked very well with very good QBs such as Steve Young, Bernie Kosar and Rich Gannon. This could be promising for Andrew Luck. I just feel he could be successful.

But, my first two choices are Zimmer and Pagano because I really feel they can fix the defense with the right guys in there.

I'm thinking there will be no announcement today...it's after 2:00 p.m. (EST) and by now if there was a press conference scheduled, it would have been announced. Of course, that's assuming it would be a 4:00 p.m. press conference like the others have been.

I'm confident we'll have a new head coach by Friday. Hoping for Trestman among those that have been interviewed. Has Zimmer even been contacted? I see his name a lot, but nothing relating to contact or an interview. Correct me if I'm wrong.

I'm confident we'll have a new head coach by Friday. Hoping for Trestman among those that have been interviewed. Has Zimmer even been contacted? I see his name a lot, but nothing relating to contact or an interview. Correct me if I'm wrong.

I know the Bengals gave us permission to interview Zimmer. I'm assuming that means we did.

I know the Bengals gave us permission to interview Zimmer. I'm assuming that means we did.

Thanks. Still not sure if we have interviewed him, I can't recall a story about it similar to the stories about the other interviews.