Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Will Fandome At Los, Favor Eli That Much?

Mexicolt

I remember in the superbowl where the Giants defeated the Pats, I clearly remember there being more NY fans on the stands.

I expect this game to be like a Colts v Pats game, where the Indy fans, and the NY fans will team up f and make lots of noisewhen NE has the ball and stuff like that.

Am I right? I mean how many tickets does each team get? How many tickets will go to Indy fans? How is the preference in neutral fans outside of Indy? Since I am from another country, i don't quite know this stuff, I'd like to know. HELP?

Will there really be that many Indy fans there at the game? I was thinking most of the tickets are unattainable and get hoarded up by corporations and rich people.

I think yoyr probably correct because most fans can't afford the ticket prices of SB tickets. I would love to see the SB but I know I couldn't afford the ticket.

I think yoyr probably correct because most fans can't afford the ticket prices of SB tickets. I would love to see the SB but I know I couldn't afford the ticket.

Ticket prices on the secondary market this year and last year have been ridiculous. I went to our 2009 SB and I paid about $1600 which was about twice the face value. I looked on Stubhub today and the lowest was $2500 and I think last year the lowest was about $3000.

I remember in the superbowl where the Giants defeated the Pats, I clearly remember there being more NY fans on the stands.

I expect this game to be like a Colts v Pats game, where the Indy fans, and the NY fans will team up f and make lots of noisewhen NE has the ball and stuff like that.

Am I right? I mean how many tickets does each team get? How many tickets will go to Indy fans? How is the preference in neutral fans outside of Indy? Since I am from another country, i don't quite know this stuff, I'd like to know. HELP?

I expect you're right, with more NY fans and the Manning connection. I'm rooting for the Giants because of Eli and especially don't want to see the Pats hoist the trophy in our house.

That all being said, I have to confess that I think the Patriots are a class organization from the owner on down. I'm pretty sure that Belichick has a pact with the devil though.

You may have wanted another team but I read this interesting quote..

From an economic-impact standpoint, the game on Feb. 5 presents a better opportunity for local establishments to maximize revenue than if the Baltimore Ravens or San Francisco 49ers had advanced, experts contend.

The NFL estimates Indianapolis will draw 100,000 to 150,000 visitors who could spend $200 million over a 10-day span.

From an economic-impact standpoint, the game on Feb. 5 presents a better opportunity for local establishments to maximize revenue than if the Baltimore Ravens or San Francisco 49ers had advanced, experts contend.

The NFL estimates Indianapolis will draw 100,000 to 150,000 visitors who could spend $200 million over a 10-day span.

Yep. I read somewhere that Indy making it to the Super Bowl this year would actually be the worst economic possibility because a lot of the fans would eat and sleep at home instead of going to the restaurants and hotels.

No kidding... IBJ whoever was on DD's show the other day and stated the "dream" matchup was a Boston vs NY clash. For obvious reasons.

Good for Indy... and this town will Rock the SB, and I guarantee barring a blizzard Indy will get another.,,,

No kidding... IBJ whoever was on DD's show the other day and stated the "dream" matchup was a Boston vs NY clash. For obvious reasons.

Good for Indy... and this town will Rock the SB, and I guarantee barring a blizzard Indy will get another.,,,

or Boston vs NY cash ;)

Yep it's good for the city which causes the Indianapolis part of me to say your money spends just as well as anyone else's money.

The Colts fan part of me still wishes your Pats team was staying New England.

Few really like the Patriots because of Belichek...and his grumpy..CIA mentality..

......People like family stories...They want to see Eli win..Everybody roots for the little brother...

New York is big time....

the NYGs will up the ratings and media exposure to painful levels...

When Kelly Ripa is wearing a Giants jersey on TV..you know the horse is out of the barn...

If I had to guess, I'd say that more NY folks will travel to the SB than folks from NE. I went to two SBs when I was younger and had more money and less responsibilities. But the crowds in both Jacksonville and Arizona were heavily Eagles and Giants fans, respectively, and I would expect that trend to continue.

Major radio station in New Orleans did a poll and 88 per cent of those responding are pulling for Eli and the Giants. But of course Eli is a home boy. Since the Saints did not make it, they are for Eli. I believe there are a lot of Patriots haters around the country. Brady already has 3 rings and now 5 trips to the Super Bowl, and people think that's enough. Also, since the cheating scandal, their popularity diminished. I do believe about two thirds of the fans will favor the Giants. I hope they turn that into noise.