Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Training Camp Day 5

Bravo

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, MB-ColtsFan said:

I think this is only the second time I've heard Swoope's name.  Not having much of a camp, i guess?
I was hoping he would amount to something.  It's early, though, so I still hold out hope.

Good for Okine though.

When I was there Thursday he struggled a bit, dropped some balls, etc..

Yesterday he looked much better and had a beautiful over the shoulder catch.

20 minutes ago, IndyD4U said:

When I was there Thursday he struggled a bit, dropped some balls, etc..

Yesterday he looked much better and had a beautiful over the shoulder catch.

I think they need to up his reps some so he can get used to being out there.  Has all the other desired measurables.  Just needs to gain some confidence from playing.  Hope he gets a lot of looks in the preseason.

6 minutes ago, krunk said:

I think they need to up his reps some so he can get used to being out there.  Has all the other desired measurables.  Just needs to gain some confidence from playing.  Hope he gets a lot of looks in the preseason.

He caught a TD at an earlier practice, but they said he hasn't done much since.  Our TE position has to be the thinnest, with safety coming up a close second.

5 minutes ago, Smonroe said:

He caught a TD at an earlier practice, but they said he hasn't done much since.  Our TE position has to be the thinnest, with safety coming up a close second.

I think it will come into form at some point before the season.  He might be a little quiet in practice, but may come out a little bit once the preseason games start.  Some of the pictures I've seen of him he looks a little tense like "this is my last shot with this".  He needs to relax and just let it hang out.  I'm okay with Doyle and Allen, so we just need to round that depth out a little bit.  We've still got Griswold I think and the Reuland guy.  I wouldn't be surprised to see them pick Mike Miller back up once he's healthy or whatever the issue was. I was very surprised they let Truesdell go that fast with those freak intangibles he has.  Oh Well......

6 minutes ago, Smonroe said:

Safeties might be okay with Adams and Geathers as the starters and somebody like Darius Butler and TJ Green backing up.  We'll see how it shakes out.  It's a concern though.

2 hours ago, MB-ColtsFan said:

Not so sure that that he thinks it's a good move as much as it is that he thinks that it is more than just something they're doing to provide "camp bodies" at the position?  He may be, but that's not how I'm taking it.

It will be interesting to see how much playing time he gets there Sunday.

That could very well be the case. The rate that these guys are getting injured, it's probably nice just to see someone make it through a whole practice.

11 minutes ago, krunk said:

I think it will come into form at some point before the season.  He might be a little quiet in practice, but may come out a little bit once the preseason games start.  Some of the pictures I've seen of him he looks a little tense like "this is my last shot with this".  He needs to relax and just let it hang out.  I'm okay with Doyle and Allen, so we just need to round that depth out a little bit.  We've still got Griswold I think and the Reuland guy.  I wouldn't be surprised to see them pick Mike Miller back up once he's healthy or whatever the issue was. I was very surprised they let Truesdell go that fast with those freak intangibles he has.  Oh Well......

Truedell wasn't really a TE and they probably figured they had too many WRs in camp already.  I was thinking the same thing about Miller.  Wasn't he the one that Carly found?

TE scares me, if Allen goes down we really don't have a receiving threat there.  Doyle is passable but he's not going to make anyone gameplan for him.  I had high hopes for Swoope, I thought he looked smooth his rookie year but didn't seem to progress since.

The kid from Arkansas state may be decent if he gets off PuP.  I won't be surprised if they pick up a vet off the waiver wire before the season starts.

1 minute ago, krunk said:

I'm glad to see a big play was made.   Buster Skrine got us so much with that Slot Blitz last year.  Looks like we have an answer for it now.

What really frustrated me last season was, all it really takes is one or 2 huge plays against the blitz to get the Defense on their heels. We never did that last season except against the Broncos.

35 minutes ago, SilentHill said:

Pretty sure that is a bad thing...

This came right afterwards:

After a slow first week of camp, Andrew Luck has had a very good day today. #Colts

— Josh Wilson (@JoshWilsonSB) August 1, 2016

It appears maybe the red zone period was a little rough, but the overall practice well.

Also I think this defense as I predicted is a little bit better than what people have been saying.  Seems almost everyday they are saying the D performed well.

I like and appreciate the updates but this is one of the (many) things I don't like about twitter and the entire instant media, things get blown way out of proportion.  Someone tweets that Butler picked off Luck and fans respond with things like, Oh no... Luck can't solve his problems, etc.  Big deal Luck throws an interception in camp... it's training camp, it is the time to train the players and try things.  if they expecting everything to be perfect before going to camp they would call it perfect camp, not training camp.

I'd get see tweets with things like, Luck is really starting to implement the new footwork they are teaching him (or Luck is not getting the new footwork...) or you can really see the the olineman working into the techniques Philban is teaching them.

Instead we get things like Luck throws an INT in the redzone and all the defensive lineman are wearing bucket hats today.  I would rather they take some time and write something meaningful rather than instant fluff and nonsense.

Just remember that nothing looks good when looking at it under a microscope.

Ok, I'm stepping down now.