Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts sign tommie harris

hockey878

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Does anyone really think the Colts would sign Tommie Harris without giving him some sort of physical? If he was simply not in condition to play or his knees were completely busted then they wouldn't have signed him.

Does anyone really think the Colts would sign Tommie Harris without giving him some sort of physical? If he was simply not in condition to play or his knees were completely busted then they wouldn't have signed him.

Exactly...they wouldn't have even sniffed him if they didn't think he had something left. I'd just love to see a breakout year from him

I like the signing!! He didn't play alot last year & take a filer on a guy, & see what he's got in the tank. Because he didn't play alot last year He may be better physically & I know he's stay in Chicago didn't end well as in the dog house maybe he's got something to prove. If reasonable healthy a hungry Harris could turn out to be a heck of a signing :FBrolleyes: Got to love the effort by the front office though. I think they are really trying to improve the team.

I just love all the "let's sign Tommie Harris" threads that were on here just a few weeks ago....and now that we have him, a lot of forum folks are questioning the signing.

I don't get it! You all wanted FAs this year, and the Colts actually went out and did that, and now people are whining. Granted they are not the "big names" like other teams, but given the Colts cap situation you can't expect to sign big name FAs....First, the new salary cap hurts that even with Manning's lower cap contract. Second, the Colts don't normally go out and sign big name FAs. Harris, Sims, and to a lesser degree Anderson...those are major moves for a team that usually doesn't do anything in free agency.

Let's see how the preseason plays out.

Probably the best post in this thread. :)

Considering the Colt's history in free agency, Sims, Anderson and Harris ARE big names and big time signings. Here's what it boils down to....we've let some guys go who wanted more money than they were probably worth. Then we picked up some quality guys at a bargain to fill the empty spots. We have now arguably better depth at DL than we've had in the past 5 or 6 years. :)

Probably the best post in this thread. :)

Considering the Colt's history in free agency, Sims, Anderson and Harris ARE big names and big time signings. Here's what it boils down to....we've let some guys go who wanted more money than they were probably worth. Then we picked up some quality guys at a bargain to fill the empty spots. We have now arguably better depth at DL than we've had in the past 5 or 6 years. :)

I love how we aspire to be mediocre at best. Our FO continues to play it safe and we all (well, not all) sing Hallelujah.

It's about time we showed some balls and tried something a little less conservative.

But I should be used to it by now.

it should tell you something by the fact that i can't find it reported on the main sections of any web-site right now. espn does not have it even if you click just "NFL". Must be an afterthought.

It was hard to find that Joe Addai was resigned besides on here.

Doesn't mean Joe is a down player.

Before we get down on it, lets wait and see what he does. Who knows he might workout, or he might not. At least the team is trying to make some improvements, and that is good to see.

I love how we aspire to be mediocre at best. Our FO continues to play it safe and we all (well, not all) sing Hallelujah.

It's about time we showed some balls and tried something a little less conservative.

if mediocre is winning the division 7 out of 9 years and making the playoffs almost automatic then i'll take mediocre.

I know we want more championships, but so do every fan base in the nfl.

Btw, you can't win it unless you are in the playoffs, and we seem to be there quite a bit.

Who's aspiring to be mediocre? Point is that there is only so much they can do due to salary cap limitations. The moves they've made so far are more than they've done in the past.

Here's a video showing every snap Tommie Harris was involved in, in a Week 16 game against the Vikings in 2009 ...couldn't find anything more recent unfortunately

I think it's safe to say if this is the Tommie Harris we are getting (even if he's only 70% of what he was in 2006) then we're going to have a great complimentary, rotational player

Notice him living in the backfield quite a bit

if mediocre is winning the division 7 out of 9 years and making the playoffs almost automatic then i'll take mediocre.

I know we want more championships, but so do every fan base in the nfl.

Btw, you can't win it unless you are in the playoffs, and we seem to be there quite a bit.

You misunderstood. Check Jason's response. He got it. Your last sentence was ridiculous.

Who's aspiring to be mediocre? Point is that there is only so much they can do due to salary cap limitations. The moves they've made so far are more than they've done in the past.

If pursuing iffy backups at best isn't mediocre, then I can't do fractions. And 5 times out of 3 I'm correct.

We don't have cap space is just an excuse. Make some. Stop throwing it away on bungled contracts. Take some risks before Peyton hangs them up. And if we are honest, we got VERY lucky in our SB campaign. Our D was really pathetic, but found some magic just in time. And it had nothing to do with Bill Polian.

Manning's legacy is in danger of being tainted by some pretty average Front Office management.

But maybe this season we'll get lucky again on D, and go all the way.

He looks great in that video - what happened to him between 2009-2010 is what I don't understand

I really hope it was only an attitude thing and not some debilitating issue with his knees ..although it doesn't speak well on him that Rod Marinelli, one of the best D-line coaches gave up on him

Semantics my friend. You knew exactly what I meant. I have no malice towards Bill whatsoever. Just his poor management decisions. If he makes a good move, I'll applaud. You are no different if a player stinks it up during a game. Please get off your high horse and stop hugging our front office so tightly.

Oh Semantics, Translation: "what I said didn't make any sense but that's OK don't hole me to it."

If you have no malice towards bill why are 75% - at least- of your posts bashing him. Your malice is unmistakable.

I am no different if a player stinks it up during a game? Sense you can't give me any examples of that I won't ask you to. But when they do I don't try to cover for them I call it like I see it.

"High Horse"? "Hugging the front office" ? OK, nice semantics. Yes I am a fan of Polian and KNOW that he has done a great job sense he has been here. Yes he has made mistakes - most of which he has admitted to - and like everty other human being on the planet, could have done better, but having lived through many years of Colts ineptness I can appreciate what he has done for this franchise. If giving him credit is hugging then so be it. But don't try to make this into an equivilance thing because it is not even close. If that was the case every other post of mine would read: "Polian does it again!! only a genius would have signed ........ but as you can see that is not the case.

He looks great in that video - what happened to him between 2009-2010 is what I don't understand

I really hope it was only an attitude thing and not some debilitating issue with his knees ..although it doesn't speak well on him that Rod Marinelli, one of the best D-line coaches gave up on him

Like I said in another thread... I think he got frustrated with the Bears, and they got frustrated with him. I think he and Lovie Smith had some kind of major falling out behind the scenes...

Like I said in another thread... I think he got frustrated with the Bears, and they got frustrated with him. I think he and Lovie Smith had some kind of major falling out behind the scenes...

Yeah, like how they sat him out even though he wasn't injured for that one game. Apparently he was furious over it. I can't remember the full story behind it, but it was something along the lines of he and Lovie having a dispute, like you were saying.

I'll have to check around to see if I can find that story I'm thinking of.

Yeah I dont need to see even 1 sack out of the guy. Would be nice, but dont even need to see one. Just push the other teams Oline around alittle so the bookends dont get as much attention on them. Just disrupt the other teams running game and get them out of the gaps to run in. I am excited about this dude.

Yeah, like how they sat him out even though he wasn't injured for that one game. Apparently he was furious over it. I can't remember the full story behind it, but it was something along the lines of he and Lovie having a dispute, like you were saying.

I'll have to check around to see if I can find that story I'm thinking of.

Yeah, that was week 3 MNF...

And exactly how would you suggest we magically "make some" cap space? We already got rid of Diem's and Hayden's over-paid contracts.

Ask the Patriots, they always find plenty. And they too are hamstrung by a mega QB salary.

Or re-tool our Offense with scrubs, and go big on D. Peyton has proven he can score well enough with anybody, and almost win multiple SB's with bottom end Defenses. A top five D (probably top ten) and the Brady - Manning debate is over.

Easier said than done, I know.

Oh Semantics, Translation: "what I said didn't make any sense but that's OK don't hole me to it."

If you have no malice towards bill why are 75% - at least- of your posts bashing him. Your malice is unmistakable.

I am no different if a player stinks it up during a game? Sense you can't give me any examples of that I won't ask you to. But when they do I don't try to cover for them I call it like I see it.

"High Horse"? "Hugging the front office" ? OK, nice semantics. Yes I am a fan of Polian and KNOW that he has done a great job sense he has been here. Yes he has made mistakes - most of which he has admitted to - and like everty other human being on the planet, could have done better, but having lived through many years of Colts ineptness I can appreciate what he has done for this franchise. If giving him credit is hugging then so be it. But don't try to make this into an equivilance thing because it is not even close. If that was the case every other post of mine would read: "Polian does it again!! only a genius would have signed ........ but as you can see that is not the case.

Rather intense mister, don't you think? It's a blog site, and I'm not trying to negotiate a ransom for your kidnapped son.

Without Manning we are a 3-13 team. You all say it, I say it. To give so much credit for one pick (which was not really that hard) is kinda confusing for me. But I don't profess to be clever, so I'm sorry if I've over simplified.

And if your are still proud of the Week 17 decision, then I admire your loyalty.

Although we disagree, I go in peace.

Rather intense mister, don't you think? It's a blog site, and I'm not trying to negotiate a ransom for your kidnapped son.

Without Manning we are a 3-13 team. You all say it, I say it. To give so much credit for one pick (which was not really that hard) is kinda confusing for me. But I don't profess to be clever, so I'm sorry if I've over simplified.

And if your are still proud of the Week 17 decision, then I admire your loyalty.

Although we disagree, I go in peace.

You are putting a lot of words into my mouth, but I'll echo echo your last line.

So re-tool our Offense with scrubs...you want to get rid of Reggie Wayne and Dallas Clark and replace them with scrubs.....No thank you.

Absolutely. We virtually got to the AFCCG without Dallas and Collie and Wayne disappears when it counts, whilst our D was getting gashed for fun. Think what we'd do with 2 run stuffing DT's? Manning would have so many more drives to make Garcon, Tamme, White and Collie invincibl. Trade Addai as well, and make do with Brown, Carter, Hart, James etc. A decent O-line is all we need, right? And I believe we are putting one of those together at last.

Sticking to the same old tired philosophy is not bringing the rewards a superstar QB deserves.

But we haven't got the guts to go for it. Play it safe, keep my job.

It's a shame.

retooling the offense will probably take a couple of years.......those scrubs are able to play like that because of the guys who are currently on this team........do you think collie is as good if you take away dallas and reggie?........and mannings legacy is fine.........there is a ton of promise and talent on this team.....guys who are still developing...why be so negative?