Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

When The Dust Settles, We Need To Make Our Guests Feel Welcome

chad72

All I can say to Indianapolis fans is that, I know we all have our bitter rivalries and teams we don't want to win etc.

But when SB weekend comes along and the dust settles, it should be time for us to show our midwest hospitality to any set of guests that will be in our town. It is going to be a good one for our city, we need to make our city feel proud.

At least Peyton going down for this year makes this a little bit more tolerable, IMO, knowing that we had no chance to back the Colts in the SB.

I think Indy fans are always polite and respectful of other teams fans. Congrats to them for getting to the superbowl although I think it was more to the Ravens faults than the Pats playing.

I met some Ravens fans at one the AFC championship the game we played and they were extreemely nice and respectful. One of them even gave me a hug and told me how much fun she was having.

People are people.

Welcome back to our house Patriots. With that said I hope Eli wins it all. :)

I met some Ravens fans at one the AFC championship the game we played and they were extreemely nice and respectful. One of them even gave me a hug and told me how much fun she was having.

People are people.

Well said. Since I moved to the northeast, I have been to several stadiums for Colts games. I've been to Washington, Philadelphia, New England, and Baltimore twice. The image of Baltimore hating Indy is hyped up by the media and the Baltimore fans just like to play into it. I never felt any real animosity in Baltimore. I more got the feeling that they were harassing me in a tongue-in-cheek kind of way because they're supposed to hate Indy. It's kind of like how you might give your friends a hard time about something but you don't really mean it. Or the Indy fans booing the girl in the Pats jersey that won the punt, pass, and kick competition. They weren't actually booing her; they were booing as a joke because they're supposed to hate the Pats. It was all in fun.

I'll also say this for New England fans. I was treated better in Foxborough than I have been treated at any other stadium. And that's not saying anything bad about the other places. It's just that everyone in Foxborough was that nice. I was expecting the worst and was pleasantly surprised.

Brady ain't losing this one guys...they will want to rub it in our collective faces. Especially if it is another chance against Eli and Giants...they will be obsessed with redemption. lol

Difference between Pats and the Colts. Pats make the most of their opportunities...Peyton out for year...Pats go to Super Bowl in Indy. Colts squander their opportunities...Brady out for year...Colts lose to Chargers in 1st playoff game. Brady/Manning era coming to a close and we all know who will end up on the top side of things overall unfortunately.

Colts squander their opportunities...Brady out for year...Colts lose to Chargers in 1st playoff game.

Let us not forget that the year Brady went out for the year, Manning had 2 bursa sac injuries, so we started 3-4 and with the way the Colts team was built, winning on the road was always a dicey proposition, even with Peyton as QB.

Difference between Pats and the Colts. Pats make the most of their opportunities...Peyton out for year...Pats go to Super Bowl in Indy. Colts squander their opportunities...Brady out for year...Colts lose to Chargers in 1st playoff game. Brady/Manning era coming to a close and we all know who will end up on the top side of things overall unfortunately.

It's not like the Colts have been keeping the Pats out of the Super Bowl up until this year. It's been five years since they played each other in the playoffs. It's not like they were a shoe in if it weren't for that pesky Peyton Manning.

Let us not forget that the year Brady went out for the year, Manning had 2 bursa sac injuries, so we started 3-4 and with the way the Colts team was built, winning on the road was always a dicey proposition, even with Peyton as QB.

I hear you on the bursa sac...but it's not like that was still a factor by the time the the playoffs rolled around. Peyton played well enough but our defense let Billy Voleck look like the second coming of Montana. Bottom line we got beat in a game where we were favored to win and it is just another of our many missed opportunities in this era.

It's not like the Colts have been keeping the Pats out of the Super Bowl up until this year. It's been five years since they played each other in the playoffs. It's not like they were a shoe in if it weren't for that pesky Peyton Manning.

You are correct but you can bet that during each of those five years they were still worried to death over the prospect of facing us just as we were of them. That is just how it rolls between our two teams. There is mutual respect. Peyton out of the AFC this year instantly made it much easier road to haul for everyone. Just as Brady's injury did in 2008. Don't fool yourself. Credit to Pats for being able to capitalize and make the most of it.

I have a good friend who is Pats fan born and raised in NE! This is is her first trip to Indiana she is coming in just for the SB. I hope her trip is a great one! Even though the Pats is our arch rivals. Lets show all Patriots fans with our hoosier hospitality. Lets show them our respect and make their trip a memorable one!

Yeah, but if you go to an NFL game, it is pretty much a given that somebody has been drinking. I don't think I've ever been to an NFL game where people weren't drinking.

The superbowl is different. Not as many real fans imo. It is very corporate and lots of celebrities. Tons of security

Never saw any fans out of control the way you sometimes do with other games

All I can say to Indianapolis fans is that, I know we all have our bitter rivalries and teams we don't want to win etc.

But when SB weekend comes along and the dust settles, it should be time for us to show our midwest hospitality to any set of guests that will be in our town. It is going to be a good one for our city, we need to make our city feel proud.

At least Peyton going down for this year makes this a little bit more tolerable, IMO, knowing that we had no chance to back the Colts in the SB.

I live here .... and I know how Indy does with "major sporting events".

Indy WILL ROCK THE HOUSE.

Well said. Since I moved to the northeast, I have been to several stadiums for Colts games. I've been to Washington, Philadelphia, New England, and Baltimore twice. The image of Baltimore hating Indy is hyped up by the media and the Baltimore fans just like to play into it. I never felt any real animosity in Baltimore. I more got the feeling that they were harassing me in a tongue-in-cheek kind of way because they're supposed to hate Indy. It's kind of like how you might give your friends a hard time about something but you don't really mean it. Or the Indy fans booing the girl in the Pats jersey that won the punt, pass, and kick competition. They weren't actually booing her; they were booing as a joke because they're supposed to hate the Pats. It was all in fun.

I'll also say this for New England fans. I was treated better in Foxborough than I have been treated at any other stadium. And that's not saying anything bad about the other places. It's just that everyone in Foxborough was that nice. I was expecting the worst and was pleasantly surprised.

When will Balt. fan realize they stole "Clevelands" team...

x

Go Niners............

I hear you on the bursa sac...but it's not like that was still a factor by the time the the playoffs rolled around. Peyton played well enough but our defense let Billy Voleck look like the second coming of Montana. Bottom line we got beat in a game where we were favored to win and it is just another of our many missed opportunities in this era.

You got the wrong year. The year we made Billy Volek look like Joe Montana was the year the Pats went 16-0. The bursa sac and Brady out for the season was the next year. Sproles and Robo Punter Scifres killed us in the wild card game in San Diego though we went into the playoffs with a 9 game winning streak.

It just goes to show you playoffs are a crap shoot and you need a deep team that can make plays on D and ST to win a game when your offense is not lighting it up.

I've been to Indy. Extremely nice city. Great restaurants too!

People are extremely friendly, just what you'd expect for the midwest.

Went to see the air show a couple years back but it was rained out so we all went to the Indy speedway museum which kinda bored me not being into racers:)

Still it was interesting to see some really old cars.