Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Florida

wanabecoach

Posted · Hidden by shecolt, January 20, 2012 - removed at OP's request
Hidden by shecolt, January 20, 2012 - removed at OP's request

Hey, where's my let'er buck ruk post? Huh. Ah well.

It got deleted cuz I said naughty things about a forbidden subject. My bad..... I was just being funny and Maureen yelled at me..... :ashamed:

Posted · Hidden by shecolt, January 21, 2012 - response to removed post
Hidden by shecolt, January 21, 2012 - response to removed post

It got deleted cuz I said naughty things about a forbidden subject. My bad..... I was just being funny and Maureen yelled at me..... :ashamed:

Me too, ruk......I got censored!.

Oh, the shame of it!!!! :drama:

A significant number of private jet owners will lease them when they are not using the jets themselves. Maybe Irsay being a bright business man looking to maximize revenue leased the jet to someone for a quick out and back that has nothing to do with the Colts.

Jimmy seems like a "my plane" kind of guy. But seriously, with the HC search going on, Irsay will be keeping the jet fueled and ready for him and Ryan only -- as it should be right now.

JasonLaCanforaJason La Canfora

Colts interviewed Titans DC Jerry Gray for about 6 hrs today. Add Brad Childress to list of candidates Indy wants to talk to #insideslant

Either of them live in Florida in the offseason?

Jerry Gray's final year in the NFL as a player was in Tampa....He could still have a home there I would guess.

Childress is coaching in the East/West game which is played in Tampa this weekend.

http://www.shrinegame.com/PressRoom/EastWestShrineGameCoaches.aspx

Posted · Hidden by Nadine, January 21, 2012 - quoted removed post
Hidden by Nadine, January 21, 2012 - quoted removed post

Hmmm, whats the deal with the Colts and the affirmative action hires? Is Irsay really that concerned with PR relations? I guess it makes a nice story for the media.

No, it's required by the NFL. Ever hear of the Rooney Rule?

Posted · Hidden by Nadine, January 21, 2012 - racist
Hidden by Nadine, January 21, 2012 - racist

No, it's required by the NFL. Ever hear of the Rooney Rule?

I never heard of a rule that required you to hire 2 African American coachs in a row then turn around and go for a 3rd in a row. Please explain? I'm assuming there is no rule in place requiring a team to interview a white coach for the job, no? The job should go to the best man for the job, regardless of race

The rule requires the Colts to interview at least one AA candidate as part of this search. And while I certainly don't think Gray should get the job just because he's black, his resume justifies consideration.

Edited by Maureen
removed deleted post

All of these other cities around Sarasota have their own airport. Jim Tressel makes the most since. We never heard of his firing( I think his contract was only for a year anyways so my guess is it expired) and he does have a house there. If nothing else I think Grigson will keep Jim Tressel for other things. IE: scouting and college or player personnel. He drew in some good talent when he was with OSU. Not sure he wants to be the head coach but in Ohio he was one heck of a scout for talent and just seems to have the eye and personality for it. After the NCAA burnt Tressel, I don't seem him returning there anytime soon. He and Mr.Irsay are both men of high faith, that was always well know of Tressel, so if Jim Irsay likes him, I'd say that can't hurt him. Best of luck to whom ever it was. Glad to see the flight landed safe back in Indy too. Go Colts!

Why are people saying Tressel would be catastrophic? I mean, compared to whom? Who out there is automatically better? And no, saying "anybody with NFL experience" isn't an answer. There's no validity to that. Also, hating him because you have no idea what happened with the player scandal, hating him because he beat your team in a big game, or hating him because you root for Michigan doesn't carry any weight. Those things are arbitrary and mean nothing when evaluating a coach.

I'm not saying I want him as our head coach, but as far as the college-to-pro thing goes, he's got about the best resume possible, and he coached a pro-style system. Ohio State had NEVER seen success like it did under Tressel. He dominated Michigan like no OSU coach before him, he won the Big 10 title with frightening regularity, and he made multiplte national championships and beat the then consensus "best NCAA team ever" from Miami for the title. (That Miami team, by the way, produced about two dozen draft picks in one year.)

Why are people saying Tressel would be catastrophic? I mean, compared to whom? Who out there is automatically better? And no, saying "anybody with NFL experience" isn't an answer. There's no validity to that. Also, hating him because you have no idea what happened with the player scandal, hating him because he beat your team in a big game, or hating him because you root for Michigan doesn't carry any weight. Those things are arbitrary and mean nothing when evaluating a coach.

I'm not saying I want him as our head coach, but as far as the college-to-pro thing goes, he's got about the best resume possible, and he coached a pro-style system. Ohio State had NEVER seen success like it did under Tressel. He dominated Michigan like no OSU coach before him, he won the Big 10 title with frightening regularity, and he made multiplte national championships and beat the then consensus "best NCAA team ever" from Miami for the title. (That Miami team, by the way, produced about two dozen draft picks in one year.)

Nice post. Say what you want but Tressel has won everywhere he has coached. I could care less about tattoos.

I'm from Ohio. Not an Ohio State fan I should note. I have a unbiased view of Jim I feel. He did good things while here in Columbus with the Buckeyes. He seems to have composure, has a knack of evaluating young talent, got the most he could out of the OSU players each game(with the exception of those who were trouble and had character issues..IE: Terrel Pryor), and when he jogged onto the field you knew that you couldn't count OSU out until the clock read 00:00 4th quarter. Sounds like a good coach to me. With the right men working under him, OC, DC, STC, so on and so forth, he could manage the Colt's nicely. I don't doubt his leadership. With Jim I think Grigson would do most of the underneath coaches like the OC and DC. He speaks well, knows his ball, and carries himself with confidence. To answer Grigson "leader" question when asked about what the Colts want in this new HC, I think Jim Tressel has those abilities. If Jim doesn't get the HC job; my next candidate of choice would be Pete Carmichael..OC, New Orleans. Go Colts!

http://www.stampedeblue.com/2012/1/19/2718670/report-jim-tressel-will-not-be-the-colts-next-head-coach

"There was a report the

Indianapolis Colts

are at least considering disgraced former Ohio State coach Jim Tressel as head coach, who is on the Indianapolis staff as a gameday consultant. I checked with a Colts source and he said this: "No way in heck."

But this is the interesting part. The source explained that owner Jim Irsay likes Tressel and does want him to have some sort of role in the organization (a new head coach will have some say in that of course)."

Ive always disliked OSU so naturally I hated Jim Tressel too. But after reading all the post about JT has a coach I must admit the guy was a great coach. With the right assistants in place, I'd buy that. Plus I think since he's already been in the League(I'm sure he had to make it on the practice field a couple of times?) for a year I don't think we would have to be concerned with his game translating to the NFL. The mans persona screams leader. After all that is what they're looking for.