2016 NFL Draft Thread

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, DougDew said:

Billings could improve the pass rush from the middle.  That's something the Colts have never had for as long as I can remember.

Our current OLB are 30 plus years old. We need to get younger outside.

3 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

Very good pick for the Colts. Vikings fans on our thread believe this is Grigson's best draft pick (outside of Luck, of course).

My Vikes are coming up. My guys Karl Joseph and Sheldon Rankins are gone. I want Doctson but Houston may take him. I don't mind getting Jack for an all-Bruins LB corps. We've been dreaming this and it may come to pass. Still want Doctson. 

You have good taste!  And Texans took Fuller :D, Doctson should be yours

4 minutes ago, krunk said:

Our current OLB are 30 plus years old. We need to get younger outside.

We got our #1 priority out of the way with a player who is also projected to start right away and last for 10 years.

There will be a lot of good defensive players to choose from the rest of this draft.

Just now, NFLfan said:

Thank goodness. I did not want Fuller. I just let out a big sigh. 

Yeah, I'm an ND fan, and I liked him a lot, but I'm fine with him going to Houston...I think he'll be average in the pros.  Doctson was my top WR...and Rankins and Joseph were my top two favorites

4 minutes ago, JRnINDY said:

Almost all the OLB's & DL are still on the board. We might get lucky.

There will be one at 48.  The news reports that the Colts were looking at C and rusher in the first two rounds will materialize.  It might be a DT, but rusher form the outside is most likely.

9 minutes ago, DougDew said:

We got our #1 priority out of the way with a player who is also projected to start right away and last for 10 years.

There will be a lot of good defensive players to choose from the rest of this draft.

I dont have any problem with the Kelly pick. We were talking about Billings. I said I think it looks like he will be available in the second round the way the draft is working, although I think we will take a pass rusher. My response to you was to say I don't see Billings as a sufficient addition to improve the rush. The area of improvement is on the outside being that our two OLBs are over 30. I have zero issues with the Kelly pick.

3 minutes ago, krunk said:

I dont have any problem with the Kelly pick. We were talking about Billings. I said I think it looks like he will be available in the second round the way the draft is working, although I think we will take a pass rusher. My response to you was to say I don't see Billings as a sufficient addition to improve the rush. The area of improvement is on the outside.

I understand what you meant.  What I mean is ,Floyd is gone, Spence has 31 inch alligator arms, and Correa is small, IMO.  I wouldn't lose any sleep if none of those were drafted at 48.  Billings can be as disruptive as any of them, albeit in a different way.

Last year, the draft looked much better after Anderson was picked in the 3rd round.  We might end up with a very good DT, since they seem to be falling, and two speed guys on the outside when its all said and done.