• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, NorthernBlue said:

Holy crap. What. A. Game. 

I'm not sure what the reaction of the board was after the Kelly pick, but after what I just watched, I think I'm good with it (for now).

Great game and a great outcome!  Oshie is an absolute monster!  I was a little anxious when the Pens scored those two quick goals, but Oshie had himself an unreal game. 

Just now, 21isSuperman said:

Great game and a great outcome!  Oshie is an absolute monster!  I was a little anxious when the Pens scored those two quick goals, but Oshie had himself an unreal game. 

Yep. Oshie was always called a playoff choker in STL, but he and Burakovsky were on a mission tonight. Chance after chance after chance. I don't think my heart can handle a 7 game series like this haha

Good to see the Forum is generally happy with the Kelly pick. I like him, but I'm even more elated with the pick after seeing all the talent left in the first round. We got the best Centre, and can still get a game changer on D. Awesome night! 

9 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

Fuller is a perfect complement to Hopkins.    Dude is fast

He's better than Jalen Strong who is trash. But Hopkins is fast too. Damn near put Revis in the burn unit. Also took D'Angelo Hall's ankles in a joint practice.

17 minutes ago, Defjamz26 said:

Artie Burns has to be the worst pick of the first round. Followed by Joshua Garnett.

Wow.  Of all those picks you think Artie is the worst?

I had all 5 corners taken rated 1st or 2nd including burns (based more on potential) and I had one I repeat one receiver with a first round grade and yet how many went?

All of those receivers imo except Doctson and Treadwell were heavy heavy reaches.  Any of those could easily be worse more so than garnett.

Just now, Surge89 said:

Wow.  Of all those picks you think Artie is the worst?

I had all 5 corners taken rated 1st or 2nd including burns (based more on potential) and I had one I repeat one receiver with a first round grade and yet how many went?

All of those receivers imo except Doctson and Treadwell were heavy heavy reaches.  Any of those could easily be worse more so than garnett.

Artie isn't a bad player but the Steelers reached IMO. They just took the next best CB.

1 minute ago, Surge89 said:

That's not saying much I think a domestic house cat has better hands than Coleman and Fuller lol.

How did fuller catch so many balls and tds if he has terrible hands?   He was the only real big play guy ND had and he took over games last year.   Most of the year with a freshman qb

1 minute ago, Defjamz26 said:

Artie isn't a bad player but the Steelers reached IMO. They just took the next best CB.

I don't agree.

Artie is around the right value and his potential ceiling is way way higher than the rest of his peers.  This imo is a typical 3 year down the road Steelers pick.  They will have William Gay play out his contract and Cockrell/Golson play the number 2 and 3 spots while he plays nickel and learns the game.  

Add to it that Burns will no longer be trying to be a hurdle star while playing football and just focus on football I think he progresses faster than what most think.

3 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

How did fuller catch so many balls and tds if he has terrible hands?   He was the only real big play guy ND had and he took over games last year.   Most of the year with a freshman qb

Because in the collegiate game you can jump to catch balls and do body catches because space will be available.  Also in ND there was an emphasis on throwing him the ball regardless of the situation so he was force fed which inflates quite a bit.

1 minute ago, Surge89 said:

Because in the collegiate game you can jump to catch balls and do body catches because space will be available.  Also in ND there was an emphasis on throwing him the ball regardless of the situation so he was force fed which inflates quite a bit.

I take it you don't watch many ND games.

4 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

I take it you don't watch many ND games.

I don't watch the games during the season no.  But I watched plenty of offensive drives by ND during the draft process.  Most of the time they would never spread the ball they would just shift Coleman onto a DB he could outrun and throw.  Rinse repeat

*edit* no idea what happened my phone wouldn't let me backspace.

2 minutes ago, Gavin said:

He dropped 10 of 72 balls thrown his way and 18 in the last 2 years

OK,   he also had 130+ catches 2200+ yards and 30 tds in that same span.    With not great qb play to boot.

Ps he had more than 72 targets last year

5 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

OK,   he also had 130+ catches 2200+ yards and 30 tds in that same span.    With not great qb play to boot.

Ps he had more than 72 targets last year

That 72 didn't sound right after I typed it but that's what I read so I kept it. I agree however he certainly did make up for it with serious production

I agree that Artie burns will improve now that he is able to completely focus on football. Keep in mind Miami has had a poor coaching staff for the last 10 years. The golden era was particularly awful with player development and defensive coaching. 

Undrafted guys like Sam shields, Allen hurns, and even Ladarius Gunter are playing much better than most folks expected. 

Deon bush, Rashwan Scott and herb waters could surprise as well. 

There is still a lot of good defensive talent available.  Noah Spence, Andrew Billings, Myles Jack, Kevin Dodd all still available and there's a very good chance one falls to 48.  Who do you want to see us get today?  If we get Noah Spence, I think Grigson would be batting 1.000 so far.

2 hours ago, 21isSuperman said:

There is still a lot of good defensive talent available.  Noah Spence, Andrew Billings, Myles Jack, Kevin Dodd all still available and there's a very good chance one falls to 48.  Who do you want to see us get today?  If we get Noah Spence, I think Grigson would be batting 1.000 so far.

I would take any of those guys at 48, however, I'm not nearly as confident as you when it comes to their availability at our pick...hope you're right though!!

18 hours ago, Defjamz26 said:

He's better than Jalen Strong who is trash. But Hopkins is fast too. Damn near put Revis in the burn unit. Also took D'Angelo Hall's ankles in a joint practice.

Hopkins is the best WR in the NFL IMO. Has trashy QB play, still put up ridiculous numbers while also every defense tries to key in on him. He's not only fast but he's physical too.

Top ranked available defensive players from NFL.com, grade:

Myles Jack, 7.3

Reggie Ragland, 6.4

A'Shawn Robinson, 6.3

Kevin Dodd, 6.2

Chris Jones, 6.2

Jarran Reed, 6.1

Jon Bullard, 6.0

Hassan Ridgeway, 6.0

Emmanuel Ogbah, 6.0

Andrew Billings, 6.0

Noah Spence, 5.9

Alexander Mackensie, 5.9

While there very well may be a run on defensive players, it's very likely at least one of those guys falls to 48