Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Interesting mock from Walter Football

of course all mocks are opinion etc but I found this 4 round to be interesting.

1) Ryan Kelly

2nd) Noah Spence---with his issues, I'd be all for him after the first

3rd) Blake Martinez--LB Stanford (honestly have no knowledge of him)

4th) Paul Perkins -RB UCLA

1 minute ago, Archer said:

Coming away with Kelly and Spence would be fantastic.  Not too sure about ILB and RB coming after that, but I'd be very happy halfway through Friday night!

I would be too. Honestly the more I'm reading about how deep the D line draft is and where some of the DBs (Joseph, etc) might go . I would not be surprised if Kelly is the pick at 18.

I'd prefer Martinez in the 4th or 5th round and not in the 3rd round.    

But I'd be very happy if we came away from the draft with him taken in the right round.    I don't want to reach for him.      But Blake is a solid guy....    I think he'd be a very good replacement (in 17) for DQ Jackson.    I don't think he's a replacement for Freeman.     He doesn't have the athleticism for that spot.

But make no mistake -- Martinez is a good rock solid football player.    The Colts can do much worse than taking him.

I would love the draft. I have been looking at Walter for the last few months, and this is the first time I have seen them pick Kelly, which I would love for the solid value. Jeremiah from NFL.com now has him as his 21st best player, so I don't think it as much a reach as most think. Love the second one since Spence could be really good, but we are not gambling a first on him. Paul Perkins in the 4th, good RB at a good price.

This is the first mock I really liked from Walter. They have Whitehair going late 2nd to early 3rd. I would love to get him in the 3rd.

The only good pick is Spence in the 2nd. I think we steer clear of him so doubt that happens.

A Center at 18 is just silly.  I dont't dislike Martinez but not in the 3rd. I really hope we don't spend a pick on a RB. I think there is going to be plenty of options to add good pieces to the other side of the ball. RB next year. 

Honestly, taking Ryan Kelly at 18 is not a waste of a pick. This may be the one guy, possibly Nick Martin too, who can step in and start from Day 1. You want to rely on Holmes or Harrison even one more game? That's your choice. If they pass on Kelly because be's a theoretical reach, and Martin gets taken before their 2nd pick, then the Colts are going to be in trouble at the Center position all over again. Pick Kelly and the position can be solved for a decade! Take him and don't look back. It is the single biggest need on the team and the "reach" is minimal. 

9 hours ago, Hoose said:

Honestly, taking Ryan Kelly at 18 is not a waste of a pick. This may be the one guy, possibly Nick Martin too, who can step in and start from Day 1. You want to rely on Holmes or Harrison even one more game? That's your choice. If they pass on Kelly because be's a theoretical reach, and Martin gets taken before their 2nd pick, then the Colts are going to be in trouble at the Center position all over again. Pick Kelly and the position can be solved for a decade! Take him and don't look back. It is the single biggest need on the team and the "reach" is minimal. 

There is no guarantee with Kelly, Everyone acts like he's autonatically a pro bowler that's not the case. Look at the guy who's big shoes he had to fill Barrett Jones. He was supposed to be penciled in as a factor on the interior for the next decade. Anything sounding familiar? He's had 27 snaps in 3 years. Bama football baby.  

I'm not predicting Kelly will be a bust. I just think we can get impact players at 18 and 48 on D. The C class is deep. A guy like Seumola in the 4th makes much more sense to me. Boehm, Allen, Blythe, etc will all be there day 3 and provide good value. People really think Kelly is a top 20 player?

We need a C that's for sure and we will get one. I just have a hard time seeing Grig's going there round 1. 

Having a pick in the teens and coming away with a Centre without a 1st round grade is imo a failure. I'd take him late in the 1st in a trade down situation but not at 18. I'd rather wait until the 3rd to address it with Jack Allen.

Spence is a BIG risk considering his past but could pay off big if he's cleaned up. But I'm sceptical.

I honestly thought Martinez was a CB. Must be thinking of someone else.

Perkins is okay but its too high to be thinking RB this year with the other holes we have.