Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Shay perfect Draft

He posted the following. I have to agree that this would be outstanding.

Round 1 (18): Karl Joseph, S, West Virginia
Round 2 (48): Cody Whitehair, G/C, Kansas State
Round 3 (82): Jerald Hawkins, OT, LSU

Analysis: I wanted to get the Colts and offensive lineman with their first-round pick, but the value just wasn't there. So I went with the best player on the board (Joseph), who could be their next Bob Sanders. Joseph is one of the more violent and efficient tacklers we've studied recently at the safety position. Concerns about his 2015 knee injury aside, he's one of the fastest-rising prospects in this draft. Whitehair shows exceptional awareness on tape and would provide the Colts with a versatile interior lineman. Hawkins has the frame, skill set and football character to develop into a solid right tackle starter in the NFL.

This is the best media mock I've seen. I think Joseph at #18 is high, but that's only because he's hurt. He looks like an outstanding prospect, and if he were healthy, I could see him being valued that high. Assuming his medicals are good, I'm on board there.

Whitehair should be a mid 2nd rounder, at best. He's not excellent at any position, but the thinking is that he'll be a plus prospect at guard, maybe even center. And even though he's undersized, his technique would allow him to pinch hit at tackle if necessary. One of my favorite OL prospects.

Hawkins is also a good OL prospect with the ability to play LT and RT. Good feet, long arms.

2 minutes ago, Boiler_Colt said:

I love Karl Joseph but 18 may be too soon. Would I absolutely hate it? No.

My thoughts exactly.  I really just like the fact that someone finally linked us to him, lol.  I will admit, I'd rather reach for Joseph at 18 than I would Kelly :hide:

Two OLS in the first three rounds without a true center?  I don't like it.  Bring in Kelly or Martin to be an immediate big upgrade at center, or wait a while and snag Seumalo, who will take longer but still be an upgrade...

54 minutes ago, lollygagger8 said:

Absolutely no way Whitehair is there in the 2nd by the time our pick comes by at #48. 

Karl Joseph......idk about picking him in the 1st round. 

Personally,   I think it's 50/50 that Whitehair is there at 50.      And if I was going to error on one side,  it would be that he IS there and not that he's been taken.

I don't see Whitehair going in the 1st round,  so then it becomes does he go in the top half of the 2nd round or the back half of the 2nd round.     Nothing seems obvious here,  at least, not to me....

1 hour ago, JMichael557 said:

He posted the following. I have to agree that this would be outstanding.

Round 1 (18): Karl Joseph, S, West Virginia
Round 2 (48): Cody Whitehair, G/C, Kansas State
Round 3 (82): Jerald Hawkins, OT, LSU

Analysis: I wanted to get the Colts and offensive lineman with their first-round pick, but the value just wasn't there. So I went with the best player on the board (Joseph), who could be their next Bob Sanders. Joseph is one of the more violent and efficient tacklers we've studied recently at the safety position. Concerns about his 2015 knee injury aside, he's one of the fastest-rising prospects in this draft. Whitehair shows exceptional awareness on tape and would provide the Colts with a versatile interior lineman. Hawkins has the frame, skill set and football character to develop into a solid right tackle starter in the NFL.

Can we at least get the guy's name right?

It's Todd McShay.        Not Shay,    McShay.

And this draft,  absolutely would NOT -- repeat,  NOT -- excite me or make me think it was outstanding.

I don't like Joseph as our 1st. pick.  I want a starter with our 1st pick not somebody who can't step in right away.  I would be okay with him in the 3rd. , I know he won't be there.  I would be surprised if Kelly, Martin and Whitehair are there for us in the 2nd. round.  We need to take one of them in the 1st.  I have seen them all taken around our pick on some mocks. Now if we could send a conditional 2017 pick to the 49"ers. for Davis then I think we could take our chances and wait until the 2nd. for a center and thus freeing up our 1st for possibly a defensive STARTER, maybe a NT or LB.  Even if we were able to trade for Davis I could still see them taking a C with the first pick.  I think Irsay has told them, fix that IOL or else. 

1 hour ago, richard pallo said:

I don't like Joseph as our 1st. pick.  I want a starter with our 1st pick not somebody who can't step in right away.  I would be okay with him in the 3rd. , I know he won't be there.  I would be surprised if Kelly, Martin and Whitehair are there for us in the 2nd. round.  We need to take one of them in the 1st.  I have seen them all taken around our pick on some mocks. Now if we could send a conditional 2017 pick to the 49"ers. for Davis then I think we could take our chances and wait until the 2nd. for a center and thus freeing up our 1st for possibly a defensive STARTER, maybe a NT or LB.  Even if we were able to trade for Davis I could still see them taking a C with the first pick.  I think Irsay has told them, fix that IOL or else. 

SHOCKER!!!!!  Unfortunately I cannot find an emoticon with a broken record playing.  Your comments always make me wonder if there is more than 1 round in a draft, and if there is, why do we even bother because you cannot find talent after the 1st apparently.

I would like to see the us take a pass rusher 1st round (Leonard Floyd, Noah Spence, Shaq Lawson) best available. The 2nd round we need a leader at center (Jack Allen, Nick Martin) to bring our line together. The 3rd round need to be either FS or RG (best available).

I have had predictions in the past but Grigson always surprises me!!

20 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

Personally,   I think it's 50/50 that Whitehair is there at 50.      And if I was going to error on one side,  it would be that he IS there and not that he's been taken.

I don't see Whitehair going in the 1st round,  so then it becomes does he go in the top half of the 2nd round or the back half of the 2nd round.     Nothing seems obvious here,  at least, not to me....

We pick at #48, so if Whitehair is magically there, then I would love that pick.

12 hours ago, Itsacoltthing said:

I would like to see the us take a pass rusher 1st round (Leonard Floyd, Noah Spence, Shaq Lawson) best available. The 2nd round we need a leader at center (Jack Allen, Nick Martin) to bring our line together. The 3rd round need to be either FS or RG (best available).

I have had predictions in the past but Grigson always surprises me!!

Shaq Lawson is not a pass rusher....... more of an Erik Walden.