Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Kubiak has spoken to.....Johnny Manziel

oldunclemark

I dint know he knew him and I guess I forgot that Von Miller and Johnny are from the same school.

I guess they'd talk about a backup role? Right?

But he'd have to serve a suspension before ever returning to the NFL.

And shouldn't he sit out this coming year for his own good to show he can get himself straight?

Denver isn't this desperate, are they? 

Just now, oldunclemark said:

I didnt know Kubiak knew Manziel and I guess I forgot that Von Miller

and Johnny are from the same school.

And shouldn't he sit out this coming year for his own good to show he can get himself straight?

Denver isn't this desperate, are they?  Or are they just researching all possibilities?

27 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

I dint know he knew him and I guess I forgot that Von Miller and Johnny are from the same school.

somewhere i read this earlier this week, & Kubs said no way were they signing him

some so called analyst experts on CBS , NFL.com etc NFL network said iys all part of gamesmanship in the QB situation tryting to get San Fran & Kap to blink

Now Von Miller has said hes shocked they havent signed Johnny but as u note they go  way back

With Jets now needing a LT and expecting to take a rusher in first now they may have to go OT,  but also their is talk of trading for Clady which would give Elway more $ for Kap

but if they did they also would want Clady to restructure hhis contract, the issue is for how much, if  Clady can take somewhat of a cut but not as much as Elway wanted a trade may occur - as the draft nears things may get clearer or some teams may wait till after to make moves

21 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

I'm not sure if Manziel will ever be ready to QB in the NFL. 

1. Will he stay off the sauce?

2. Will he obey his coaches? 

3. Will he stop lying? 

4. Will he get help?

5. Can he really play Pro Football consistently? 

Many more questions.

If Denver's desperate, they can't be THAT desperate.

Just now, ColtRider said:

I'm not sure if Manziel will ever be ready to QB in the NFL. 

1. Will he stay off the sauce?

2. Will he obey his coaches? 

3. Will he stop lying? 

4. Will he get help?

5. Can he really play Pro Football consistently? 

Many more questions.

If Denver's desperate, they can't be THAT desperate.

read what i just posted seconds before u

30 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

He's got to serve a suspension anyway....but clearly Kubiak is 'checking in' to see how he's doing..

....I was just a little shocked to see this..

Maybe Manziel called Kubiak, I don't know

42 minutes ago, ColtRider said:

Thanks, bayone.

Report: Broncos won't sign Manziel, but McCown is an option at QB

Excerpt

though there remains the very real possibility that the Broncos can still swing a deal for Colin Kaepernick.

There's also a contingency plan to the contingency plan: Manziel may be out but his former teammate in Cleveland remains an option. According to Cleveland.com's Mary Kay Cabot, the Broncos would consider Josh McCown should the Kaepernick situation fall through.

McCown appears to be the odd man out in Cleveland after the team signed Robert Griffin IIIlast month, and given that they're expected to draft a quarterback early in the 2016 NFL Draft (and possibly with the No. 2 overall pick).

McCown, 36, has played for seven NFL teams. His best season came in 2013, when he replaced an injured Jay Cutler in Chicago, started five games and completed 66.5 percent of his passes with 13 touchdowns and a single interception. McCown parlayed that performance into a new contract with the Buccaneers, where things went south in a hurry. He was 1-10 in Tampa in 2014 and was released in the offseason. In eight starts last season with the Browns, McCown wasn't bad; he completed 63.7 percent of his throws with 12 touchdowns and four interceptions, and he ranked 23rd among all quarterbacks, according to Football Outsiders' passing metrics.

And he still thinks he can play at a high level.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/25546951/report-broncos-wont-sign-manziel-but-mccown-is-an-option-at-qb

2 hours ago, oldunclemark said:

Kubiak played at A&M.  He was just reaching out to him.   The broncos aren't signing him

8 minutes ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

Instead of trying to ruin your team with a worthless QB why not try trading up for one in the draft if lynch falls get him guy as a rookie will prolly look better the McCown RG3 Johnny Kaep 

If YOUR Team , refers to me let me clarify

First & foremost I have always been a colt fan since watching Unitas 

now that Peyton is gone I dont care what the Broncos do

, But I do agree with u that Lynch should be drafted for the future, I think Broncos have ideas that Kap& a great D may get them back to the SB but dont know

I have cousins in Denver that occasionally update me, but not as much as when Peyton played

Just because I post something or comment on Broncos doesnt make me a Bronco fan, but & am dumping alerts I applied when Peyton was active

3 minutes ago, bayone said:

First & foremost I have always been a colt fan since watching Unitas 

now that Peyton is gone I dont care what the Broncos do

, But I do agree with u that Lynch should be drafted for the future, I think Broncos have ideas that Kap& a great D may get them back to the SB but dont know

I have cousins in Denver that occasionally update me, but not as much as when Peyton played

Just because I post something or comment on Broncos doesnt make me a Bronco fan, but & am dumping alerts I applied when Peyton was active

Yeah same here I don't care at all I only cared about Peyton. I do really like Von Miller and hope they don't ruin his chances of winning games by signing or trading for some garbage QB tho. If they want one of those crappy QBs just trade Von Miller here so he can be on a team with a real QB again!!! haha

15 minutes ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

Yeah same here I don't care at all I only cared about Peyton. I do really like Von Miller and hope they don't ruin his chances of winning games by signing or trading for some garbage QB tho. If they want one of those crappy QBs just trade Von Miller here so he can be on a team with a real QB again!!! haha

The Colts could have a "possible" Von Miller staring them in the face with the 18th pick overall. Hope he's (RR/Alabama) there & Indy pulls the trigger on him.

44 minutes ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

ME TOO

side note , Peyton asked Madden who was a NFL analyst for over 28 years what  he thought Peyton should  do next. Madden said dont be an analyst

24 minutes ago, ColtRider said:

The Colts could have a "possible" Von Miller staring them in the face with the 18th pick overall. Hope he's (RR/Alabama) there & Indy pulls the trigger on him.

Well u name the position and this is the deepest defensive  draft in recent mermory , all positions save safty have multiple choices

The staff will have to decide do they want to finally up the defense or as its such a deep draft will they think a first round OL to protect Luck , due to his injury possibilities,  is the way to go as some one will be there on D in the second round they will still like

Next year I heard that there actually maybe a # of RBs worthy of going in the first round 

I am no expert on College players especially those a year removed from the draft process , so only go by what i read , not what i see

Regardless if it happens or not (And I don't think it will) he does fit the Broncos offense, Kubiaks staple of the offense is QB roll outs and that obviously fits Manziels skill set to a T.

There are other options still available that can fit Kubiaks offense.....Though none of the following are ideal starters:

Josh Johnson

Michael Vick

TJ Yates

But they could compete for the starting job. Broncos currently have Trevor Siemian who is mobile and fits what the Broncos do.......But the only person he would be able to challenge for even a roster spot on that list above is Johnson. Nowhere near accurate enough

7 minutes ago, Gavin said:

Regardless if it happens or not (And I don't think it will) he does fit the Broncos offense, Kubiaks staple of the offense is QB roll outs and that obviously fits Manziels skill set to a T.

There are other options still available that can fit Kubiaks offense.....Though none of the following are ideal starters:

Josh Johnson

Michael Vick

TJ Yates

But they could compete for the starting job. Broncos currently have Trevor Siemian who is mobile and fits what the Broncos do.......But the only person he would be able to challenge for even a roster spot on that list above is Johnson. Nowhere near accurate enough

Yates tore his ACL in December.   Had he not,   I'm guessing the broncos would have signed him before Sanchez 

I think they will wind up with Kaepernick and probably Paxton Lynch when its all said and done. Will probably move Sanchez or either keep him and not draft any QB. Personally, I think Kaepernick will be fine in that run first, roll out, deep passing play action offense.

12 hours ago, krunk said:

Now that Denver has cleared Cladys salary off there books that should make it easier to acquire Kaepernick.

u would think , & I ageee if Elways wiling to change his position somewhat & the below may just be gamesmanship prior to new negotiations but   , or maybe klis thinks will be better used to sign Von longer term & also help reduce cap, or the extra draft pick, giving broncos 10 may provide ammo for draft trade where once something mau not have been possible, like moving more than expected if need to get Lynch

------------------------------------------------------------

article # 2 Excerpt

The Broncos will receive the Jets 5th round pick(#157) in return for Clady and the Broncos 7th round pick(#235)

Here is the updated draft order for the Broncos:

• Round 1: Pick 31
  • Round 2: Pick 63
  • Round 3: Pick 94
  • Round 3: Pick 98 (compensatory)
  • Round 4: Pick 136 (compensatory)
  • Round 5: Pick 144 (from Baltimore in Gino Gradkowski trade)
  • Round 5: Pick 157 (from Jets in Ryan Clady trade)
  • Round 6: Pick 219 (compensatory)
  • Round 7: Pick 228 (from San Francisco in Vernon Davis trade)
  • Round 7: Pick 253

This trade clears about $8.9 million dollars according to Over The Cap and gives the Broncos around $10 million of actual cap space now.

http://www.milehighreport.com/2016/4/9/11399682/report-broncos-trade-offensive-tackle-ryan-clady-to-the-new-york-jets

--------------------------------------------------------------------

article # 1 Excerpt

acording to 9NEWS Denver's Mike Klis, the trade that sent offensive tackleRyan Clady to the New York Jets for a 5th round pick has no impact on the potential Colin Kaepernick trade.

Klis goes on to say that the trade for Kaepernick isn't dead, but currently is looking good.

The deal is not dead, but it’s not looking good. The three parties – the Broncos,49ers and Kaepernick’s agents – haven’t spoken since last week when Denver was asked if it would budge on its 2016 structure. The Broncos said they would not.

http://www.milehighreport.com/2016/4/9/11400276/report-colin-kaepernick-trade-not-dead-but-not-looking-good

1 hour ago, bayone said:

u would think , & I ageee if Elways wiling to change his position somewhat & the below may just be gamesmanship prior to new negotiations but   , or maybe klis thinks will be better used to sign Von longer term & also help reduce cap, or the extra draft pick, giving broncos 10 may provide ammo for draft trade where once something mau not have been possible, like moving more than expected if need to get Lynch

------------------------------------------------------------

article # 2 Excerpt

The Broncos will receive the Jets 5th round pick(#157) in return for Clady and the Broncos 7th round pick(#235)

Here is the updated draft order for the Broncos:

• Round 1: Pick 31
  • Round 2: Pick 63
  • Round 3: Pick 94
  • Round 3: Pick 98 (compensatory)
  • Round 4: Pick 136 (compensatory)
  • Round 5: Pick 144 (from Baltimore in Gino Gradkowski trade)
  • Round 5: Pick 157 (from Jets in Ryan Clady trade)
  • Round 6: Pick 219 (compensatory)
  • Round 7: Pick 228 (from San Francisco in Vernon Davis trade)
  • Round 7: Pick 253

This trade clears about $8.9 million dollars according to Over The Cap and gives the Broncos around $10 million of actual cap space now.

http://www.milehighreport.com/2016/4/9/11399682/report-broncos-trade-offensive-tackle-ryan-clady-to-the-new-york-jets

--------------------------------------------------------------------

article # 1 Excerpt

acording to 9NEWS Denver's Mike Klis, the trade that sent offensive tackleRyan Clady to the New York Jets for a 5th round pick has no impact on the potential Colin Kaepernick trade.

Klis goes on to say that the trade for Kaepernick isn't dead, but currently is looking good.

The deal is not dead, but it’s not looking good. The three parties – the Broncos,49ers and Kaepernick’s agents – haven’t spoken since last week when Denver was asked if it would budge on its 2016 structure. The Broncos said they would not.

http://www.milehighreport.com/2016/4/9/11400276/report-colin-kaepernick-trade-not-dead-but-not-looking-good

I'm expecting Elway will change his stance soon. Who else is he going to get that is more capable and experienced than Kaepernick? Maybe Tyrod Taylor but I dont think the Bills want to go into 2016 with a rookie as their quarterback. Not with Rex being on a bit of a short leash.

Every time Manziel's name is mentioned, you can be assured it is a slow news day and someone is desperate to fill air time (ESPN's First Take) or generate clicks (anyone who writes a story about it).  The guy is a complete bust hasn't demonstrated any value to justify his negatives.  Not even the crazy Dallas owner is going to put up with that crap much to Skip's chagrin.  (Remember Skip Bayless said Johnny should have been the #1 picks by the Texans.... what a tool).  

I think its just for publicity and a smoke screen for their fans that they are turning every stone looking for a qb.

They have won their SB and now they are just "not hungry" for another one. If they really wanted a decent qb they would have coughed up a few more million for Brock OR atleast wouldn't want Kap to take a serious pay cut.

The AFC west will belong to the Raiders & Chiefs for the next few seasons.

2 hours ago, krunk said:

I'm expecting Elway will change his stance soon. Who else is he going to get that is more capable and experienced than Kaepernick? Maybe Tyrod Taylor but I dont think the Bills want to go into 2016 with a rookie as their quarterback. Not with Rex being on a bit of a short leash.

All I  know is Elway was at the Rockies opening home game by the visiting Dugout and the crowd went nuts when Peyton Came out in a Rockies hat

Peyton Manning waved. And the crowd of 49,360 at Coors Field for the home opener went wild. Manning pointed to the Rockies cap on his head, and I immediately thought: "Hey, there's the best thrower to ever wear the interlocking 'C' and 'R' in the history of a pitching-poor franchise."

http://www.denverpost.com/kiszla/ci_29746589/kiszla-qb-paxton-lynch-is-gamble-worth-taking-broncos

Manziel apparently is living with Von Miller too I guess. But I don't see it happening. It kind of looks like they're still trying to pull another trade for a QB (Kaep most likely). Broncos could move up in the 1st round to get a QB too.

10 hours ago, pgt_rob said:

Manziel apparently is living with Von Miller too I guess. But I don't see it happening. It kind of looks like they're still trying to pull another trade for a QB (Kaep most likely). Broncos could move up in the 1st roun 

10 hours ago, pgt_rob said:

Manziel apparently is living with Von Miller too I guess. But I don't see it happening. It kind of looks like they're still trying to pull another trade for a QB (Kaep most likely). Broncos could move up in the 1st round to get a QB too.

Mike Klis  

20100929_095536_MikeKlis_CM_1__normal.jpMike Klis 

‎@MikeKlis

Talked to source close to Von Miller. Johnny Manziel is NOT living with Miller. Same city (L.A.). Not same home. #9news#9sports

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/25549551/johnny-manziel-says-he-moved-in-von-miller-addresses-broncos-rumors