Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Jeff Allen to Texans

Exodus

2 hours ago, Archer said:

Texans are loading up. 

They have signed some guys. I was high on Allen at first too.The more I looked at his injury history I really cooled on him. I was hoping to ink Harris but the Vikings just resigned him to a 1 year deal for 3M plus incentives.  

It's beginning to look like we are going to go into the draft with some big holes. Wiz hasn't signed yet that I have heard. I was hoping Wiz and Harris maybe we can swing Wiz and Brooks. 

Temnessee has done a some things too. 

3 hours ago, DougDew said:

Just curious.  Over the past three years, which FA interior Olineman has actually been worth the money...compared to the many who haven't.

No doubt the high priced FA guards have been almost all bad signings.

11 minutes ago, dw49 said:

No doubt the high priced FA guards have been almost all bad signings.

Louis Vasquez was a good signing by the Broncos a few years ago....now that he is a free agent again I'm not so sure though. I think they ran that tank dry...he played inside AND outside when they needed him to.

4 hours ago, dgambill said:

Louis Vasquez was a good signing by the Broncos a few years ago....now that he is a free agent again I'm not so sure though. I think they ran that tank dry...he played inside AND outside when they needed him to.

Yeah he did a good job. If I remember the prize of the guards that year was  Levitre from Buffalo. He signed for a record amount and busted out pretty good

7 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

7 mill for a guard and WE'RE so stupid?

You do realize there IS a salary cap --- right?

Yeah. But we do have enough room to sign a couple players man. And the way I see it. We have a major need at Guard. So it would be well worth it to spend 7 million on a good one to finally fix the problem.

Just now, COLTS449 said:

Yeah. But we do have enough room to sign a couple players man. And the way I see it. We have a major need at Guard. So it would be well worth it to spend 7 million on a good one to finally fix the problem.

For whatever it's worth,  in the 4 years of Grigson's tenure, the most $$$ we've ever spent on a guard is.....

$3.5 MIll for Donald Thomas.     Now, I'm expecting that to change in a few years when Mewhort is up for his 2nd contract......

But I don't have a problem getting beat out for an expensive guard....     that's the nature of free agency.

5 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

For whatever it's worth,  in the 4 years of Grigson's tenure, the most $$$ we've ever spent on a guard is.....

$3.5 MIll for Donald Thomas.     Now, I'm expecting that to change in a few years when Mewhort is up for his 2nd contract......

But I don't have a problem getting beat out for an expensive guard....     that's the nature of free agency.

Yeah. That's the problem. Or part of it. The other part is the fact he's only drafted one good offensive lineman in those 4 years.

1 minute ago, COLTS449 said:

Yeah. That's the problem. Or part of it. The other part is the fact he's only drafted one good offensive lineman in those 4 years.

Yup......

If Holmes and Thornton had worked out like we all expected,  the Colts wouldn't be in this problem.....

Hugely disappointing......

The Texans fans probably dislike the Colts more then ever the Ravens fans and that "dislike" is showing. I love it, the fans here suffer each year and both games almost every season show how much agony they suffer when they lose to the Colts. I think things are going to get real interesting the  AFC South. No more one sided, boring games. Competition is good. For their sake I hope Brock is not a bust, if he is despair will rule their future.