Cap Space: $27.6 Million

Cuts: Andre Johnson- Save 5 Million

Trent Cole- Save 6.125 Million

D'Qwell Jackson- Save 5.25 Million

Björn Werner- Save 1.48 Million

Cap Space- $48.1 Million

Re-signings:

Dwayne Allen- 3 years 12 million

- In my opinion we just need to resign the tight end that cost less. I don't believe either are anything special and neither will make too much of an impact next season.

Jerrell Freeman- 4 years 25 million

- We need to resign him. Simple as that.

Colt Anderson- 2 years 2 million

- Special teams depth

Dwight Lowery- 2 years 4 million

- I would definitely make it a competition between Lowery and Geathers for the starting job but we need a backup safety regardless and it would help to have one with experience.

Adam Vinatieri- 2 years 5 million

-Keep him around until he wants to go. He may ask for more money.

Cap Space: $32.35 Million

Free Agency:

Damon Harrison, NT- 4 years 25 million

- Even with David Perry's great play it seems like Pagano wants an upgrade and it is always good to improve the lines. This gives Harrison the most money in the league for a nose tackle.

Casey Hayward, CB- 4 years 30 million

- I think if we go after a cornerback in free agency, this will be the guy we sign. I don't think he played that well on the outside, but he will definitely be available as the Packers have 3 good corners and I believe the Rams will resign both of their corners with the cap space they have.

Jeff Allen, OG- 4 years 16 million

- I think we only go after a smaller name target in free agency on the offense line market and save other spots for the draft.

Donald Thomas, OG 1 year 850,000 thousand

-I'm in favor for giving him another chance to compete in camp.

Cap Space: $13.75 Million

Draft Picks

1st Round- Noah Spence, DE/OLB, Eastern Kentucky

2nd Round- Ryan Kelly, C, Alabama 

3rd Round- William Jackson, CB, Houston

4th Round- Joe Dahl, OT, Washington State

5th Round- Jonathan Williams, RB, Arkansas

7th Round- Curt Maggitt, DE/OLB, Tennessee

Way to low on Jeff Allen and Damon Harrison for sure.  Harrison is looking for over 10mil/year.  With bringing in Jeff Allen I would not draft Joe Dahl IMO I would go with a dline or rush guy there.  Other then that I like this draft.  Also, I would much rather have Allen but it is a gamble since he is often injured.

7 minutes ago, DaColts85 said:

Way to low on Jeff Allen and Damon Harrison for sure.  Harrison is looking for over 10mil/year.  With bringing in Jeff Allen I would not draft Joe Dahl IMO I would go with a dline or rush guy there.  Other then that I like this draft.  Also, I would much rather have Allen but it is a gamble since he is often injured.

I need to see the link for Harrison getting 10 million. If he wants that then no way. The highest nose tackle is making 4.5 million. I've looked around and seen that people expect him to get 4-5 so I gave him over 6.

17 minutes ago, Bluefire4 said:

I need to see the link for Harrison getting 10 million. If he wants that then no way. The highest nose tackle is making 4.5 million. I've looked around and seen that people expect him to get 4-5 so I gave him over 6.

If you don't think Heyward is that great on the outside who do you have being there?  Are you projecting Djoun out there or are you planning on starting Will Jackson III out there?  I like Will Jackson quite a bit by the way, although I'd rather have a vet out there on the edges.

1 hour ago, Bluefire4 said:

Here is a link t o two articles but they hold little weight IMO.

http://www.windycitygridiron.com/2016/2/12/10976124/chicago-bears-free-agency-targets-new-york-jets-damon-harrison 

http://www.ganggreennation.com/2016/1/12/10753886/jets-offseason-moves-damon-harrison-might-be-difficult-to-re-sign?_ga=1.249972485.2008502062.1456262098 

1 hour ago, krunk said:

If you don't think Heyward is that great on the outside who do you have being there?  Are you projecting Djoun out there or are you planning on starting Will Jackson III out there?  I like Will Jackson quite a bit by the way, although I'd rather have a vet out there on the edges.

I tried to base this mock over who would available combined with my personal preference. While in my opinion Hayward is average at best right now, I think Jenkins, Johnson, Smith and other corners will re-sign with their teams leaving us with Hayward. I have friends who are Packers fans that swear Hayward is good on the outside but I didn't see it. Hopefully he proves me wrong if we sign him.

26 minutes ago, Black0ut117 said:

Who do you have starting next to Freeman? Sio or someone else?

Nate Irving as of right now. This along with wide receiver depth were my concerns with this mock. It didn't seem like Chuck had much faith in Sio or Irving but hopefully it was due to Irving's injuries which should be healed by now. I have Herrera and Sylvestre behind them but worried about their inexperience.

41 minutes ago, DaColts85 said:

This does prove that he is looking for big money. I still don't believe he will get what he is asking for. He's not a 4-3 defense tackle so he shouldn't be making Geno Atkins money. I think he may get to 7 but that is it. If another team gives him more than so be it. 

Just in case people didn't know the highest salary 3-4 nose tackles are Vince Wilfork and Terrence Knighton who both made around 4.5 million in 2015.

15 minutes ago, Bluefire4 said:

I tried to base this mock over who would available combined with my personal preference. While in my opinion Hayward is average at best right now, I think Jenkins, Johnson, Smith and other corners will re-sign with their teams leaving us with Hayward. I have friends who are Packers fans that swear Hayward is good on the outside but I didn't see it. Hopefully he proves me wrong if we sign him.

I don't know about that when it comes to Sean Smith because you have Gaines and Peters, plus you can go and draft another young corner with a high pick.  I think they have a good shot to let him go.

Why resign Allen over Fleener? Allen was a ghost last year. Also, I think you may be understating some contracts Harrison and Hayward are in for much bigger paydays than that. I love William Jackson but doubt he'll be available in the 3rd. 

I absolutely love Spence though. Would be a tremendous pick, I am scared his value is gonna sky rocket in the pre draft process though and we'd have to trade up for him. Overall, decent Off-season. I'd be happy with it.

2 hours ago, krunk said:

I don't know about that when it comes to Sean Smith because you have Gaines and Peters, plus you can go and draft another young corner with a high pick.  I think they have a good shot to let him go.

There may be a chance but I would think they'd want a veteran corner on the team. If they do let him go we may have a good shot at getting him with Vontae influencing him but I just don't think he's leaving at the moment.

Too much money for Freeman. He is getting older, and I don't think Indy will have to overpay to keep him since he will be 30 when the season starts.

Way too much money for Casey Hayward. He is strictly a nickel corner.

I agree with the TE situation. I don't think Fleener is anything special either, and Allen should be cheaper to keep. He just hasn't been used right and now that Chud is taking over full time now, hopefully he uses him more in the passing game.

I don't think Indy needs to resign Dwight Lowery or Donald Thomas. Lowery should be replaced by Geathers at this point, and Thomas cannot stay healthy at all.

Like your first 3 picks in the draft though, other than maybe Kelly.  Getting CB William Jackson in the 3rd would be a steal.

One thing I might like to change is not signing Damon Harrison and rather use that money to sign RT Mitchel Schwartz. Then the OL is set with Castonzo, Mewhort, Holmes, Allen, and Schwartz. I still think Holmes could be given another shot since they seem to be switching to a zone blocking scheme. Then in the draft select the best available DT in round 2. Someone like Vernon Butler.

2 hours ago, RealityIsLuck said:

Why resign Allen over Fleener? Allen was a ghost last year. Also, I think you may be understating some contracts Harrison and Hayward are in for much bigger paydays than that. I love William Jackson but doubt he'll be available in the 3rd. 

I absolutely love Spence though. Would be a tremendous pick, I am scared his value is gonna sky rocket in the pre draft process though and we'd have to trade up for him. Overall, decent Off-season. I'd be happy with it.

I just don't like Fleener and think Allen can have a bounce back year with an injury free offseason and he does more. Fleener is just too soft for me and he doesn't show up a good portion of the time either.

3 minutes ago, BProland85 said:

Too much money for Freeman. He is getting older, and I don't think Indy will have to overpay to keep him since he will be 30 when the season starts.

Way too much money for Casey Hayward. He is strictly a nickel corner.

I agree with the TE situation. I don't think Fleener is anything special either, and Allen should be cheaper to keep. He just hasn't been used right and now that Chud is taking over full time now, hopefully he uses him more in the passing game.

I don't think Indy needs to resign Dwight Lowery or Donald Thomas. Lowery should be replaced by Geathers at this point, and Thomas cannot stay healthy at all.

Like your first 3 picks in the draft though, other than maybe Kelly.  Getting CB William Jackson in the 3rd would be a steal.

One thing I might like to change is not signing Damon Harrison and rather use that money to sign RT Mitchel Schwartz. Then the OL is set with Castonzo, Mewhort, Holmes, Allen, and Schwartz. I still think Holmes could be given another shot since they seem to be switching to a zone blocking scheme. Then in the draft select the best available DT in round 2. Someone like Vernon Butler.

I can accept everything you said expect for the Freeman part. Regardless of his age he played his best season last year. If he gets less than six million from a team I would be very surprised.

Great Job!   Here are a few of my thoughts.  I would be surprised if they cut Jackson, maybe a restructure.   I could see a new contract for A. Jones or a cut if he refuses.  I like all of the re-signings. I wouldn't be surprised if they give it to Geathers  instead of resigning Lowery.  I love the Harrison signing and a OL signing, not sure who it would be.  Really not interested in Thomas but you never know. .  I would like Irvin over Hayward instead of drafting Spence.  I don't want to take a chance on his issues.  The pick is too important.  They could give Smith a shot at corner.  He was a third rounder or draft another corner to compete.  I would take Elliot in the first if he is there.  He is too highly rated to pass up if available.  I know that pick is not popular.  If Elliot is gone then Kelly in the first.  If Elliot is there then a center, hopefully Kelly, in the second if he drops.   Whoever it is they should   start right away.  We need a center!  There is no draft pick that is a sure thing.  Many flame out. It's a crap shoot.  Young solid veterans looking for their second contract who have proved themselves in the NFL are a better bet.  I am also not ruling out the possibility of them again trading the first or second pick  for a premier young solid veteran.  Again, great job!

3 hours ago, Bluefire4 said:

I just don't like Fleener and think Allen can have a bounce back year with an injury free offseason and he does more. Fleener is just too soft for me and he doesn't show up a good portion of the time either.

I don't mean to sound rude saying this, but: what exactly makes you think Allen will actually stay healthy? He hasn't played in every game in a season since his rookie year, and he was a complete non-factor last year. Even if Allen didn't have the health problems, I'd still rather go with Fleener. He's a much better receiver than Allen, and has improved his blocking greatly in the last year. Allen's blocking ability is much more easily replaced by Doyle than Fleener's receiving. When you combine Fleener's health with his hard to replace skillset, he seems like the obvious choice to me, but that's just my opinion.

9 hours ago, MasterCrief said:

I don't mean to sound rude saying this, but: what exactly makes you think Allen will actually stay healthy? He hasn't played in every game in a season since his rookie year, and he was a complete non-factor last year. Even if Allen didn't have the health problems, I'd still rather go with Fleener. He's a much better receiver than Allen, and has improved his blocking greatly in the last year. Allen's blocking ability is much more easily replaced by Doyle than Fleener's receiving. When you combine Fleener's health with his hard to replace skillset, he seems like the obvious choice to me, but that's just my opinion.

I  agree that Allen can't really stay healthy and that would be a concern for me as well, but no way Fleener is a better receiver IMO.  Allen has better hands and just is all around better with every part of the position IMO.  Fleener has had so many big drops it is funny.  And last year Fleener was still getting targets because everyone knows he cannot block anything.  So to help the line you use your better blocking TE, which then takes them out of the receiving game.  I like Doyle though and think he could become our best option.

I have been high on Allen as well but his injury history has me rethinking him in FA. It sounds like he wants out of KC. I think he was a healthy scratch a couple of games before he came back this year. I'm leaning more toward Brooks now. I think they are high on Good both Irsay and Grig's seemed sincere when talking about his future a T would surprise me. I could see a C and G. 

There is no way we should give Holmes another chance, He sucks and he is a huge injury risk. He's made it to week one once in his career that was this year. C is the weakest position on the roster. 

FA IMO has to include a C and a CB. If we are going to draft a C it should not be in the 2nd round and no way the 1st. That is just crazy. If we draft one we should sign a vet to bridge it. We can't keep screwing up the point of attack and expect the OL to improve you can put who you want around him if the C is getting blown up regularly it's a big problem. I would sign Davis or Wiz. I know some don't like Wiz. He's 26 and good. I think you would be shocked how much a good C would improve the OL. 

I'm would not spend the money on Harrison. I would take Billings in the 1st or Johnson in the 2nd. We will need all the money we can to bring a #2 CB in. I like what you did sign one and draft one. I think Heyward could hold down the outside. If one of the young guys could eventually take over and Hayward goes to the slot we would be very solid at CB. There is value at CB all day long day 3, IMO. 

The draft Spence is gone before we pick I wouldn't not spend a 2nd on Kelly or draft a RB. I hope we get a C and G in FA and focus on the D in the draft. We need to get an edge rusher uograde NT early and a CB or S would be nice. I am looking at Sims S Utah at CB day 3 or Xavier Howard in the 2nd.,I think Billings will be a stud. I hope Ochi is there in the 3rd. We will have a better idea where he goes after the combine 

19 hours ago, Bluefire4 said:

Cap Space: $27.6 Million

Cuts: Andre Johnson- Save 5 Million

Trent Cole- Save 6.125 Million

D'Qwell Jackson- Save 5.25 Million

Björn Werner- Save 1.48 Million

Cap Space- $48.1 Million

Re-signings:

Dwayne Allen- 3 years 12 million

- In my opinion we just need to resign the tight end that cost less. I don't believe either are anything special and neither will make too much of an impact next season.

Jerrell Freeman- 4 years 25 million

- We need to resign him. Simple as that.

Colt Anderson- 2 years 2 million

- Special teams depth

Dwight Lowery- 2 years 4 million

- I would definitely make it a competition between Lowery and Geathers for the starting job but we need a backup safety regardless and it would help to have one with experience.

Adam Vinatieri- 2 years 5 million

-Keep him around until he wants to go. He may ask for more money.

Cap Space: $32.35 Million

Free Agency:

Damon Harrison, NT- 4 years 25 million

- Even with David Perry's great play it seems like Pagano wants an upgrade and it is always good to improve the lines. This gives Harrison the most money in the league for a nose tackle.

Casey Hayward, CB- 4 years 30 million

- I think if we go after a cornerback in free agency, this will be the guy we sign. I don't think he played that well on the outside, but he will definitely be available as the Packers have 3 good corners and I believe the Rams will resign both of their corners with the cap space they have.

Jeff Allen, OG- 4 years 16 million

- I think we only go after a smaller name target in free agency on the offense line market and save other spots for the draft.

Donald Thomas, OG 1 year 850,000 thousand

-I'm in favor for giving him another chance to compete in camp.

Cap Space: $13.75 Million

Draft Picks

1st Round- Noah Spence, DE/OLB, Eastern Kentucky

2nd Round- Ryan Kelly, C, Alabama 

3rd Round- William Jackson, CB, Houston

4th Round- Joe Dahl, OT, Washington State

5th Round- Jonathan Williams, RB, Arkansas

7th Round- Curt Maggitt, DE/OLB, Tennessee

I think that FA guard option is probably going to fall between Jeff Allen or Brandon Brooks.  They are both young so if you are going to give the long contract to somebody it makes sense to give it to one of the young talents.   And I've mentioned before I am skeptical we will get Osemele.

I like some of the quotes Jeff Allen has in this article.  It plays right into what Irsay said about how protecting Peyton Manning was the pride of the building.  Allen seems to be of that same mindset.

http://www.kansascity.com/sports/nfl/kansas-city-chiefs/article43598085.html

But what came next late in the second half of the Chiefs’ 45-10 win over the Detroit Lions in London was a new occurrence. When Lions defensive end Ziggy Ansah shoved Smith after the play, offensive lineman Jeff Allen immediately rushed to Smith’s defense.

Allen, a mild-mannered sort for most of his career, grabbed Ansah, pointed his finger and jawed at him. And when Lions defensive end Jason Jones gave him a quick one-handed shove, Allen pushed back and was whistled for a personal-foul penalty.

“Just got a little heated, got to give him a little shove after the play,” said Allen, who declined to get into specifics about what he said. “I didn’t appreciate it, so I just gave him a few words. Probably should have kept my cool a little bit.”

Maybe. But the penalty was moot. Only 32 seconds remained in the half, and the Chiefs led 24-3 at that point. If there was a time to sacrifice some yards for the greater good — to defend your guy — that was it.

“It’s part of the game,” Allen said. “Our job is to protect our QB. I was just standing up for him.”

11 hours ago, MasterCrief said:

I think Fleener has the skill set and all the measurables but he'll never be a Gronk type player no matter his size. He is too soft and drops too many easy balls. I think he will command top 5 tight end money and he's not worth it.

6 hours ago, DaColts85 said:

I  agree that Allen can't really stay healthy and that would be a concern for me as well, but no way Fleener is a better receiver IMO.  Allen has better hands and just is all around better with every part of the position IMO.  Fleener has had so many big drops it is funny.  And last year Fleener was still getting targets because everyone knows he cannot block anything.  So to help the line you use your better blocking TE, which then takes them out of the receiving game.  I like Doyle though and think he could become our best option.

Let's drop the ridiculous notion that Fleener has a ton of drops. He had a couple bad ones in 2014, but he had 3 drops on 84 targets last year (http://www.sportingcharts.com/nfl/stats/drops/2015/), which is good for a 3.6% drop rate. That rate is better than some of the top receivers in the league, like: Brandon Marshall (5.8%), Demaryious Thomas (5.1%), Alshon Jeffery (4.3%), and Mike Evans (7.4%). If Aleen was really a better receiver, the coaching staff would've found a way to get him running routes. Since they didn't, they must not see the value that you seem to think he has.

Coby will likely never be a great blocker, but that's not what we're asking him to do. He's a receiving threat, and if we need a TE to come in and block, Doyle would be a much cheaper option.

19 minutes ago, MasterCrief said:

Let's drop the ridiculous notion that Fleener has a ton of drops. He had a couple bad ones in 2014, but he had 3 drops on 84 targets last year (http://www.sportingcharts.com/nfl/stats/drops/2015/), which is good for a 3.6% drop rate. That rate is better than some of the top receivers in the league, like: Brandon Marshall (5.8%), Demaryious Thomas (5.1%), Alshon Jeffery (4.3%), and Mike Evans (7.4%). If Aleen was really a better receiver, the coaching staff would've found a way to get him running routes. Since they didn't, they must not see the value that you seem to think he has.

Coby will likely never be a great blocker, but that's not what we're asking him to do. He's a receiving threat, and if we need a TE to come in and block, Doyle would be a much cheaper option.

Allen didn't have the luxury of running routes in a Pep Hamilton led offense. He was used as a 6th blocker to help keep the QBs alive, and open running lanes plain and simple. We got to see what Allen can do in a pass catching role while playing under Arians his first year in the league. So to imply that Allen's value to the passing game is much lower than Fleeners is wrong IMO. Also I believe he had 8 touchdowns in 2014 along with Fleener so really in the redzone they are pretty much equals. Where the difference really stands out is in blocking. Allen is the better blocker, and it isn't even close. Fleener has gotten better, but most likely will never develop to be the blocker that Allen is. Allen is easily the most well balanced of the two.

Fleener was the player that had more potential coming out of college, but has yet to live up to it IMO. He is bullied at the line of scrimmage, fails to get open reliably, and goes down on first contact. Really the only argument he has over Allen is his health IMO. He hasn't missed a game since his rookie season, and that is the reason the Colts might choose to resign him.

5 minutes ago, SDakColts said:

Allen didn't have the luxury of running routes in a Pep Hamilton led offense. He was used as a 6th blocker to help keep the QBs alive, and open running lanes plain and simple. We got to see what Allen can do in a pass catching role while playing under Arians his first year in the league. So to imply that Allen's value to the passing game is much lower than Fleeners is wrong IMO. Also I believe he had 8 touchdowns in 2014 along with Fleener so really in the redzone they are pretty much equals. Where the difference really stands out is in blocking. Allen is the better blocker, and it isn't even close. Fleener has gotten better, but most likely will never develop to be the blocker that Allen is. Allen is easily the most well balanced of the two.

Fleener was the player that had more potential coming out of college, but has yet to live up to it IMO. He is bullied at the line of scrimmage, fails to get open reliably, and goes down on first contact. Really the only argument he has over Allen is his health IMO. He hasn't missed a game since his rookie season, and that is the reason the Colts might choose to resign him.

Could not agree more!

7 hours ago, krunk said:

I like some of the quotes Jeff Allen has in this article.  It plays right into what Irsay said about how protecting Peyton Manning was the pride of the building.  Allen seems to be of that same mindset.

http://www.kansascity.com/sports/nfl/kansas-city-chiefs/article43598085.html

But what came next late in the second half of the Chiefs’ 45-10 win over the Detroit Lions in London was a new occurrence. When Lions defensive end Ziggy Ansah shoved Smith after the play, offensive lineman Jeff Allen immediately rushed to Smith’s defense.

Allen, a mild-mannered sort for most of his career, grabbed Ansah, pointed his finger and jawed at him. And when Lions defensive end Jason Jones gave him a quick one-handed shove, Allen pushed back and was whistled for a personal-foul penalty.

“Just got a little heated, got to give him a little shove after the play,” said Allen, who declined to get into specifics about what he said. “I didn’t appreciate it, so I just gave him a few words. Probably should have kept my cool a little bit.”

Maybe. But the penalty was moot. Only 32 seconds remained in the half, and the Chiefs led 24-3 at that point. If there was a time to sacrifice some yards for the greater good — to defend your guy — that was it.

“It’s part of the game,” Allen said. “Our job is to protect our QB. I was just standing up for him.”

I agree. I wouldn't have minded if Mike McGlynn had dove at Suh's legs on purpose 4 years ago, break it on purpose during the Lions game.