Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

11 minutes ago, jim scheurich said:

I was just browsing the colts web, and saw the mock draft from various entities. I couldn't help but notice that Elliot, the ohio state university r. b. was listed as a potential 1st round draft. Cant run the ball without a line, doesn't anyone get it?

Yeah the line isn't great by any means but apparently PFF and other media outlets have stated it wasn't as horrendous as many fans make it sound.  Once Lance Louis and Tod were out of he mix it seemed better, they were penalized a bunch which doesn't help but Gore almost had 1000 yards at the same time.

I think they definitely need some upgrades for sure but it seems like more people would get upset about taking Elliot in the first due to the philosophy of just simply not taking RBs in the first round vs a bad OL.  Who knows what Grigson and co will do, lol.  

RB is a position of need.  Since the position is so devalued no one thinks taking a RB at one is smart.  And Trent sure soured us.

I admit I'm a homer, but Zeke is special.  He has it all.  Imagine him and Gore for a year and then about eight more with he being Andrews Edge.

i won't be upset if we go elsewhere but to think we can get a quality starter drafting RBs in the sixth round is senseless.

Im one of the ones who wouldn't mind Elliot in the 1st. 

RB or OL would be the only picks I would be happy with for the 1st round. 

No doubt Gore can hold his own but he took a beating this season and will need help this year. Colts need a RB besides for to contribute in the present and in the future. 

O line is the most obvious need though. I think there are quality O lineman usually in the 2nd and 3rd rounds also.

I think Elliot should be our 1st rd. pick.  There is one scouting service that compares players to current and prior NFL players.  Elliot was compared to EDGE!  I really hope we find a way to get him.  I think we are going to address the OL in free agency and the draft.  We need an every down back and Elliot is the complete package. This is our chance to complete the triplets.  Jim, Ryan and Chuck please take him!

O-Line must be addressed in the 1st.  For people to start getting warm all the sudden with our O-line is just wrong.

Adj. Sack rate of 6.1%

Run blocking rank: 27th

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/ol

And this one is really bad.  QB completion % which factors in hurries, pressures, hits, sacks (Last in league 32nd)

http://www.sportingcharts.com/nfl/stats/team-completion-percentage/2015/

24 minutes ago, chrisfarley said:

O-Line must be addressed in the 1st.  For people to start getting warm all the sudden with our O-line is just wrong.

Adj. Sack rate of 6.1%

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/ol

Run blocking rank: 27th

There are several good O-linemen hittIng free agency this yr, Id like for Grigson to fish In that pond for O-line and go after pass rush In the 1st round personally. But It defInatly needs addressed you are right.

1 minute ago, jchandler7 said:

There are several good O-linemen hittIng free agency this yr, Id like for Grigson to fish In that pond for O-line and go after pass rush In the 1st round personally. But It defInatly needs addressed you are right.

Dead last in qb comp. % 32nd   (i agree we need pass rushers but we can't survive w/o luck)

3 hours ago, chrisfarley said:

Dead. last in qb comp. % 32nd   (i ag ree we need pass rushers but we can't survive w/o luck)

Im not arguing the fact that we need o-line. But It takes awhile to develop o-linemen and Osemele, Boone, Foster, etc. would help our line from day 1. 

5 hours ago, indyspeed13 said:

either OL or OLB 1st rd hopefully find a decent rb in the 2nd rd

5 hours ago, jbaron04 said:

I wouldn't even loak the rb till 3rd or so lol gore has another 2 good years in him 

I wouldnt think about RB until next year!

Almost every level of our D needs an injection of talent and our interior right side of the OL needs some serious work too.... Gore still has some legs and an improved O - line would go a long way towards making our RB position look much much less like a need.

The only way I would even consider drafting a RB this year is if something insane like Elliott dropped into the 3rd and we had the opportunity to snag him... which just wouldnt happen....

8 hours ago, Chucklez said:

I wouldnt think about RB until next year!

Almost every level of our D needs an injection of talent and our interior right side of the OL needs some serious work too.... Gore still has some legs and an improved O - line would go a long way towards making our RB position look much much less like a need.

The only way I would even consider drafting a RB this year is if something insane like Elliott dropped into the 3rd and we had the opportunity to snag him... which just wouldnt happen....

I agree 100% with every thing you just said. We need a c/rg/rt. Unless denzelle good can be serviceable resign fleener and the off is set and every other effort should be made to improve def with young talent 

I think it's a good idea to get someone like Ezekelle, i heard he's a beast multipurpose back.  Oline will fix itself with a year under their belt and a new coordinator will help mold it to an adequate oline.  Get an impact player on the running game, and then build a monster on the defensive side.  Trust me this will get th;em to the next level, especially with some new set of eyes that we picked up in the coaches ranks.  

We can get a good back like Booker, Collins, or Perkins in the 3rd round. But I don't think we should draft a RB in the 1st. The only way drafting Elliott in the 1st would be a good thing is if we somehow manage to sign Von Miller, Sean Smith, and Kelechi Osemele, and I somehow doubt we pull that off lol.