Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2 out of four gifts for Colts fans

indyagent17

5 minutes ago, buccolts said:

Oh, it's easy to comprehend, but you shouldn't pretend that everyone feels that way, because they don't.

JCPatriot is correct in that, beyond the Colts winning, we part ways..........though I'd suspect the vast majority, or even all, want the Pats out, asap, or in humiliating fashion.

To me? I want the Cards to destroy either AFC team. 

Love Peyton, and would love to see him win another SB............with the Colts.

Same mostly. I don't mind the patriots in another super bowl as long as they lose to another scrappy defense based NFC team (both the cards and panthers fit this bill). Elway having nothing is best case scenario to me.

Also on a personal note, Carolina fans are trash. Last night at work was hell, the % talking that was done about Fitz and Palmer (literally laughing and calling Palmer a "trash QB") was reprehensible. The same people who didn't even know who Luke Kuechley was last year. Talk is already starting down here about whether they would rather face New England or Denver in the superbowl, as they view it as a foregone conclusion the Cardinals are going to roll over.

I hope they win and I get my tax return back soon enough to get a Fitz jersey to rub it in their smug faces. Wouldn't mind owning a Fitz jersey anyways, one of my favorite non-Colts all time.

5 minutes ago, Luck12-to-Hilton13 said:

Oh didn't see that game in particular. I was only 2 years old at that time. 

I was a wee lad of 5 myself, but my dad made sure I grew up knowing what was up. Before Tom Brady was ever a thing, it was "# the steelers". Probably didn't help that we were the Texans to their Colts in that particular rivaly. Before it's retirement, the Colts were an impressive 0-11 at Three Rivers Stadium. Manning wouldn't break the winless streak at Pittsburgh (dating back to 1968) until 2008 at Heinz Field, 24-20.

I will without a doubt root for anyone not a Patriot.  Therefore, I hope Denver is able to stay with the game plan of pounding the ball.  You could see the Steelers wearing down and if the Denver D can coral Brady to any extent, it will work again.  At any rate, any combination of events that reduces or eliminates the Patriots chances at a Superbowl 50 win is welcome.  The NFC has two very strong contenders.  GO ANYONE NOT PATS!

5 minutes ago, coltsfeva said:

Two facial expressions I want to see: Brady's, when he knows his season is over and Peyton's, when he lifts the Lombardy trophy.

It would be short lived as Elway would rip it out of his hands. I'm almost 90% certain he only signed Peyton so he could relieve his "going out on top" moment again vicariously through him. He's enough of an ego maniac to do it too.*

*This post is speculation based on extreme bias.

You people saying I don't want Peyton to win?? So I guess you just want the Pats and Steelers fans to continue to call him an overrated choker and want Eli to even have more rings than Peyton? You guys aren't much into history are you. I could give a 2 rats behind about Elway he isn't even playing anymore, yes he is the GM of the Broncos but Peyton is the one playing QB so if Denver wins he will get the credit.

12 hours ago, JCPatriot said:

I just don't see the connection.  Colts fans love the Colts winning titles.  Aside from that, I would think that we all have our own individual opinions regarding other teams.

we hate the steelers because our record is horrible against them.  worse than the patriots actually.  #neverforget 1995 and 2005 afc champ games

we like denver for obvious reasons...

people in general hate the seahawks for being the biggest collection of ***** to set foot on an nfl field, and for having a terrible/bandwagon fan base.  (and for not running it)

i'm neutral towards the panthers, but rooting for them because of who they played

52 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

He will always be remembered as a Colt. Wining 1 SB with Denver wont change that.

Just like he'll always be remembered as one of the greatest to every play regardless of whether he wins or not. Elway not having his smug "look at me" moments Is far more important to me personally.

8 minutes ago, SkyBane said:

Just like he'll always be remembered as one of the greatest to every play regardless of whether he wins or not. Elway not having his smug "look at me" moments Is far more important to me personally.

Yeah, I don't really like the Broncos and I don't care for Elway. 

Peyton Manning reminds me very much of an aging Johnny Unitas in the 1970 season . He had Earl Morrall behind him like Manning has Osweiler. 

With Peyton playing 14 years with the Colts, and 4 with Denver, obviously the bulk of his work was with the Colts. That being said, he has had a good run with Denver and has a shot at a second SB appearance. In 2012, they were definitely the best overall team in the league, but they got tripped up by the Ravens, who finally evened the score with Elway, for his dissing of Baltimore, and the Colts. 

One thing I thought about are Irsay's comments about only winning one SB with Manning. Well , as we've seen in Denver, his career and era wasn't quite over after the 2011 season. He may have won another SB with the Colts, but I certainly understand the move to Luck in the long term. That was a very unique situation, that in the short term , greatly benefitted Denver who were dead in the water with Tebow.  

1 hour ago, jvan1973 said:

He will be remembered as a Colt no matter what he does in Denver

While, yes, he will always be remembered as a Colt, since he spent 14 of his years here, I don't want him to match his accomplishments with the Broncos. Even if he goes to the Super Bowl and loses, he will have matched what he did here. He will be remembered as both, but I want his best times here... 

And I don't like the Broncos... 

I was hoping they lost against the Steelers but their running back just had to fumble the ball. 

4 minutes ago, Tsarquise said:

While, yes, he will always be remembered as a Colt, since he spent 14 of his years here, I don't want him to match his accomplishments with the Broncos. Even if he goes to the Super Bowl and loses, he will have matched what he did here. He will be remembered as both, but I want his best times here... 

And I don't like the Broncos... 

I was hoping they lost against the Steelers but their running back just had to fumble the ball. 

Toussaint is definitely the pig of the hour. That fumble completely changes that game in an instant. It was a gift to a Broncos offense that had been dead in the water for an entire game, and took points off the board for Pitt. The Broncos didn't deserve to win that game the way they played, and the fact they did irks me.

18 minutes ago, SkyBane said:

Toussaint is definitely the pig of the hour. That fumble completely changes that game in an instant. It was a gift to a Broncos offense that had been dead in the water for an entire game, and took points off the board for Pitt. The Broncos didn't deserve to win that game the way they played, and the fact they did irks me.

I feel like most of Denver's wins have been travesties this season. I can't believe they're the number one seed when their offense has been so inept all season. 

I don't want to see Manning triumph over the Patriots, when he barely did it here, just so people can say that the Colts held Manning back and say how much of a genius Elway is. With that being said, I expect the Patriots to completely eviscerate the Broncos; and I won't shed a tear. 

1 minute ago, Tsarquise said:

I feel like most of Denver's wins have been travesties this season. I can't believe they're the number one seed when their offense has been so inept all season. 

I don't want to see Manning triumph over the Patriots, when he barely did it here, just so people can say that the Colts held Manning back and say how much of a genius Elway is. With that being said I expect the Patriots to completely eviscerate the Broncos; and I won't shed a tear. 

And don't think Elway wouldn't be out in front of all that ready and willing to take full credit for the roster he slapped together and put his old backup QB in charge of. And Denver fans will eat it up too, not like any of them ever appreciated Manning and what he brought to their roster anyways. Then again Broncos fans are largely just the John Elway fanclub, when everyone with half a brain knows that the people truly responsible for those super bowl Bronco teams were Mike Shanahan and Terrell Davis. You'll never see Elway give them any of the credit they're due though.

By the Gods do I hate the Broncos.

9 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Peyton is my favorite player of all-time but if Denver was playing the Colts I would root for the Colts. I was a Colts fan before we even got Peyton. When we beat them last season in the Playoffs that was very enjoyable. That was a huge win for Andrew.

grew up loving Unitas & thats why I am a colt fan , that scrawny kid may very well be the best ever and was tough as nails, break nose, Mackey stuffs up mud into nostril trying unsuccessfully to stop blood flow, Unitas never leaves game and drives downfield and throws a TD

Favorite memorabilia slightly  over PM signed SB XLI signed and inscribed football, is Unitas signed and inscribed, # 137 of 500- 47 consecutive TD games , and he had to do it over 5 years in with those years with short seasons & while often injured top levelk todqy would leave the game,  to me is far harder thanBrees / Brady  breaking it in today's pass happy times, Brady may have been a late round steal, but pickling up a guy from sandlot making about $9 a game is really a steal

I'll pose this scenario. Why would any Celtics fan root against the Lakers or a Lakers fan root against the Celtics in a given season when one has a chance to win another Title? Why should it matter? They are in different Conferences too. It's called having bragging rights for what team you like to answer that. I just cant see how people cant see rooting for the Pats or Steelers being a Colts fan isn't wrong. Oh well, everyone has their own likes and opinions so  it is what it is. Unless it helps the Colts in some way I would never root for the Pats or Steelers. Andrew Luck and Russell Wilson are being constantly compared too and I want to see my QB have a better career so I don't root for the Seahawks either. If your favorite player is Michael Jordan do you really want to see LeBron James win more Titles? It wont happen but it could have had LeBron already won a couple of more.

15 minutes ago, SkyBane said:

That's the thing about the NFL. Often the team that is outplayed still gets a win because of a fumble, interception, penalty or just plain luck. It isn't fair, but nothing can be done. Just focus on the next week.

I find it amazing that Denver ended up #1 seed when there was a quarterback controversy (which shouldn't have happened), a suspect offense and questionable coaching by Kubiak; his coaching style not fitting with Manning for several weeks. But things happen.....

13 minutes ago, SkyBane said:

And don't think Elway wouldn't be out in front of all that ready and willing to take full credit for the roster he slapped together and put his old backup QB in charge of. And Denver fans will eat it up too, not like any of them ever appreciated Manning and what he brought to their roster anyways. Then again Broncos fans are largely just the John Elway fanclub, when everyone with half a brain knows that the people truly responsible for those super bowl Bronco teams were Mike Shanahan and Terrell Davis. You'll never see Elway give them any of the credit they're due though.

By the Gods do I hate the Broncos.

Me too. I'm so glad the Colts ended the Broncos season last year. 

Also a reminder to everyone who wants Manning to win so bad: What Manning accomplishes as a Bronco doesn't count for the Colts, it counts for the Broncos. If he goes to the Super Bowl in two years with the Broncos yet only went two times, in 14 years, with the Colts, it doesn't make the Colts look good. 

Peyton Manning is the QB of the Denver Broncos; his legacy as a Colt is finished. 

1 minute ago, teganslaw said:

That's the thing about the NFL. Often the team that is outplayed still gets a win because of a fumble, interception, penalty or just plain luck. It isn't fair, but nothing can be done. Just focus on the next week.

I find it amazing that Denver ended up #1 seed when there was a quarterback controversy (which shouldn't have happened), a suspect offense and questionable coaching by Kubiak; his coaching style not fitting with Manning for several weeks. But things happen.....

Yeah it is what it is, half the steelers locker room has come out in support of Toussaint (as they should), but you know he's going to be raked over the coals the entire off season for that.

4 minutes ago, Tsarquise said:

Me too. I'm so glad the Colts ended the Broncos season last year. 

Also a reminder to everyone who wants Manning to win so bad: What Manning accomplishes as a Bronco doesn't count for the Colts, it counts for the Broncos. If he goes to the Super Bowl in two years with the Broncos yet only went two times, in 14 years, with the Colts, it doesn't make the Colts look good. 

Peyton Manning is the QB of the Denver Broncos; his legacy as a Colt is finished. 

That's where we disagree. I don't think it makes us look bad. So I guess that is where we mainly differ. Peyton accomplished much more as a Colt and was with us 14 years compared to 4 with Denver. Yes he would have the same amount of SB wins and appearances but longevity wise and statistically what he accomplished as a Colt is much greater.

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

That's where we disagree. I don't think it makes us look bad. So I guess that is where we mainly differ. Peyton accomplished much more as a Colt and was with us 14 years compared to 4 with Denver. Yes he would have the same amount of SB wins and appearances but longevity wise and statistically what he accomplished as a Colt is much greater.

He even broke the touchdown record as a Bronco... 

I just don't care what Manning does anymore; he's a Denver Bronco. 

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

@Tsar, I was glad we ended their season too last season. I am Colts first no matter what. I celebrated when we won that game and got the Title Game. Huge win for organization and Andrew.

I noticed how you phrased that last sentence and it exemplifies how many fans look at football teams. You said the "organization and Andrew" as if the QB is separate. 

See, I don't care about Luck or Peyton's legacy, I just want the Colts to win, win, win both off and on the field. 

2 minutes ago, Tsarquise said:

I noticed how you phrased that last sentence and it exemplifies how many fans look at football teams. You said the "organization and Andrew" as if the QB is separate. 

See, I don't care about Luck or Peyton's legacy, I just want the Colts to win, win, win both off and on the field. 

That's fine I respect that and had we won that game with Hass I wouldve been just as happy so dont get me wrong.

2 hours ago, SkyBane said:

I like Fitz. Both he and Jacoby Jones were ex- Ravens that stunk for the Steelers. That is good livin !

1 minute ago, lollygagger8 said:

I don't know about ya'll, but I'm not watching another Superbowl that has the Pats in it. 

I know I am tired of it too LOL. Unless someone is a Patriots fan, nobody wants to see the same team in it every season but they are great so it's Denver's job to keep them out. They can do it IMO but it wont be easy.

53 minutes ago, indyagent17 said:

Gift #3, The greatest one of all.

We can all enjoy the superbowl now.

On an unrelated note... The X Files is back baby!

No, I just got coal. This disgusts me on a next level. If Carolina wins just hand me a gun. I think I'm done on these boards for awhile. Enjoy Indianapolis Broncos fans, enjoy as Elway continues to get what he wants.