Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Pittsburgh (+7) @ Denver (1-17-16)

oldunclemark

• Replies 512
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

9 minutes ago, bayone said:

Well welcome to the site   2006Coltsbestever   , I have seen you name before when reading , weren't sure if new or not as know some have changed names

Probably My last post , then starting on things

just so u know I have been a member and used to post persistently with many articles, links, ,  ,crazy font size combinations & various colors to point out things I thought important final weekly injury reports I got permission to add here, did so for   so for many incarnations & or reincarnations of this forum for many , many years

I Used to have a home page in the past that allowed tons of pictures & links and Peytons scouting reports, SB ticket pictures of ones I own ,    all organized to tell a story etc etc etc , was so long  it was a thread in & of itself , it kept getting whittled down as each forum reincarnation gave less room  then the last version  & the current version or should I say this version at its start through its various slight tinkering / upgrades etc just doesn't allow it at all basically

As i see I can get carried away writing a comment, that's another reason I just decided to finally take care of me

BYE

QUICK PS

for members back about 5 years or more

u know whats missing on this site in the name of progress, 

GORDANS weekly picks contest  that this site cant support

6 minutes ago, bayone said:

Well welcome to the site, I have seen you name before when reading , weren't sure if new or not as know some have changed names

Probably My last post , then starting on things

just so u know I have been a member and used to post persistently with many articles, links, ,  ,crazy font size combinations & various colors to point out things I thought important final weekly injury reports I got permission to add here, did so for   so for many incarnations & or reincarnations of this forum for many , many years

I Used to have a home page in the past that allowed tons of pictures & links and Peytons scouting reports, SB ticket pictures of ones I own ,    all organized to tell a story etc etc etc , was so long  it was a thread in & of itself , it kept getting whittled down as each forum reincarnation gave less room  then the last version  & the current version or should I say this version at its start through its various slight tinkering / upgrades etc just doesn't allow it at all basically

As i see I can get carried away writing a comment, that's another reason I just decided to finally take care of me

BYE

Yeah when the format just changed a couple of months ago I didn't really like it. I still like the old format better actually, old to me is opening day this season. I am used to this format now and think the Site is Great for chatting. I have been on this Site a lot over the years but never bothered to check out these message Boards for some reason until this summer. Deflategate is why I did and I was able to read other stuff as well and just liked it so I joined in June.

7 minutes ago, King Colt said:

I was surprised at how the wind took the snap when they showed it in slow motion. I never thought of the wind having that much effect on something to simple as a snap-it moved the punter to his right and that threw him off resulting in a poor kick. 

I know, that wind was ridiculous. I would give the game ball to the kicker. He kicked 5 FG's.

17 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yeah when the format just changed a couple of months ago I didn't really like it. I still like the old format better actually, old to me is opening day this season. I am used to this format now and think the Site is Great for chatting. I have been on this Site a lot over the years but never bothered to check out these message Boards for some reason until this summer. Deflategate is why I did and I was able to read other stuff as well and just liked it so I joined in June.

this was just an evolution of format, what i was talking about was wholesale make overs and site name changes ,one even  that didn't last for more than 1 season if i remember right as 2 forums got combined 

Think one was called my colts or direct colts

here is a link to my old home page, empty spaces are pictures removed from the web, also exact formatting has changed but is best I have to remember it

COPY & PASTE as  putting in with link didnt work

C:\Users\Barry\Pictures\Peyton Manning\My Page - Colts Direct.htm

NOTE on it says  ++ NOTE ALL LINKS WORK UNLESS NOTED AS OF 5/29/2011 ++

so u know its dated

also as u can see once I start its hard to get off, thanks  , another reason stopped posting , got addicting - already here way to long than expected , again originally signed on to review after left yesterday and just give out a few likes

Now must really go and do some PT , am behind

take care

23 minutes ago, TheRustonRifle#7 said:

Does anyone have any idea on how many dropped passes Denver had? I have read between 6 and 7 and by the eye test that rings true...just curious if anyone saw any different numbers?

I have seen 7 a # of times and 8 once

From Denver Site links sent by  cousins in Denver, CBS & NFL.com sports 

Just now, bayone said:

I have seen 7 a # of times and 8 once

From Denver Site links sent by  cousins in Denver, CBS & NFL.com sports 

Thank you for the reply.....I am guessing 7 may be the number as it seems to be the one that comes up on the sites I read and the ones you alluded to? If they want to beat New England they need to clean that up? Thanks again:thmup:

1 minute ago, TheRustonRifle#7 said:

Thank you for the reply.....I am guessing 7 may be the number as it seems to be the one that comes up on the sites I read and the ones you alluded to? If they want to beat New England they need to clean that up? Thanks again:thmup:

agreed & also some coverage mistakes

48 minutes ago, BrentMc11 said:

I won't watch a Patriots SB unless they play Arizona.  Carolina and NE.......yuck for me.

Brent, even if New England & Carolina advance to the SB, we need ya man. Another ColtsFan rooting against the Patriots makes a difference. Really. Karma & that jazz. 

Go ask Eli Manning & David Tyree! :) 

1 hour ago, bayone said:

QUICK PS

for members back about 5 years or more

u know whats missing on this site in the name of progress, 

GORDANS weekly picks contest  that this site cant support

Welcome back to you, also. (thought I'd give you that courtesy as well) Nice to see more seasoned members chime in. I'm relatively new myself. 10-25-14. Hope you keep posting. 

13 minutes ago, ColtRider said:

Brent, even if New England & Carolina advance to the SB, we need ya man. Another ColtsFan rooting against the Patriots makes a difference. Really. Karma & that jazz. 

Go ask Eli Manning & David Tyree! :) 

HA HA!!!  Knowing me.....I will have to tune in....just don't tell radiogirl!!!! :)  

3 hours ago, TheRustonRifle#7 said:

1 hour ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

It was 7

Pete Prisco in the video on this CBS page says 9 drops, & says no one should thus put slow offense on Peyton

the video in petes Musings starts after the 25 second peyton post game interview at the 1:21 mark of the video

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/writer/pete-prisco/25453176/nfl-playoff-musings-sizing-up-brady-manning-xvii-and-cardinals-panthers

5 hours ago, bayone said:

Pete Prisco in the video on this CBS page says 9 drops, & says no one should thus put slow offense on Peyton

the video in petes Musings starts after the 25 second peyton post game interview at the 1:21 mark of the video

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/writer/pete-prisco/25453176/nfl-playoff-musings-sizing-up-brady-manning-xvii-and-cardinals-panthers

I knew Peyton would do it.  It was inevitable.  I think we see some game breaking stuff from the Broncs next week.  Some of the meme's however are making me ill.

It was more than 7 as Trent Green, analyst for the game on our local ESPN radio station had mentioned 6, and as he was mentioning it, had to stop  and add it was now 7.  This before I got out of radio range {and halftime, I think, as I was traveling}

I had to switch to the local Broncos radio on Sirius XM radio app bluetooth connected to my car stereo from my smartphone. I only hear of maybe two more drops the rest of the game.  So I'd say between 8-10 is going to be in the ballpark.

19 minutes ago, NBColtsFanatic said:

No offense to anyone, but I find it funny how this got more replies than some Colts game day threads late in the year. Just find it funny how the season went downhill :|

The game day threads open right before the game and  get locked after the game.  This thread has been open for 4 days

Great win by Denver and a key turnover by the D and Peyton driving the Broncos down the field for the go ahead TD in the 4th qtr.

Pitt was missing some players but was still able to move the ball.  Denver was just too tough in the end and held on for the victory.

This weekend game should be a fun game, looking forward to it.  

31 minutes ago, radiogirl said:

Yeah, like radiogirl wouldn't find out......

RG, you & BrentMc11 are GREAT fans. Really enjoy reading ya'lls posts. Tell Brent to put down that "snackin" & pay attention. haha Seriously though, my heart screams Broncos v. Cardinals, but my head says just the opposite Patriots v. Panthers. :) 

(Hey Brent, pass those chips to me will ya?) :) 

17 hours ago, ColtRider said:

RG, you & BrentMc11 are GREAT fans. Really enjoy reading ya'lls posts. Tell Brent to put down that "snackin" & pay attention. haha Seriously though, my heart screams Broncos v. Cardinals, but my head says just the opposite Patriots v. Panthers. :) 

Broncos and Cards would be awesome!!!   But, I'm afraid your head will be correct on this one.  Plenty of chips and beer to go around.......

19 hours ago, ColtRider said:

Not a problem!!  We have some good guacamole.....homemade salsa....and cold beverage in the fridge :)

Even though we may be watching NBA Development League basketball.  HA HA!

1 hour ago, BrentMc11 said:

Not a problem!!  We have some good guacamole.....homemade salsa....and cold beverage in the fridge :)

Even though we may be watching NBA Development League basketball.  HA HA!

Not surprising. You & Radiogirl strike me as people who would give the shirts off your backs to help out anyone in need. 

And, that reminds me of something that I've never got around to until now, Brent. I remember some  15 months back when I first joined the forum. I wrote my first post. You were the only "positive" response I received. I'll never forget that. And, I thank you publicly right here. Most tend to shy away from rookies, newbies, et.al. for fear of who they may be. Not you guys. 

You both made me feel welcome & an equal fan. Again, I thank you for that! :) 

19 minutes ago, ColtRider said:

Not surprising. You & Radiogirl strike me as people who would give the shirts off your backs to help out anyone in need. 

And, that reminds me of something that I've never got around to until now, Brent. I remember some  15 months back when I first joined the forum. I wrote my first post. You were the only "positive" response I received. I'll never forget that. And, I thank you publicly right here. Most tend to shy away from rookies, newbies, et.al. for fear of who they may be. Not you guys. 

You both made me feel welcome & an equal fan. Again, I thank you for that! :) 

That is one of the nicest things I have heard...in a very long time.  Thank you so very much. :)

BTW, I like your posts too.  Thanks again.  Made my day.:thmup:

I just saw that play where Manning fell down, got up and threw a 99mph WOBBLER for a first down with a guy in his face. Now a Peyton Manning highlight reel wouldn't consist of those types of plays, and alot of his best plays only looked easy. But anyway that's still what you HAVE to do to win sometimes...I don't care what anybody says.