Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

jmv ... Payton is who Indy wants...

John Dee

3 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

I'll look it up, but it doesn't matter as this year means more as it's recent. The Pats weren't nearly as dominant early in the season the previous few years, so I'm guessing it's close to the same.

im just saying, we're not the only team that gets blown out. the steelers always get blown out by the pats. are they a bad team?

• Replies 284
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, NewColtsFan said:

Offenses don't tend to look good when you have a terrible o-line and a 40-year old banged up quarterback.

There's no mystery here....

He wasn't fired because of Hasselbecks play.  He was fired because he hasn't been good since he's been here.  The offense performed despite of him.

There is no mystery about Pep.  He isn't good.

7 minutes ago, CR91 said:

im just saying, we're not the only team that gets blown out. the steelers always get blown out by the pats. are they a bad team?

Steelers are better than us. We had high expectations coming into the season and this proved we can't do Jack without Luck at 100%. Pittsburgh was without Bell most of the year (as they will be in the playoffs as well) and without Ben for 4-6 weeks of the season. They came together as a team and preserved, we wilted and couldn't do anything as the season progressed. Also, the steelers lost by a td to the pats in week 1, that's not a blowout.

1 minute ago, BOTT said:

He wasn't fired because of Hasselbecks play.  He was fired because he hasn't been good since he's been here.  The offense performed despite of him.

He wasn't great, particularly this season with all the new faces and injuries, but where he lands this offseason will be very telling. If he gets an OC position with a contender, I'd say that the consensus around the NFL is that he is good.

2 minutes ago, CR91 said:

Its more about the talent around him imo. we scored 30 with josh freeman for crying out loud

If it was more about the talent around him then why was Luck doing his best Curtis Painter impersonations for 6 of the first 7 weeks of the season. We scored more with Freeman because of the offensive game plan and Freemans ability to play at a decent level and for the most part get the ball out quick....a lot of it was 1 read and throw plays. Once Hasselbeck got hurt the wheels came off

3 minutes ago, BOTT said:

I wasn't taking about Pep.     I was talking about Chud.

But if it's Pep,  you and a number of others are wrong about the offense.   We were a top offense in both '13 and '14.     This, despite no running game AND a below average o-line.

Pep is fine.    But fine wasn't good enough.    We need very good and Pep wasn't very good.

1 minute ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Steelers are better than us. We had high expectations coming into the season and this proved we can't do Jack without Luck at 100%. Pittsburgh was without Bell most of the year (as they will be in the playoffs as well) and without Ben for 4-6 weeks of the season. They came together as a team and preserved, we wilted and couldn't do anything as the season progressed. 

4-6 weeks great. we lost luck for 10 games not to mention he was struggling for all, but one game

1 minute ago, Steamboat_Shaun said:

He wasn't great, particularly this season with all the new faces and injuries, but where he lands this offseason will be very telling. If he gets an OC position with a contender, I'd say that the consensus around the NFL is that he is good.

It will be telling when he becomes a RB coach

4-6 weeks great. we lost luck for 10 games not to mention he was struggling for all, but one game

They also lost Leveon Bell for the whole season. Arguably the best rb in the NFL. You are just being stubborn at this point. Also read my edit above. The Steelers lost to the Pats by a td, that's not a blowout as you said.

1 minute ago, NewColtsFan said:

I wasn't taking about Pep.     I was talking about Chud.

But if it's Pep,  you and a number of others are wrong about the offense.   We were a top offense in both '13 and '14.     This, despite no running game AND a below average o-line.

Pep is fine.    But fine wasn't good enough.    We need very good and Pep wasn't very good.

I wasn't complaining about Chud....he hasn't had much to work with.

I don't care what the rankings are.  Those can always be misleading. Hey Andrew, drop back and chuck it 55 times doesn't equal good offense.

is there ever been a coach that you thought was below average?

Just now, Jared Cisneros said:

They also lost Leveon Bell for the whole season. Arguably the best rb in the NFL. You are just being stubborn at this point. Also read my edit above. The Steelers lost to the Pats by a td, that's not a blowout as you said.

it was two tds. steelers score a garbage td and the steelers got more then enough production from deangleo williams

Just now, CR91 said:

it was two tds. steelers score a garbage td and the steelers got more then enough production from deangleo williams

The final score was 28-21, that's one td. you can't change facts to what you like to support your argument. It doesn't matter if deangelo turned to be good. He was a FA rb that they took a chance on to back up Bell. If you want to go down that road, i'll say the colts got more than enough production from matt Hasselback and he won the colts 4 games. we're now back to the start. the point is the colts failed and still rely on luck, and the steelers find ways to get things done.

3 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

The final score was 28-21, that's one td. you can't change facts to what you like to support your argument. It doesn't matter if deangelo turned to be good. He was a FA rb that they took a chance on to back up Bell. If you want to go down that road, i'll say the colts got more than enough production from matt Hasselback and he won the colts 4 games. we're now back to the start. the point is the colts failed and still rely on luck, and the steelers find ways to get things done.

im not changing anything. it was 28-14 and the steelers score a td that had no implications in the game itself hence a garbage td. the steelers also didnt lose ben for the whole half of the season

Pagano is a great DB coach and a great cheerleader. Other than that??? His one year as DC with the Ravens, which he gets lauded for, was just putting it in cruise control after it was left to him.

For too many games our game plans have sucked to high heaven. We've been down and out before we even got started. That is on the head coach!

Just now, CR91 said:

as I mentioned to the poster above me, it was a garbage td. if you look at the history of the pats ve steelers, a lot of games are blow outs

Ok, you also said they blow out the AFC East when they lost to the Jets and Dolphins this year. Lost to the Bills last year and beat the jets by combined 3 points in 2 games with no QB, WR1, or secondary.

Just now, Buddy Lee said:

Pagano is a great DB coach and a great cheerleader. Other than that??? His one year as DC with the Ravens, which he gets lauded for, was just putting it in cruise control after it was left to him.

For too many games our game plans have sucked to high heaven. We've been down and out before we even got started. That is on the head coach!

three straight 11-5 records, an 8-8 record with our starting QB gone for 10 games and struggling for all but one game. yea pagano sucks alright

1 minute ago, bababooey said:

Ok, you also said they blow out the AFC East when they lost to the Jets and Dolphins this year. Lost to the Bills last year and beat the jets by combined 3 points in 2 games with no QB, WR1, or secondary.

you do realize the pats are missing a large number of their starters this year right? check prior years

3 minutes ago, CR91 said:

im not changing anything. it was 28-14 and the steelers score a td that had no implications in the game itself hence a garbage td. the steelers also didnt lose ben for the whole half of the season

Now you're lying again. The final score was 28-21, that all that matters. They lost by a td, give it up. You're also lying that I said that Ben was out half a season. I specifically said that he was out 4-6 weeks.

19 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Steelers are better than us. We had high expectations coming into the season and this proved we can't do Jack without Luck at 100%. Pittsburgh was without Bell most of the year (as they will be in the playoffs as well) and without Ben for 4-6 weeks of the season. They came together as a team and preserved, we wilted and couldn't do anything as the season progressed. Also, the steelers lost by a td to the pats in week 1, that's not a blowout.

See, 4-6 weeks of the season. You're grasping at straws and you're embarrassing yourself at this point. You can't even argue my points anymore. If you have nothing else to add, I'll leave you to someone else. Not in the mood with us possibly giving up a pick for Sean Payton, and you now starting to make up lies about what I said.

15 minutes ago, BOTT said:

I don't care what the rankings are.  Those can always be misleading. Hey Andrew, drop back and chuck it 55 times doesn't equal good offense.

Jim Caldwell was unanimously viewed as below average to terrible by every single person on this forum.

1 minute ago, CR91 said:

you do realize the pats are missing a large number of their starters this year right? check prior years

OMG. WE SUCK! sorry to tell you but we suck, chuck sucks and we aren't going to go all the way with Chuck and Grigson together. Get over it.

2 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Now you're lying again. The final score was 28-21, that all that matters. They lost by a td, give it up. You're also lying that I said that Ben was out half a season. I specifically said that he was out 4-6 weeks.

See, 4-6 weeks of the season. You're grasping at straws and you're embarrassing yourself at this point. You can't even argue my points anymore. If you have nothing else to add, I'll leave you to someone else. Not in the mood with us possibly giving up a pick for Sean Payton, and you now starting to make up lies about what I said.

I didnt say you said he was out for half the season I was implying the steelers didnt have to deal with ben being out half the season like luck

1 minute ago, bababooey said:

OMG. WE SUCK! sorry to tell you but we suck, chuck sucks and we aren't going to go all the way with Chuck and Grigson together. Get over it.

congrats. you just proved youre not worth arguing with. have a good day

three straight 11-5 records, an 8-8 record with our starting QB gone for 10 games and struggling for all but one game.

we do play in the worst division.  yeah our qb was hurt but so were the texans and titans.  we fail to show up against good teams except for denver.

Just now, aaron11 said:

we do play in the worst division.  yeah our qb was hurt but so were the texans and titans.  we fail to show up against good teams except for denver.

you play whos on your schedule. the pats kill their division and no one says anything. 

1 minute ago, Dustin said:

Y'all really covet a mid 2nd round pick more than a Super Bowl winning head coach who's put together some of the best offenses in league history huh?

hes went 7-9 3 straight seasons. saints havent been in the playoffs since 2012

18 minutes ago, BOTT said:

Yeah....   except we did a lot of that when a guy named Bruce Arians was the OC.

And no one here has the guts to say they didn't like Arians as the OC here.

Oh wait.    Superman and I did way back when................

But it was OK for Arians,  just not for Pep.

This is yet the latest example of young fans who think the whole world is filled with those who are either really  good,  or they suck.    And there's nothing in-between.

The truth is the world is filled with in-between.     And that's where Pep is.    

If people here are going to make an argument that Chuck Pagano is average yet we're firing him because we want better -- fine.     Just say the same thing about Pep.      He was average,  and we needed better.

This isn't that hard to figure out.....