Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Players ruled OUT for Sunday. Other injury news

TKnight24

The following Colts players are ruled OUT for Sunday: Anthony Castonzo, Jerrell Freeman and Andrew Luck. Erik Walden is doubtful.

Colts are going to have several game-time decisions on the defensive side of the ball (Colt Anderson, D’Qwell Jackson, Greg Toler).

1 hour ago, Coltfreak said:

Obviously you forget what it is like to have Butler in there instead.  Toler may not be great but he is a lot better than any other option we have 

They could play Smith out there who was a second round pick and who we haven't seen much of since he got back and Pagano hinted that playing Smith if Toler can't go is an option earlier this week.  The other was Brown who they just re-signed.  So they have some other options before they would have to move Butler outside.

Obviously you forget what it is like to have Butler in there instead.  Toler may not be great but he is a lot better than any other option we have 

No doubt Butler is a Disaster outside.
  Jalil Brown wasn`t terrible when he played earlier for us.
  And D"John needs some playing time.
 But mostly we need some ____ pass rush!!

16 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

They could play Smith out there who was a second round pick and who we haven't seen much of since he got back and Pagano hinted that playing Smith if Toler can't go is an option earlier this week.  The other was Brown who they just re-signed.  So they have some other options before they would have to move Butler outside.

Although it's nitpicking, he was in fact a 3rd-rounder. But totally agree with you. I would love to see more of Smith as well. Especially playing man coverage.

Pagano already stated that butler is staying in the slot if Toler can't go. Smith & Brown will rotate the outside spot

2 hours ago, Coltfreak said:

I agree... Toler MUCH > Butler at regular corner... Butler is decent at Nickle only.

Erik Walden, Greg Toler won't make trip to Jacksonville. Colts know 6 of their 7 inactives: Adongo, Castonzo, Freeman, Luck, Toler, Walden

Would assume Trent Cole and Robert Mathis start at OLB. Pagano mentioned D'Joun Smith/Jalil Brown for Toler. Keep Darius Butler in the slot.

I'd like to see what Smith can do as well. I'm interested in Sio getting more time too. 

We knew Castonzo and Luck would not go no surprise there. 

The biggest loss and hardest to replace IMO is Walden. I feel like he's a little undervalued on here. 

We need to find a way to get this game. I think we will if Matt can get it back on track.