Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Chris Harris says the only QB that didn't cry was Luck

chad72

48 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I love Andrew Luck! That's my QB - Terrell Owens haha. Cant wait until he comes back, Great stuff Chad.

We all love it when defenses like the Seahawks and Broncos play well as a unit and are physical. Apparently, QBs have forgotten what it is like taking hits with the current rules.

Andrew loves the contact, I think it gets him going in a weird sort of a way. He is built like a LB and he seems to have a mentality of a LB. Problem is that contact over time gets you injured. Cant be 22 years old forever. I would prefer when our QB gets healthy that he slides when he runs and avoids contact at all costs. Not sure he will though, he's wired to take hits. Against the Broncos he was acting like he was enjoying it and just telling the Broncos "Nice hit", etc..

2 hours ago, CR91 said:

this is nothing new. luck seems to like to get hit. he likes that concept of the game. hes not cuddled like other whining little babies. dont kill me AMfootball haha

I don't disagree. But that is also why he has been on the sideline most of this season and will continue to miss games if he holds the ball and keeps getting hit. I am not sure why fans get off on their QB being "tough" and taking hits.The most important thing a QB can be to his team is available. If he puts himself in harms way and ends up on the sidelines, who cares if he is tough? Does not do much to help his team from the tub.

3 hours ago, amfootball said:

I don't disagree. But that is also why he has been on the sideline most of this season and will continue to miss games if he holds the ball and keeps getting hit. I am not sure why fans get off on their QB being "tough" and taking hits.The most important thing a QB can be to his team is available. If he puts himself in harms way and ends up on the sidelines, who cares if he is tough? Does not do much to help his team from the tub.

you make a good point, but you cant chance the nature of someone. luck wants to make the play to win the game even if it means putting his body on the line and you have the respect someone who wants to win that badly

2 minutes ago, CR91 said:

you make a good point, but you cant chance the nature of someone. luck wants to make the play to win the game even if it means putting his body on the line and you have the respect someone who wants to win that badly

Yes. He is always trying to make the play. I think as his career progresses he will hopefully learn to live to play another down. You can never win a game on one play. And you have to limit your exposure to hits. That being said, Denver is full of thugs and were looking to injure the Colts all game. Their D leads the league in unsportsmanlike penalties so really Harris should just shut it IMO.

1 minute ago, amfootball said:

Yes. He is always trying to make the play. I think as his career progresses he will hopefully learn to live to play another down. You can never win a game on one play. And you have to limit your exposure to hits. That being said, Denver is full of thugs and were looking to injure the Colts all game. Their D leads the league in unsportsmanlike penalties so really Harris should just shut it IMO.

That word is offensive, you know. :)

If they lead the league in unsportsmanlike penalties, that is just their nature. I don't think they were trying to injure Colts anymore than they were trying to injure any other team's players. Besides, the last 2 SB winners have been top 2 or 3 in defensive penalties - both the 2013 Seahawks and 2014 Patriots. Maybe the mantra is "if we continue playing this way, come playoff time, they allow more contact and we will be able to get away with more". It worked for the past 2 SB champs, so only time will tell if that works for these guys.

Just now, chad72 said:

That word is offensive, you know. :)

If they lead the league in unsportsmanlike penalties, that is just their nature. I don't think they were trying to injure Colts anymore than they were trying to injure any other team's players. Besides, the last 2 SB winners have been top 2 or 3 in defensive penalties - both the 2013 Seahawks and 2014 Patriots. Maybe the mantra is "if we continue playing this way, come playoff time, they allow more contact and we will be able to get away with more". It worked for the past 2 SB champs, so only time will tell if that works for these guys.

Yes, I apologize for anyone offended. :)

It is one thing to lead in penalties (defensive holding and PI and such), it is another to lead in unsportsmanlike conduct. They should have been fined/suspended more for their antics in the Colts IMO.

8 minutes ago, amfootball said:

Yes, I apologize for anyone offended. :)

It is one thing to lead in penalties (defensive holding and PI and such), it is another to lead in unsportsmanlike conduct. They should have been fined/suspended more for their antics in the Colts IMO.

Yeah, the Talib and Miller one, I understand. Talib was suspended. Von Miller's antics, not sure if he even got a fine. Hey, Rodney Harrison and the Saints under Gregg Williams, Cortland Finnegan all were notorious for taking shots after the whistle. This is not something the league has not seen before.

The T.J.Ward one was a bang-bang play and Luck was just being Luck trying to make a play and it was unfortunate that he was sandwiched. If he had gone down, we wouldn't be talking about lacerated kidney now.

Stats for 2015 so far: http://espn.go.com/nfl/statistics/team/_/stat/downs/sort/firstDownsPenalty/position/defense/order/false

Stats for 2014: NE was #1 in first downs by penalties

http://espn.go.com/nfl/statistics/team/_/stat/downs/sort/firstDownsPenalty/position/defense/year/2014/order/false

Stats for 2013 (first downs by penalties) : Seattle was #2

http://espn.go.com/nfl/statistics/team/_/stat/downs/sort/firstDownsPenalty/position/defense/year/2013/order/false

6 minutes ago, chad72 said:

Yeah, the Talib and Miller one, I understand. Talib was suspended. Von Miller's antics, not sure if he even got a fine. Hey, Rodney Harrison and the Saints under Gregg Williams, Cortland Finnegan all were notorious for taking shots after the whistle. This is not something the league has not seen before.

The T.J.Ward one was a bang-bang play and Luck was just being Luck trying to make a play and it was unfortunate that he was sandwiched. If he had gone down, we wouldn't be talking about lacerated kidney now.

Stats for 2015 so far: http://espn.go.com/nfl/statistics/team/_/stat/downs/position/defense

Stats for 2014: NE was #1 in first downs by penalties

http://espn.go.com/nfl/statistics/team/_/stat/downs/sort/firstDownsPenalty/position/defense/year/2014/order/false

Stats for 2013 (first downs by penalties) : Seattle was #2

http://espn.go.com/nfl/statistics/team/_/stat/downs/sort/firstDownsPenalty/position/defense/year/2013/order/false

I believe those first downs were from defensive holding and PI. Browner was a flag machine for both teams. I don't believe either team led in unsportsmanlike conduct like Denver has this year.

22 minutes ago, amfootball said:

I believe those first downs were from defensive holding and PI. Browner was a flag machine for both teams. I don't believe either team led in unsportsmanlike conduct like Denver has this year.

Except Denver isn't leading in that category 

http://www.nflpenalties.com/penalty/unsportsmanlike-conduct?year=2015

5 hours ago, amfootball said:

I agree. I wish he could make decisions ala Tom or direct an offense at the line like Peyton used to....that would be epic with his arm and athleticism. That said I think we just admire his toughness.....we also almost ENTIRELY agree he needs to take less hits and get rid of the ball sooner. Nobody that I'm aware of here WANTS him to take them....we just respect how he gets up or pats the defender on the helmet when he does take them.

Imo this is just another attempt at the "Brady is a whiner" thread...its just disguised...I don't know why this couldn't be put in there as nobody cares about any other whiney qbs on this site but him...so lets not pretend. Like I said before...I don't have a problem with him complaining to the refs about bad calls...there were many in that game..it does look a little beneath a 4 time SB winner but he is a fiery competitor so I'm sure its hard for him to contain his passion.

10 hours ago, amfootball said:

Then can you tell Tom Brady to stop doing those QB sneaks. He will pay for it one day. If not now, he will when he's playing in his 60's.

On December 10, 2015 at 9:03 AM, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I love Andrew Luck! That's my QB - Terrell Owens haha. Cant wait until he comes back, Great stuff Chad.

You're example is a good one & a hysterical one CBE, but a former Cowboys WR said it so SW1 is forbidden from liking it. Sorry man. It's how I roll dude. 

You're still a cool guy though. haha

On December 11, 2015 at 3:43 AM, amfootball said:

This is ironic given the Broncos' defensive players would have been arrested for their thuggery vs the Colts had their hits/antics taken place anywhere other than a football field ... I can see why Harris was happy no one complained.

Agree with you on that one. Luck really is a good kid and I guess you have to admire him for "never complaining." However , the zebras let Denver get away with MULTIPLE late hits on Luck that game. I wonder if other players or coaches "complained." Lord knows they should have .

1 hour ago, dw49 said:

Agree with you on that one. Luck really is a good kid and I guess you have to admire him for "never complaining." However , the zebras let Denver get away with MULTIPLE late hits on Luck that game. I wonder if other players or coaches "complained." Lord knows they should have .

Yeah. They lacerated his kidney and then the late hits, eye poke, etc. I do admire Luck but that game was disgusting IMO. I am surprised Harris would want to bring it up in any capacity but then again he is not the sharpest tool in the box.