Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Whats going wrong with the Packers?

RockThatBlue

6 hours ago, Coffeedrinker said:

I was following online.  It looked like a walk-off TD pass, is that correct?

And did they only get the chance for the hail mary because of the facemask?

You got it right. I think the problem they are having is they don't have anyone to take the top off. The S's can play up help stop the run lay the lumber on the short passing game. That offense looks broken.

Cobb is the only WR they have. He's not nearly as good going against #1 CB's. Adams has been horrible. Losing Jordy really hurt them. 

Crocket the kid from North Dakota St looked good tonight. There were a lot of servicable backs in this years draft and UDFA class.  I wish we had not wasted so much time on Ballard and looked at a few more. 

They have a mini bye to get healthy and try and figure things out. This was more Det finding a way to lose than GB winning. I don't see the Pack going very far in the playoffs. 

What's going wrong with the Packers? I will tell you, Rodgers stinks as the Packers need to replace him with either Brock or a Hass type haha (sarcasm), just kidding. To answer the question honestly I think losing Jordy Nelson has hurt them greatly. It was going good early but teams after a few games are figuring out Cobb is a #2 not a #1. When you lose your #1 WR you are not the same. Imagine us without TY, even the Pats without Edleman didn't look good against Buffalo or against Denver.

McCarthy said his team was beat up so the bye is probably coming at a good time. I think their offensive play calling stinks. I am not sure why they keep trying to go down the field when they don't have receivers that can get separation. They should be doing a short passing game as they have quick receivers, not speed guys and some size too. They need to be creative with the run plays too and maybe do some jet sweeps and draws. When I watch them they just look so predictable and trying to force a round hole into a square peg. I agree they won't go far in the playoffs as their defense is terrible. Maybe it catches fire like at the end of last year but it looks really bad right now and I am not sure what the fix is. They dodged a huge bullet last night avoiding being 2 games behind the Vikes with only 4 to go.

1 hour ago, ColtRider said:

This begs the question. Did the Packers really win this game or did the Lions really lose it on the last play? 

And, was that a facemask by RULE?

...never mind ... Just saw the Packers/Lions thread...

Refs have cost the lions 2 games this year. Ouch.

I said this in the game thread but anyway as bad as the call was, for reasons mentioned and other reasons people are ignoring, the Lions were equally as dumb. He's rolling, nobody is close enough for the lateral play which they already tried, and you don't play the Hailmary...

That's the thing......Nobody continues to play like they have been lately. Everybody changes and sometimes they return to what's the norm for them.

The Packers get nine days off and they can repair the O-line a bit.  They're a good road team (now 4-2) probably because if Rodgers and he's obviously healthy.  If they get to 11-5 with another win over Minnesota, they'll be the '3' seed. If they get to 12-4 with wins over Minnesota and Arizona, they'll be the '2' seed.

Green bay's in a really good position now

On 12/4/2015, 12:56:14, QwizBoy said:

Green Bay has a big challenge in front of them in the form of the Minnesota Vikings. I can see the Vikes winning the division and Green Bay missing out this year, especially if they keep playing like they have been lately.

Yes, Aaron Rogers looks out of sync this season & off his game. Who knew that losing Jordy Nelson would cripple their offensive production?

Mike Zimmer's defense is for real & AP is much better than Starks or Lacey as a RB this year. I roll with Minnesota winning the NFC North this season.

The Packers will absolutely maul the Vikings. I predicted it last game and I'm predicting it again. They always blow it against the Packers. Atleast the Lions rob a game every year, as do the Bears when they manage to field a team that can win more than 4 games.

I hate it and all...I mean I'd like for the top team in the division to squash the Packers once and for all because they're still going to be the same overrated,  1 and done in the making but the Vikings have failed at this over and over. If I'm wrong I'll gladly eat my words.

34 minutes ago, southwest1 said:

Yes, Aaron Rogers looks out of sync this season & off his game. Who knew that losing Jordy Nelson would cripple their offensive production?

Mike Zimmer's defense is for real & AP is much better than Starks or Lacey as a RB this year. I roll with Minnesota winning the NFC North this season.

Yep, it's the Vikings time again. You never want to shut the door on Aaron Rodgers, but his team has shown that they can be beaten and aren't as invincible as some may have thought earlier this season. 

2 hours ago, oldunclemark said:

I think the Minnesota over GB talk is a lot of wishful thinking

Vikings have to win in GB on the last day of the year as it stands now, right? 

Yeah it is in GB. And if push comes to shove there will be a miracle face mask call against Rodgers in the 4th to help out the Packers.

Nothing wrong with them at all. They're still the same old Packers, just aren't playing an easy schedule this year. 

Minnesota is not going to derail them for the division throne. They'e a one dimensional team with a great defense, and then a great running game, but nothing else to answer teams with. It is indeed, wishful thinking to see them take GB's spot.

In the playoffs, I see them getting Seattle in the wildcard and then losing in a huge epic upset like they always do. 

Huge epic :fb:

Is there anyway for the Packers to beat MN and still miss the playoffs? Without looking at their schedule, I think Oakland is the only winnable game left and winnable or not I think it's also their only AFC game left, making the other games more important to the playoffs.

Huge epic :fb:

Is there anyway for the Packers to beat MN and still miss the playoffs? Without looking at their schedule, I think Oakland is the only winnable game left and winnable or not I think it's also their only AFC game left, making the other games more important to the playoffs.

9 minutes ago, BloodyChamp said:

So Aaron Rodgers threw it to Richard Rodgers and it will go down in history as The Motor City Miracle. Richard Rodger's old man threw it to the guy who scored on The Play (Cal/Standford). We throw the word fraud around alot...but the name Rodgers is a synonym for it.

From my state over the summer 

http://www.al.com/news/huntsville/index.ssf/2015/06/former_medical_company_ceo_ple.html

2 hours ago, BloodyChamp said:

All this game today told me was that the biggest upset last week happened on Monday, not Sunday. The Packers just drove over 80 yards entirely by Lacy, plus 1 run by Rodgers and 1 by Starks.

Who do you think Green Bay loses in the playoffs to this year?

1 minute ago, BloodyChamp said:

Seattle? They usually draw the west and AZ should win that so Seattle would be a wild card. 

Bogie is banking on Seattle going to Carolina in the divisional to knock them out.

So it seems Seattle is the team nobody will want to play.......as usual. If Pittsburgh gets in you won't want them either on the AFC side.

The #4 seed in the NFC belongs to the horrid NFC East winner, just like the #4 seed in the AFC belongs to the AFC South winner. So, the Seahawks will finish at #5. The Vikings however have an easy 2 games at home vs the Bears and the Giants, so we will have to see if they can finish at least 10-6. If the Seahawks keep winning, no doubt they are #5 seed in the NFC, like the Steelers will be #5 in the AFC. Thus, the Packers will face the #6 seed in the NFC, which will most likely be the Vikings, IMO.

Bengals can clinch the AFC North by beating the 49ers, right?

AFC wild cards could get interesting. If the Broncos are at 10-4 after possibly losing to the Steelers, if they lose to the Bengals, then they are at 10-5 and if the Chiefs are at 10-5 at that point in time, the Chiefs will be the division leader by virtue of tie-breakers in the division.

So, we could go: 

#1 Pats #2 Bengals #3 Broncos #4 Colts #5 Chiefs #6 Steelers

or

#1 Pats #2 Bengals #3 Chiefs #4 Colts #5 Steelers #6 Broncos

The Jets may have a thing or two to say about it but I feel the Pats will take care of the Jets in week 16 and snuff out their hopes with a 6th loss.

If I am the Colts, and we get the #4 seed, I would be rooting for the Steelers to just get 1 more loss to go behind the Chiefs in the losses column so that we can play the Chiefs as a #5 seed. I like the Colts history vs the Chiefs in the playoffs.