Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

It's gonna be sad day when Peyton and Brady are gone

Kyle234

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You are comparing the skills/value of Jim McMahon and Mark Sanchez to Tom Brady.....really? The same tom brady who is a 3x SB MVP, and 2x NFL MVP, etc, etc...

Let's just agree to disagree because this is beyond ridiculous.

No I'm comparing their top defenses which all took them to SBs and championship games. But speaking of MVPs, it's a popular opinion that the Jets were snubbed by the MVP voters that 1 year and Walter Payton got MVP votes in 1985.

No I'm comparing their top defenses which all took them to SBs and championship games. And speaking of MVPs, it's a popular opinion that the Jets were snubbed by the MVP voters that 1 year.

When he is struggling as always with the topic, watch for him getting nasty out of topic.

The real BOTT is back with his famous corny sentences and insults. Nice deflection to run away from the topic.

Didn't take too long.

Right...like he actually thinks I was comparing the arm of Jim McMahon to the arm of Tom Brady. Not the defenses they had or anything which had nothing in common.

Except Brady was MVP of 3 Super Bowls which makes you argument silly. You act as though he was carried by the defense. Good god, are you two drunk?

Terry Bradshaw won 2 straight SB MVPs, a streak that was broken by Jim Plunkett a few years before a backup QB won it. So take the accolade as far as it'll go, but it's not as far as you wish.

So a HOF player and GM who directly worked under Belichick clearly says he owes the Ravens SB to Belichick is wrong but a guy who shows his bravado over an Internet forum running his mouth off with cursing, yelling and screaming is legit?.

Brilliant stuff.

Thus just in....Ozzie is friends with Belichick.

Just some of the players not on the Browns roster:

Ray Lewis

Tony Siragusa

Jamal Lewis

Shannon Sharpe

Trent Dilfer

Johnathon Ogden

Sam Adams

Adalius Thomas

Peter Boulware

Jamie Sharper

Rod Woodson

Chris McAlister

Compare the rosters for yourself:

http://www.footballdb.com/teams/nfl/cleveland-browns/roster/1995?sort=*

http://www.footballdb.com/teams/nfl/cleveland-browns/roster/1995?sort=*

Terry Bradshaw won 2 straight SB MVPs, a streak that was broken by Jim Plunkett a few years before a backup QB won it. So take the accolade as far as it'll go, but it's not as far as you wish.

Yes, and they deserved to be MVP because, like Brady, they played excellent.

Yes, and they deserved to be MVP because, like Brady, they played excellent.

And, like Brady, that award is only worth so much and, like Brady, it's worth even less when it's a formality, because I know better than to try and buy your putting all them as equals based on 1 similarity like you tried to say I did with Brady, Sanchez and McMahon (or do I...you got Dilfer up there with Ray Lewis and John Ogden).

And, like Brady, that award is only worth so much and, like Brady, it's worth even less when it's a formality, because I know better than to try and buy your putting all them as equals based on 1 similarity like you tried to say I did with Brady, Sanchez and McMahon (or do I).

You win. I give up

I replied to that post with Belichick building NE including Brady. Go read it properly.

I also replied who decides the roster. The same people who learned from Belichick.

On 3,2,1.....personal comments coming.

go retread our first two exchanges. You clearly state the rosters were very similar. You can keep on modifying your argument, it's not going to change the fact that you were wrong about the rosters. Really, it's not a big deal.

Well this went down hill fast. A shame as this was one of the best rivalries in all of sports IMO but some I guess can't see past the stuff that OP wished to avoid in this thread. I am bummed to not get Brady/Manning #17.

Have u ever even been to a Pats forum. Bthis is tame compared to what those yo-yos say about Manning.

Like it or not, your Pats don't play by the rules. Some of it has been proven, some of it the Pats managed to "Clinton" their way out of. Look it up.

What, did you think we Colts fans would be sorry to see Brady go?

I will miss the excitement of the rivaly but when Manning was a Colt. It lost its appeal to me when Manning left.

However, i see a better rivalry brewing with Luck and Bortles or Mariota. Division rivalries are usually more heated.

Don't mean to sound like a jerk, but I actually can't wait. I get tired of the AFC champion game coming down to Brady and Manning more times then not. When they retire, it's gonna be interesting cause the AFC is gonna be wide open.

I just get sick of seeing the Patriots in the AFC Title Game every season. They have been in it 4 years in a row. The whole league has great parity and the unknown except for the Patriots. If it wasn't for them the league would be much more fun to watch because all the other teams can lose to anyone at any given time. Ok it's not their fault I get that as they are just better than everyone but it is getting old. Luckily somehow for us people that dislike the Pats they went 10 seasons in between winning SB's despite their tremendous success. It could be worse as they could have 7 or 8 SB Titles by now. Eli and the Giants Defense shocked them twice in the SB and Peyton has stopped them twice from them getting to the SB as well. If it wasn't for the Manning's Brady may have 7 or 8 Rings actually.

To me that Manning/Brady rivalry games if your an Indy sports fan are great to look back on though most games did not go in the Colts favor, With that said being an Indy sports fan in general I'd have to put the Colts/Patriots rivalry just behind mid 90's rivalry between the Pacers (primarily Reggie Miller) and the Knicks. Rivalries are good for sports as long as they don't blow over into mass chaos off the field/court. (Pacers/Pistons Malice at the Palace)

With that said I'm expecting Peyton to give it a go 1 last time next year so I don't expect we have seen the last of that rivalry just yet

Have u ever even been to a Pats forum. Bthis is tame compared to what those yo-yos say about Manning.

Like it or not, your Pats don't play by the rules. Some of it has been proven, some of it the Pats managed to "Clinton" their way out of. Look it up.

What, did you think we Colts fans would be sorry to see Brady go?

I will miss the excitement of the rivaly but when Manning was a Colt. It lost its appeal to me when Manning left.

However, i see a better rivalry brewing with Luck and Bortles or Mariota. Division rivalries are usually more heated.

I take it you have not been to a Pats forum as the rivalry is respected there. Sure we believe Brady is better but this thread was about missing the rivalry not missing either player. I certainly would not expect anyone here to miss Brady but that was not the subject of the thread. Again, a shame that it has spiraled so far away from what the OP intended.

In terms of a next rivalry, I see it more so in the NFC with Cam, Russell, Teddy and Winston. All the young guns are down there along with Rogers, Romo, Eli and Palmer. The NFC is just stacked with the best QBs in the game. I do think there is a chance for Luck/Mariota but I need to see more from Mariota first and also have to see what the Colts do with their FO. Luck has gotten really banged up this year so the Colts need to make some serious changes to ensure his career goes forward the right way. I like Carr too so he is another potential in the AFC.

The '07 Patriots won 18 games.

The '08 team won 11, zero against teams with winning records .

Stop using old, useless arguments.

'09 Pats won 10 games, 3 wins against teams with barely, 9-7, winning records.

Seems like you like using old, unless arguments too.

Lol. So your argument is BB once again missed the playoffs without Tom Brady? They missed the playoffs after losing the division to a mediocre Dolphins team.....with a roster that was talented enough to go 18-1 the yr. Impressive. Impressive indeed.

And what happened to Matt Cassell? He went to the Chiefs and actually MADE THE PLAYOFFS under the legendary coach Todd Haley.

That mediocre dolphins team went on 11-5 as well. Tom Brady is better than matt cassel, I know that. But you people are arguing that BB is nothing without brady which is completely wrong. Belicheck magus brady, not the other way around. Belicheck puts teams around brady that have bailed his poor performances out man a times.

Plus your wrong about cassel. He injured his leg in 09' and the Chiefs went 4-12, the next year was 10-6, then 7-9 in 2011, theb 2-14. Yes, one successful season by cassel proves belicheck is nothing.

The year prior to cassel was the 18-1 season and the roster wad not the same. They also went 10-6 after brady returned the next year, so clearly brady was not the key to success if they went 11-5 with cassel the year before.

The '07 Patriots won 18 games.

The '08 team won 11, zero against teams with winning records .

Stop using old, useless arguments.

And the very next year with Brady they 10-6. Old arguments will get used over and over when they are factual and lend credence. Regardless if you refuse to admit it. The fact cassel had done nothing and is a bad qb proves. Without belicheck they could have done much worse.

Belicheck makes brady more than the other way around.

Let's not have a discussion about who's better or whatever, but instead take some time to appreciate that we've seen two of the best QBs go at it time and time again. I don't think any two QBs that are currently in the league will be able to fill the void Peyton and Brady will leave when they retire. Every match up they had was legendary. Peyton has been on 10 win teams every year except 2, Brady every year except one. The accomplishments these two guys have are legendary. We won't see two quarterbacks like this for a long time, IMO. Instead of bashing them, blah blah Peyton is so old or blah blah Brady's a cheat, we should just sit back and appreciate the fact that for the past 15 years, we've seen an AFC dominated by the two best quarterbacks to ever play the game.

This has not been a competition for a while and it is officially over now.  No one in Indy, New England, or Denver is saddened that Manning is not playing today.  In fact, a lot of people in Denver are pretty relieved.

These guys never played each other anyway.  As far as I am concerned, the match-up has been between Manning and Belichick.  Manning has been so far away in stats that even that was not competitive.  TB12 will have to play three more years to compete with Manning in that regard.  Brees vs Brady is probably more competitive from a stats perspective.

Finally, I think Brady will play another five years, so it's not like an era is ending -- Manning is simply stepping off a stage he has not belonged on for nearly a year.  I think that is the sad part.  I hope he comes back one more year just because it's been really depressing to watch him of late. 

And the very next year with Brady they 10-6. Old arguments will get used over and over when they are factual and lend credence. Regardless if you refuse to admit it. The fact cassel had done nothing and is a bad qb proves. Without belicheck they could have done much worse.

Belicheck makes brady more than the other way around.

You are not allowed to speak truth and logic.

That mediocre dolphins team went on 11-5 as well. Tom Brady is better than matt cassel, I know that. But you people are arguing that BB is nothing without brady which is completely wrong. Belicheck magus brady, not the other way around. Belicheck puts teams around brady that have bailed his poor performances out man a times.

Plus your wrong about cassel. He injured his leg in 09' and the Chiefs went 4-12, the next year was 10-6, then 7-9 in 2011, theb 2-14. Yes, one successful season by cassel proves belicheck is nothing.

The year prior to cassel was the 18-1 season and the roster wad not the same. They also went 10-6 after brady returned the next year, so clearly brady was not the key to success if they went 11-5 with cassel the year before.

Where I say he was nothing without Brady? I said he was a great coach and actually did well in Cleveland. If you want to argue against a strawman go ahead, but leave me out of it.

How was I wrong about Cassell? Did he or did he not lead the Chiefs to the playoffs with Todd Haley as coach? Hell he even made the pro bowl.....not that it means much, but it prob means something to a player like him.

You say sarcastically one good season means BB was nothing (more exaggerating on your part). Yet you claim cassel's one season as the patriots starter makes my entire argument invalid.

Yes, after coming off a serious injury Brady had a rather average yr by his standards. Not much of an argument.

'09 Pats won 10 games, 3 wins against teams with barely, 9-7, winning records.

Seems like you like using old, unless arguments too.

The Pat's division had 3 teams with winning records in 2008. I don't have the scedule in front of me but I doubt the Dolphin and Jets have ever swept that Pats. Now that the facts are in place, maybe the argument won't be useless.