Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Peyton Manning Wants to Play in 2016, Maybe Somewhere Other Than Denver

SteelDragon

I love how you guys are hoping and praying that a lousy 5-5 Giants team that has major issues closing games, its best defender in a hamburger helper glove because he is missing digits and a terrible secondary on top is going to make it to the Super Bowl to foil the Pats again. I guess you have to fixate on something to get thru the season.

Thanks for psychoanalyzing people in this thread?

Thanksgiving spirit?

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Peyton played well vs. GB and played pretty well against the Colts. If Buffalo had a better offense, they would have beaten NE. If the Broncos can win this week, I think the Pats will end up with the second seed. Either way, I think the Steelers, Broncos or Colts can go into NE and win, given the Pats injuries.

It would be nice to see Peyton go out with a trophy, if the Colts can win it.

People talk about his arm being shot but most of his issues have to do with his feet/legs. If he gets healed, Denver could win it all.

All I can say is that the Broncs were what?  8-0 at one point with Peyton quarterbacking.  Some here were preaching Denver would beat NE for a trip to the Super Bowl.  Now we are sending him to the old folks home because he has a torn plantar fascia? 

I have talked about cases of plantar fasciitis before. It is excruciatingly painful.  This is a TORN version.  Has to be awful to endure.

I think once again I say it is up to Peyton to retire or not.  If he feels the bones, joints tendons, neck and other injuries have put his career at an end, HE will decide.

I don't know about anyone else, but I was scared on Denver's last drive against us would be yet another Peyton moment.  It could have just has been a 9-0 Broncos record at that point......HMMMM.  What have you done for ME lately.   :)   

I am still sticking with my pick. I think Peyton gets healthy than it will get interesting. It will be tough for them or anyone to win in Foxboro though. I had Denver getting HFA before the season started is one reason why I had them winning it all. I don't waiver on my picks. I had GB winning the NFC before the season started. That still could happen too. Long way to go.

I love how you guys are hoping and praying that a lousy 5-5 Giants team that has major issues closing games, its best defender in a hamburger helper glove because he is missing digits and a terrible secondary on top is going to make it to the Super Bowl to foil the Pats again. I guess you have to fixate on something to get thru the season.

Thanks for psychoanalyzing people in this thread?

Thanksgiving spirit?

Whoah, whoah whoah... back up the bus!  Is this not a person mis-characterizing a whole fan base based upon a couple posts, when they themselves were just salvaged from others doing something very similar to them?  My oh my how one can bite the hand that feeds.  :Mope:

I love how you guys are hoping and praying that a lousy 5-5 Giants team that has major issues closing games, its best defender in a hamburger helper glove because he is missing digits and a terrible secondary on top is going to make it to the Super Bowl to foil the Pats again. I guess you have to fixate on something to get thru the season.

I mean, I'm fine with Rex doing it instead in the AFCCG. :)

Wow...  just Wow.   This is one of  the most disgusting things you've posted yet.  Seriously..???    

Wow... just Wow. This is one of the most disgusting things you've posted yet. Seriously..???

I agree. It is incredible how some come here to antagonize other fans. So many of their posts are distateful and offensive. There is a Pats forum where they can post that stuff.

My apologies to anyone I may have offended with my post. I was characterizing this thread which is full of Giants sentiment which has also been prevalent on other threads as well. 

I do have to say though I am confused by the outrage over the JPP hamburger helper hand comment as this thread, http://forums.colts.com/topic/41726-jpp-back-to-the-giants/?hl=+jason +pierre +paul  had much worse posts on his condition than what I posted here yet no outrage whatsoever.

My apologies to anyone I may have offended with my post. I was characterizing this thread which is full of Giants sentiment which has also been prevalent on other threads as well. 

I do have to say though I am confused by the outrage over the JPP hamburger helper hand comment as this thread, http://forums.colts.com/topic/41726-jpp-back-to-the-giants/?hl=+jason +pierre +paul  had much worse posts on his condition than what I posted here yet no outrage whatsoever.

Man, you sure ruffled a lot of feathers with that Post haha

I do have to say though I am confused by the outrage over the JPP hamburger helper hand comment as this thread, http://forums.colts.com/topic/41726-jpp-back-to-the-giants/?hl=+jason +pierre +paul had much worse posts on his condition than what I posted here yet no outrage whatsoever.

I think it's funny

You know, I never saw that thread, but looking through it just now, it appears there was self correction (a quick tapering off) and even some voicing their distaste over a few of the comments.  Then it all blew over...  We all know JPP's situation, and what he's having to overcome.  And it's almost been a month since some of those 'jokes' were made and then stopped.  Now is not the time to bring them back to life, IMO.

But too late now, it appears.

You know, I never saw that thread, but looking through it just now, it appears there was self correction (a quick tapering off) and even some voicing their distaste over a few of the comments.  Then it all blew over...  We all know JPP's situation, and what he's having to overcome.  And it's almost been a month since some of those 'jokes' were made and then stopped.  Now is not the time to bring them back to life, IMO.

I understand. My comment was said in jest as he is wearing a huge glove on that hand to the point that some have questioned if what he is wearing is legal as he was able to bat a few balls that he may not have even been able to touch had it not been for the glove. He is obviously not the same player and he is the best defensive player on that team so that is a big blow which was really the thrust of my comment regarding the Giants chances at success this season along with their inability to close games and a porous secondary.

I understand. My comment was said in jest as he is wearing a huge glove on that hand to the point that some have questioned if what he is wearing is legal as he was able to bat a few balls that he may not have even been able to touch had it not been for the glove. He is obviously not the same player and he is the best defensive player on that team so that is a big blow which was really the thrust of my comment regarding the Giants chances at success this season along with their inability to close games and a porous secondary.

You know, if I were to comment on that in such a way, I likely would have gone the Mickey Mouse hands route.

mS8UT8-vWo7DeRihffKRAUg.jpg

Gets your point across with a character from the "Happiest Place on Earth" (a quote about Disney World from my wife and Disney themselves). And also without dredging up torn up hands thoughts (ground beef / hamburger helper) and other grim mental images.  But that's just me...

This is a disgrace to the player, and it is slander against the famous OVEN MITT!!!!

Thanks OVEN MITT!!!

0709_hamburgerhelper_630x420.jpg

Ok you guys are cracking me up, Great stuff with the Mitts! AM you should've known this was coming LOL. Just cracked open a beer, here with the family. Drinking and eating and watching Football is on the agenda for today.  Happy Thanksgiving everyone. 

Happy Thanksgiving to you too!  Love this holiday. Family, friends and football!  Does not get any better.

Cheers!

Ok you guys are cracking me up, Great stuff with the Mitts! AM you should've known this was coming LOL. Just cracked open a beer, here with the family. Drinking and eating and watching Football is on the agenda for today.  Happy Thanksgiving everyone. 

Thank you.  Have fun.  We have the family over this year...late...at 5:00 PM.  I need to wait for adult beverages :(  :)

I love how you guys are hoping and praying that a lousy 5-5 Giants team that has major issues closing games, its best defender in a hamburger helper glove because he is missing digits and a terrible secondary on top is going to make it to the Super Bowl to foil the Pats again. I guess you have to fixate on something to get thru the season.

Giants were lousy in 2007 too ( 9-7) and Pats were 16-0 and this Pats are not even any good compared to 2007.

I don't even think Pats beat Bengals.

Giants were lousy in 2007 too ( 9-7) and Pats were 16-0 and this Pats are not even any good compared to 2007.

I don't even think Pats beat Bengals.

Their team rankings this year are much worse than either 07 and 11. And the NFC as a conference is much better this year than the AFC.

Their team rankings this year are much worse than either 07 and 11. And the NFC as a conference is much better this year than the AFC.

No one gave them a chance to beat Brett Favre or Aaron Rodgers in GB or Jim Harbaugh's 49ers.

The same logic applies to Pats too. Average OL and losing key players.

No one gave them a chance to beat Brett Favre or Aaron Rodgers in GB or Jim Harbaugh's 49ers.

The same logic applies to Pats too. Average OL and losing key players.

I am not sure this team will win the division much less beat the other top teams. They play Skins for first place on Sunday and then the Cowboys are only 2 back in loss column. They for sure can make it but they are team with a ton of issues compared to the other NFC power house teams.

Pats are 10-0. They will be in playoffs but no guarantee of SB with injuries. I just want them to get there. Could care less who they play. Will be a tough game regardless as all of their SBs have been decided by 4 points or less.

I am not sure this team will win the division much less beat the other top teams. They play Skins for first place on Sunday and then the Cowboys are only 2 back in loss column. They for sure can make it but they are team with a ton of issues compared to the other NFC power house teams.

Pats are 10-0. They will be in playoffs but no guarantee of SB with injuries. I just want them to get there. Could care less who they play. Will be a tough game regardless as all of their SBs have been decided by 4 points or less.

This week against the Skins will give us an idea about Giants. They have gotten Nicks back. If their secondary stops dropping INTs and start tackling, they will be hard to beat.

Eli starts playing in December.

Peyton played well vs. GB and played pretty well against the Colts. If Buffalo had a better offense, they would have beaten NE. If the Broncos can win this week, I think the Pats will end up with the second seed. Either way, I think the Steelers, Broncos or Colts can go into NE and win, given the Pats injuries.

It would be nice to see Peyton go out with a trophy, if the Colts can win it.

People talk about his arm being shot but most of his issues have to do with his feet/legs. If he gets healed, Denver could win it all.

Even if the Patriots lose Sunday , who else will they lose to?

As much as I have been tough on #4 as a WI resident, I'm looking forward to Favre getting his jersey number retired at Lambeau Field on Thanksgiving night on NBC. A well deserved honor. Congrats Brett!  

I'll be honest with you and everyone here, Even though I'm not a Peyton fan only because once a player leave's I always put my love and attention to Colts only not players, But I will say and ask this? Did everyone watch just now Brett Farve retiring his number?

On this thread here I say It times to give it up Peyton  and it time to come HOME!! It's time to come Home and Retire a COLTS!!!

And just like you saw for Farve I would be there with Arms wide open saying there's no place like home,  there's no place like home, there's no place like home, there's no place like home, Welcome Home Peyton!!! Waaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think this it for Peyton, having said that if he gets healthy and Denver doesn't play him they have no chance in the Playoffs. With him healthy they can still win the SB IMO. It would be between them and the Pats more than likely.

Wasn't he healthy at the beginning od the season? He looked terrifically terrible.

As a fan I would be devastated if you don't roll with them. That's your

Team.

On other news, so Cowboys and Eagles

Still catching on G men?.

Redskins play them for first place this Sunday and Giants still have Panthers left. Probably comes down to those two teams now that Romo is out.

Somebody needs some more pumpkin pie....