Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Inactives vs Broncos

TKnight24

Colts WR TY Hilton, questionable with foot injury and said to be a game-time decision, is not expected to play today vs. Denver, per source.

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter)

November 8, 2015

Colts WR TY Hilton, questionable with foot injury and said to be a game-time decision, is not expected to play today vs. Denver, per source.

I'll have the full list when it gets announced by Head Honcho Irsay

Or if someone beats me to it, place it here

:thanks:

Ideally you would love for him to play but if he doesn't for this game I was already thinking we would be better served to focus more on the tight ends. Go big with multiple tight ends in the passing and running game. Establish the run and leverage play action. To me you can be physical with Denvers front and win some matchups there. Get them to bring their big personnel on the field and pass against that. I think Denver is a team that is more effective against you on obvious passing downs and formations where you are using multiple wideouts. They want to use all those DBs they have to blanket your passing game and utilize those speed rushers. Using our big personnel on those speed rushers in the running game with some effective power runs I think will work and you develop your passing game from there against lesser cover men using play action, slants and other plays deep and short.

Ideally you would love for him to play but if he doesn't for this game I was already thinking we would be better served to focus more on the tight ends. Go big with multiple tight ends in the passing and running game. Establish the run and leverage play action. To me you can be physical with Denvers front and win some matchups there. Get them to bring their big personnel on the field and pass against that. I think Denver is a team that is more effective against you on obvious passing downs and formations where you are using multiple wideouts. They want to use all those DBs they have to blanket your passing game and utilize those speed rushers. Using our big personnel on those speed rushers in the running game with some effective power runs I think will work and you develop your passing game from there against lesser cover men using play action, slants and other plays deep and short.

I agree.

The Broncos D is a bit like the 49ers D at their peak, don't come off the field for no huddle and play the same nickel personnel. However, their weakness is TJ Ward's pass coverage which will not be exploited if we choose to run more where he excels in run stoppage like a LB. Teams that use TEs and RBs extensively in passing will pose the most problems for the Broncos. No two ways about it, Luck has to look for Fleener and Allen early and often. Their DL is underrated in run stoppage but they can have a tendency to not set the edge well and runs outside the tackles need to be called.

I agree.

The Broncos D is a bit like the 49ers D at their peak, don't come off the field for no huddle and play the same nickel personnel. However, their weakness is TJ Ward's pass coverage which will not be exploited if we choose to run more where he excels in run stoppage like a LB. Teams that use TEs and RBs extensively in passing will pose the most problems for the Broncos. No two ways about it, Luck has to look for Fleener and Allen early and often. Their DL is underrated in run stoppage but they can have a tendency to not set the edge well and runs outside the tackles need to be called.

Good response although I think the best medicine for an over aggressive run defending safety who is a mediocre pass defender is the play action pass which you know he will bite on resulting in chunk plays. Can't exploit that if you are not running.

Colts Inactives: 15 Dorsett 34 Robinson 35 Thomas 55 Irving 71 Good 79 Herremans 99 Winn

— Jim Irsay (@JimIrsay)

November 8, 2015

Colts Inactives:

15 Dorsett

34 Robinson

35 Thomas

55 Irving

71 Good

79 Herremans

99 Winn

T.Y. Hilton is active. A definite pleasant surprise for Colts fans

— Kevin Bowen (@KBowenColts)

November 8, 2015

T.Y. Hilton is active. A definite pleasant surprise for Colts fans

TY Hilton is active for the Colts. Go figure. Let's see what he can do after being out literally all week.

— Stephen Holder (@HolderStephen)

November 8, 2015

TY Hilton is active for the Colts. Go figure. Let's see what he can do after being out literally all week.

Essentially would have three WRs: Andre Johnson, Donte Moncrief, Griff Whalen. Tight ends can line up out wide of course.

— Stephen Holder (@HolderStephen)

November 8, 2015

Essentially would have three WRs: Andre Johnson, Donte Moncrief, Griff Whalen. Tight ends can line up out wide of course.