Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

SACK (the season) FOR HACK

WoolMagnet

I live in Pa. I'm hearing all over the place that the Texans want the Penn state QB Hackenberg. Bradley recruited him at Penn State before he classlessly left after throwing around promises to all those kids.

I haven't heard this on a national level, has anyone else? Would make sense.

That would give the division 4 young exciting prospects for the future. This division should get interesting in the NEAR future.

Always enjoy having a chance to vent.....since I will always believe dumping a Hall of fame QB to the curb, was one of the un-classiest moves in the history of any sport and have to add, anybody is who sees it any different is kidding themselves and don't care to debate that any further....and move on to the subject at hand....I was born 30 minutes outside the PSU campus and watched Hackenburg light it up as a freshman and was thinking, he may be better than Luck- then watched him not look very good,since, for various reasons and wonder , how good will he be in the NFL....have to go backtrack to make a point, if the Colts had kept #18 and the roughly everybody on the team that was rated higher than a backup and played it out, instead of dumping all of them to that same curb and not drafted Luck, then we would be looking for the next great QB (in the 2016 draft) and as "luck" would have it, Hackenburg would be sitting there, late in the first round when our selection came up, based on the great success we had by keeping the team together and I would be elated-since any knowledgable football fan knows, having a nittany lion on your roster is the key to sucess (just another in a long line of mistakes made by the current GM) and how does the story go...the rest is history...................time will tell how good Hackenburg can and will be in the pros, but he looked great as a freshman  and I don't think great players, forget how to be great....there was another PA QB, who struggled at the end of his college career and lasted until the last pick in the first round and had a decent NFL career, I think his name was Marino.

Always enjoy having a chance to vent.....since I will always believe dumping a Hall of fame QB to the curb, was one of the un-classiest moves in the history of any sport and have to add, anybody is who sees it any different is kidding themselves and don't care to debate that any further....and move on to the subject at hand....I was born 30 minutes outside the PSU campus and watched Hackenburg light it up as a freshman and was thinking, he may be better than Luck- then watched him not look very good,since, for various reasons and wonder , how good will he be in the NFL....have to go backtrack to make a point, if the Colts had kept #18 and the roughly everybody on the team that was rated higher than a backup and played it out, instead of dumping all of them to that same curb and not drafted Luck, then we would be looking for the next great QB (in the 2016 draft) and as "luck" would have it, Hackenburg would be sitting there, late in the first round when our selection came up, based on the great success we had by keeping the team together and I would be elated-since any knowledgable football fan knows, having a nittany lion on your roster is the key to sucess (just another in a long line of mistakes made by the current GM) and how does the story go...the rest is history...................time will tell how good Hackenburg can and will be in the pros, but he looked great as a freshman and I don't think great players, forget how to be great....there was another PA QB, who struggled at the end of his college career and lasted until the last pick in the first round and had a decent NFL career, I think his name was Marino.

A lot wrong with this post. But I'm not going back over the manning stuff.

Darrel green was the last pick in the 83 draft.

Always enjoy having a chance to vent.....since I will always believe dumping a Hall of fame QB to the curb, was one of the un-classiest moves in the history of any sport and have to add, anybody is who sees it any different is kidding themselves and don't care to debate that any further....and move on to the subject at hand....I was born 30 minutes outside the PSU campus and watched Hackenburg light it up as a freshman and was thinking, he may be better than Luck- then watched him not look very good,since, for various reasons and wonder , how good will he be in the NFL....have to go backtrack to make a point, if the Colts had kept #18 and the roughly everybody on the team that was rated higher than a backup and played it out, instead of dumping all of them to that same curb and not drafted Luck, then we would be looking for the next great QB (in the 2016 draft) and as "luck" would have it, Hackenburg would be sitting there, late in the first round when our selection came up, based on the great success we had by keeping the team together and I would be elated-since any knowledgable football fan knows, having a nittany lion on your roster is the key to sucess (just another in a long line of mistakes made by the current GM) and how does the story go...the rest is history...................time will tell how good Hackenburg can and will be in the pros, but he looked great as a freshman  and I don't think great players, forget how to be great....there was another PA QB, who struggled at the end of his college career and lasted until the last pick in the first round and had a decent NFL career, I think his name was Marino.

Yeah I don't want to debate this but we made the right move by letting Peyton go and signing Luck. It saved us a ton of money under the Cap, Luck hasn't been Great but Very Good and he has 10 more years of Football left at least. I love Peyton just as much as anyone and you see how I brag about Denver if you read my Posts but the right move was made. Peyton is probably going to retire at the end of the season and this Hack dude isn't near the QB Luck is. Even if Denver wins the SB this season, the right move was made because if Denver wins it all, a lot will have to do with their Defense anyway. Luck 11-5 first 3 seasons and 3 Playoff wins already, please don't let a mini 4 game slump skew your judgement.

Yeah I don't want to debate this but we made the right move by letting Peyton go and signing Luck. It saved us a ton of money under the Cap, Luck hasn't been Great but Very Good and he has 10 more years of Football left at least. I love Peyton just as much as anyone and you see how I brag about Denver if you read my Posts but the right move was made. Peyton is probably going to retire at the end of the season and this Hack dude isn't near the QB Luck is. Even if Denver wins the SB this season, the right move was made because if Denver wins it all, a lot will have to do with their Defense anyway. Luck 11-5 first 3 seasons and 3 Playoff wins already, please don't let a mini 4 game slump skew your judgement.

Gold Star on that last sentence, man. To add : a) injury b) excessive penalties & turnovers c) multiple poor play calling et.al

Luck will emerge from all of this much wiser & healthier. So will the rest of the team. When? Hope it's in time to save the season. If not,

next year will look completely different for the better. Cannot see this organization letting him go by the wayside for another season. He's too darn valuable of a product to let it happen over and over. And the powers that be, know that 100%.

I wont get into the Manning debate anymore, been there done that about 1,000 times and about 998 of them agree with you.

When I saw Hackenburg as a freshman, I thought he had the chance of being great in the NFL and just because he has been struggling hasn't changed my opinion too much

When Luck was drafted I made it known I think he will retire as the best QB in NFL history ( and for the record still would not have dumped Manning and drafted Luck) you can it a mini slump and that well could be, but what I have seen this year is a QB who , without the hype , may not be an NFL starter (based on his production) but much like Hackenburg as a freshman- you either have it or you don't and if you do, it doesn't dissapear.

I will admit I am 100% biased....a PSU QB or a Stanford grad..................PSU, all day-everyday

I wont get into the Manning debate anymore, been there done that about 1,000 times and about 998 of them agree with you.

When I saw Hackenburg as a freshman, I thought he had the chance of being great in the NFL and just because he has been struggling hasn't changed my opinion too much

When Luck was drafted I made it known I think he will retire as the best QB in NFL history ( and for the record still would not have dumped Manning and drafted Luck) you can it a mini slump and that well could be, but what I have seen this year is a QB who , without the hype , may not be an NFL starter (based on his production) but much like Hackenburg as a freshman- you either have it or you don't and if you do, it doesn't dissapear.

I will admit I am 100% biased....a PSU QB or a Stanford grad..................PSU, all day-everyday

Yeah, no thanks. Penn state has never been considered a hother bed first qbs. Blackledge and Collins are the only two that come to mind

Gold Star on that last sentence, man. To add : a) injury b) excessive penalties & turnovers c) multiple poor play calling et.al

Luck will emerge from all of this much wiser & healthier. So will the rest of the team. When? Hope it's in time to save the season. If not,

next year will look completely different for the better. Cannot see this organization letting him go by the wayside for another season. He's too darn valuable of a product to let it happen over and over. And the powers that be, know that 100%.

Luck will be fine. There is a lot of things going on with our team right now. The Pagano/Grigs rift definitely could be the cause of a lot of our problems IF THERE IS ONE. Pep's play calling and Andrew not being 100% is part of it too, probably the main part of it to go along with a suspect O.Line that gets a ton of penalties killing drives. If you look at Andrew's stats and Cam's stats they are virtually even but yet everyone in the media and most fans think Cam is playing outstanding and Andrew bad. It's called having a Defense, Carolina has a great one, we don't and that is another problem.

Yeah, no thanks. Penn state has never been considered a hother bed first qbs. Blackledge and Collins are the only two that come to mind

What college is a QB hotbed?

Look around the league, i see randomness.

I've heard talk of Hackenberg going earlier in tirst. Maybe its local bias.

In all honesty, I would have rather tried to carve upside out of Ryan Mallett or Tom Savage than waste a 2nd round pick (or a 1st? lol) on Hackenberg...

Maybe he has Alex Smith type of upside...maybe...but certainly not worth a strong look high in this or any draft...

But if that's Houston's pick, it's certainly to our benefit I have to believe...

Colts were lucky to get Luck right after Manning. pun intended?  How often has a team gone straight from one top franchise QB to another?  Steve Young but he was on the bench for a while.

Anyone think of another team that has had that opportunity?

Colts were lucky to get Luck right after Manning. pun intended?  How often has a team gone straight from one top franchise QB to another?  Steve Young but he was on the bench for a while.

Anyone think of another team that has had that opportunity?

Packers might be the luckiest of all Farve to Rodgers.

I don't agree with all this, but I was one who wanted the team to keep Manning and trade the "Luck" pick.   Teams were offering us Hershall Walker-type deals.  

But in my opinion, letting him go for Luck wasn't a bad move either.