Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Steelers are dark horses

Jules

They hung close with the Pats week 1 and shot themselves in the foot many times.

They probably should not have lost to the Ravens.

And with QB injuries they manage to get by the Chargers and shock the Cardinals.

Keep an eye on these guys, they could be the team nobody wants to play in January if they get in and when Ben gets back later.

I wouldn't even call them dark horses. They're what? 4-2 now and when Ben gets back maybe next week they'll be one of the best teams in the NFL. They're definitely making the playoffs. Only question is if they win the division or a wildcard.

The Steelers will not catch up with the Bengals. The Bengals will beat the Cardinals too and the Steelers have yet to play the Seahawks who they will play on the road after the bye week following thanksgiving. If Big Ben is back then, he may still be rusty and I do think they are the #5 seed wild card. Besides, the Bengals do not play the Patriots and both teams are yet to play the Broncos.

The Steelers will not catch up with the Bengals. The Bengals will beat the Cardinals too and the Steelers have yet to play the Seahawks who they will play on the road after the bye week following thanksgiving. If Big Ben is back then, he may still be rusty and I do think they are the #5 seed wild card. Besides, the Bengals do not play the Patriots and both teams are yet to play the Broncos.

Pit will sweep the Bengals if Ben makes that first Cinci game.  Everyone is crowning the Bengals way way way too soon.  Pit hasn't even played a game with their complete lineup yet and have one of the best records in the AFC...  

Shazier is a top 5 player on their defense, Bell is the best back in the game, Ben is a top 5 QB in the league and Bryant is going to be explosive this year and the Steelers have missed one of these players every game this season. 

I am more fearful of Cincy than Denver.

Yeah, you guys will smash Denver. Or at least win pretty easily. Cincy would give you all a good game but I'd still put my money on the Pats. IMO it'll be the Pats and Packers in the Super Bowl. That's the 2 best teams in the NFL IMO.

If Big Ben can come back at around 100% then the Steelers will be the clear cut #2 to me in the AFC. Bengals have done this the past few seasons now -- hot start followed by a flame-out in the playoffs. Until they show they can win a playoff game I don't think they deserve to be mentioned as AFC contenders regardless of what their seed ends up being.

I think the Steelers and perhaps the Chargers (if they can get in to the playoffs) are the main threats to NE winning the AFC. The Broncos offense just cannot move the ball well enough and I think NE specifically is equipped to handle a defense like theirs.

The steelers are the team to beat in the afc once all their pieces are together. If they had bell and bryant in the first game of the season the patriots would have lost. Steelers will have the most explosive offense in football when big ben returns.