Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Peyton Manning For Gm

CoachLite

Let's say that Peyton's neck is "problematic", not only from a football performance perspective, but for his long term qualtiy of life. Peyton Manning understands the game of football better than most coaches. He understands players - those on his team, and those who may be, or should be, on the team - very well. He would probably be a better GM than he is a quarterback - and I think we can all agree the he is an excellent quarterback.

Transitioning to different roles in life isn't easy. But hopefully, Peyton will continue with excellence as his career evolves. I hope that will be with the Colts.

Let's say that Peyton's neck is "problematic", not only from a football performance perspective, but for his long term qualtiy of life. Peyton Manning understands the game of football better than most coaches. He understands players - those on his team, and those who may be, or should be, on the team - very well. He would probably be a better GM than he is a quarterback - and I think we can all agree the he is an excellent quarterback.

Transitioning to different roles in life isn't easy. But hopefully, Peyton will continue with excellence as his career evolves. I hope that will be with the Colts.

I don't think he will have time to be a GM because his time will be filled with creating peace in the middle east, curing cancer, and fixing both the political and economic issues we face today. So many problems, so little time...

GM is way too much of a jump, nothing suggests he would be good at managing personnel.

He is very good at dissecting defenses, preparing gameplans, and running practices. He's OC material. Manning as Lucks OC would be phenomenal!

Really?! Seriously?! Peyton as GM?! I'm sorry, but get real.

Make no mistake, this was a serious proposal. Peyton has the advantage of growing up with the game of football - all aspects. Unfortunately, his only GM "archetype" is Bill Polian, but that cuts both ways - good and bad. There are other members of the FO that have been "exemplars" for him too.

Peyton can do anything he wants after his career ends as a player, but it is never too early to start planning. His knowledge and love for the game could serve him - and the Colts - very well. The strategic part seems to come naturally to him. We'll see how silly this sounds after 5 or 10 years.

Make no mistake, this was a serious proposal. Peyton has the advantage of growing up with the game of football - all aspects. Unfortunately, his only GM "archetype" is Bill Polian, but that cuts both ways - good and bad. There are other members of the FO that have been "exemplars" for him too.

Peyton can do anything he wants after his career ends as a player, but it is never too early to start planning. His knowledge and love for the game could serve him - and the Colts - very well. The strategic part seems to come naturally to him. We'll see how silly this sounds after 5 or 10 years.

Ok, if you're saying for the future I could see that happening. Peyton majored in Sports Management, so that seems feasible.I took it as you saying he should become our GM now. To me that would just be silly.