Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Jeff Foster In Running For Colt's Gm Position.

CjMcGirt23

or we should not let chris polian go.

Hope that's a joke.

What's so wrong with Chris Polian? From what he did in the 2011 offseason, I like him. I really like our draft, and I like the way we approached free agency. Wish we had signed a safety, but there wasn't enough cap space. If he had to go as part of the housecleaning, then fine. I'm not campaigning for him. Just think that based on what we have to grade, he did a decent job.

What's so wrong with Chris Polian? From what he did in the 2011 offseason, I like him. I really like our draft, and I like the way we approached free agency. Wish we had signed a safety, but there wasn't enough cap space. If he had to go as part of the housecleaning, then fine. I'm not campaigning for him. Just think that based on what we have to grade, he did a decent job.

Yeah he did a great job putting together a 2-14 team.

Clearly it wasn't enough to save his job and based on the reports that have come out since yesterday (including Mort who is a friend of Bill Polian today on 1070) Chris Polian had been in charge longer than any of us thought and had a lot to do with the poorer drafts in recent memory.

Look I am not going to sit here and act like I know a lot about Chris Polian and how the Colts are run and I don't think anyone on this forum does. What I do know is that Jim Irsay is in a far better poistion than any of us to judge if there were real questions about Chris Polian and he didn't seem comfortable going forward with him or he would not have fired him. Even if the main issue was Bill and not Chris if Irsay would have just released Bill or talked him into retirement and handed things over to Chris Polian. So clearly anyway you cut it Irsay was not comfrotable with Chris Polian going forward.

Wow no kidding you really can't find any info on him.

That's going to be the thing if the Colts are going to go after a younger guy and a newer guy there might not be much information on them. Unlike coaches MOST up and coming GM prospects don't have a lot of info on them. Yes sure you might have the guy like the Packers or Ravens guys that stick out but they are the execptions to the rule and only tend to get noticed when your team has an opening at GM.

Yeah he did a great job putting together a 2-14 team.

Are you seriously gonna try to blame that on Chris Polian? lol.... thats like a groupy being sent on stage to take the hits from flying tomatos... if anything the players CP added HELPED the colts.... players like anderson, brayton, nevis, AC, sims... guys like that... i agree with the move of firing him though, dont want any Polian on the payroll.

Clearly it wasn't enough to save his job and based on the reports that have come out since yesterday (including Mort who is a friend of Bill Polian today on 1070) Chris Polian had been in charge longer than any of us thought and had a lot to do with the poorer drafts in recent memory.

Look I am not going to sit here and act like I know a lot about Chris Polian and how the Colts are run and I don't think anyone on this forum does. What I do know is that Jim Irsay is in a far better poistion than any of us to judge if there were real questions about Chris Polian and he didn't seem comfortable going forward with him or he would not have fired him. Even if the main issue was Bill and not Chris if Irsay would have just released Bill or talked him into retirement and handed things over to Chris Polian. So clearly anyway you cut it Irsay was not comfrotable with Chris Polian going forward.

Right.

I'm not trying to replay the past. I don't care that Chris Polian was fired. Like I said, I'm not campaigning for him. I just don't think there was very much to dislike about him, unless you believe the Kravitz hit piece. As far as we know, he was responsible for the 2011 decisions with regard to the draft and free agency, and I thought he did a good job. I really liked the draft, and I like the Sims, Anderson and Brayton signings.

If his influence was deeper than we've been led to believe, then that would probably mean that the elder was covering up for him these past couple years. Bill came out and admitted that the Hughes and Brown picks were mistakes, in hindsight, and took the blame for them. He said he felt vindicated when Painter was playing decently earlier in the year. I suppose that's all possible.

I've just been under the impression that Chris really took on more of a role in the past year or two. Maybe that's not accurate. I don't know. I'm happy to acquiesce to Jim Irsay, and I'm glad he's taking care of business as he best sees fit.

Are you seriously gonna try to blame that on Chris Polian? lol.... thats like a groupy being sent on stage to take the hits from flying tomatos... if anything the players CP added HELPED the colts.... players like anderson, brayton, nevis, AC, sims... guys like that... i agree with the move of firing him though, dont want any Polian on the payroll.

I didn't blame anything on him. But as a GM he is responsible for the teams personal and it just so happens that the personal he put together went 2-14. Just stating the facts.

I didn't blame anything on him. But as a GM he is responsible for the teams personal and it just so happens that the personal he put together went 2-14. Just stating the facts.

Those arent facts because im pretty sure he wasnt the one to have guys like lacey, moala... mostly every person that CP has brought to this team through the 11 draft and FA have contributed in a good way... id say that was a good start to me.

Those arent facts because im pretty sure he wasnt the one to have guys like lacey, moala... mostly every person that CP has brought to this team through the 11 draft and FA have contributed in a good way... id say that was a good start to me.

He's had control much longer than just this last draft. Not officially but he's had his hand in the draft cookie jar for awhile now.

I'm not saying that he is the reason for the 2-14 season but him not being a factor couldn't be further from the truth.

Word is the Collins debacle was a CP job. Lets see you waste $4 million of your companies money and not be held accountable. Just sayin....

There's still one more Polian on the staff. His name escapes me at the moment, but I believe he deals in personnel though.

He's had control much longer than just this last draft. Not officially but he's had his hand in the draft cookie jar for awhile now.

I'm not saying that he is the reason for the 2-14 season but him not being a factor couldn't be further from the truth.

What i got was you were trying to blame him for the way the colts are right now, the one huge mistake i can recall from CP was Tony ugoh and kerry collins, every GM hits and miss but CP's record was pretty good at hitting for the short time he was officially a GM... if there is anyone to blame for how the colts are right now that blame goes to his father BP, neglecting the defense and not having a veteran or prepared backup.

There's still one more Polian on the staff. His name escapes me at the moment, but I believe he deals in personnel though.

I think there is too but not too sure, i know theres one on the standford staff but forgot the other left on the colts staff "if hes still there"

Chris Polian was directly responsible for the decision to trade for the right to draft Ugoh when every report on Ugoh said that he had immense talent, but was a head case and not committed to football. That and a number of people other than Kravitz have said that Chris was responsible for dismantling the scouting system that had led to so many great decisions and was a key reason that Moore and Mudd "retired." That should tell you enough about Chris.

I think there is too but not too sure, i know theres one on the standford staff but forgot the other left on the colts staff "if hes still there"

Hes still here. His name is Dennis. He's directory of football admin.

Smitto, I got you all up in my face brah. Liking the new avatar

Hes still here. His name is Dennis. He's directory of football admin.

Smitto, I got you all up in my face brah. Liking the new avatar

Aww yea thats his name, i wonder how he feels now seeing both polians are gone, and thanks man.