Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

All Rookie PFF Stats/Grades through 3 weeks.

Dustin

What variables do they use for WR stats? If Dorsett is number one then it would have to be based on separation and Yards per reception.

Only way that Cooper would be that low.

I was kind of questioning that myself.  How could Cooper be that low and be putting up the stats he's been putting up??

I was kind of questioning that myself. How could Cooper be that low and be putting up the stats he's been putting up??

He had a bad first game receiving wise. A few drops. As you can in the chart, penalties and run blocking bring him down overall grade wise. You can see his receiving grade is fine.

What variables do they use for WR stats? If Dorsett is number one then it would have to be based on separation and Yards per reception.

Only way that Cooper would be that low.

These aren't stats, they're grades. Subjective, based on observation of each player. Stuff like drops and fumbles affect those grades, but I'm not sure how.

Cooper has been very productive, but theoretically speaking, he could make 5 huge plays a game, and then totally suck for another 45 snaps. His PFF grade would reflect every snap, not just his statistical impact. 

These aren't stats, they're grades. Subjective, based on observation of each player. Stuff like drops and fumbles affect those grades, but I'm not sure how.

Cooper has been very productive, but theoretically speaking, he could make 5 huge plays a game, and then totally suck for another 45 snaps. His PFF grade would reflect every snap, not just his statistical impact.

So it grades players on observations on each of their snaps? Okay, I was wondering how they got the number crunch.

But I'd still like to know about what they use to grade each prospect. What specifically are they grading WRs on per snap?

If it's a really complicated formula, a link will suffice lol. I'm just curious.

So it grades players on observations on each of their snaps? Okay, I was wondering how they got the number crunch.

But I'd still like to know about what they use to grade each prospect. What specifically are they grading WRs on per snap?

If it's a really complicated formula, a link will suffice lol. I'm just curious.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/about/how-we-grade/