Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

The One Bright Spot

crazycolt1

He has 14 tackles and he's not leading the league. He is a stud and one of very few bright spots though. 

In his position he is leading in tackles. There is not one lineman that has more tackles. He is listed as a DE but that is not what I have been seeing. All the players who have more tackles are linebackers or defensive backs. I guess I should have been more explanatory in my comment? :)

Depite being 2-0 there are several bright spots so far this year:

• Anderson
  • Parry (I'm not as high on him as some but I'm becoming a fan)
  • Moncrief... I'm come on it and he was getting open and separation against Revis.
  • Holmes has solidified that center spot (yes I know what PFF says about him but PFF wouldn't know who to assign a QB pressure to if it fell from the sky landed on their faces and started to wiggle)
  • AC & Mewhort - Should provide the Colts tackles for years... It will be great to have consistency at those two spots.
  • Adams - He has played well in both games so he doesn't look like he's going to be a one year wonder for the Colts.
  • Patty Mac is punting the ball as well as ever... I just wish he would get a few less opportunities.

• Anderson
  • Moncrief... I'm come on it and he was getting open and separation against Revis.
  • Holmes has solidified that center spot (yes I know what PFF says about him but PFF wouldn't know who to assign a QB pressure to if it fell from the sky landed on their faces and started to wiggle)
  • AC & Mewhort - Should provide the Colts tackles for years... It will be great to have consistency at those two spots.
  • Adams - He has played well in both games so he doesn't look like he's going to be a one year wonder for the Colts.
  • Patty Mac is punting the ball as well as ever... I just wish he would get a few less opportunities.

the O Line is almost there....just need to get the guard situation.....but then again, playing to what the D gives you instead of forcing long developing plays all the time against an aggressive front 7 doesn't help.

Anderson is a monster so far and in a way Jones getting hurt is a blessing in disguise for him.

D line as a whole is turning into the "monster" they envisioned.

I will also say that perhaps playing 2 of the best D's in the league so early in the season is a good way to see what needs to be worked on for late in the season.

instead of realizing it in the playoffs when it's too late.

<p>

• Anderson

6/7

I think saying Holmes has solidified anything is an extreme overstatement. The guards surrounding him deserve much of the blame but Holmes is far from innocent. And, yes, I saw PFFs grades but that just reaffirmed what I already saw.

But, hey! At least we're consistent with the garbage line. Because being consistent is more important than fielding the best line, right?

6/7

I think saying Holmes has solidified anything is an extreme overstatement. The guards surrounding him deserve much of the blame but Holmes is far from innocent. And, yes, I saw PFFs grades but that just reaffirmed what I already saw.

But, hey! At least we're consistent with the garbage line. Because being consistent is more important than fielding the best line, right?

That's alright, it's ok for you to be wrong. :)

Maybe its the homer in me but I really feel we will get this going, even with Peps ignorant play calling and subs. Frank gets some rhythm going and he takes him out or calls a tackle eligible pass. It just doesn't make any sense. We drafted two tight ends back to back rounds and don't even use them, its a joke that our tackle has as many targets as Fleener. Really unfortunate he didn't get a HC job last year. My bright spots are the same, Henry, Parry, Gore and Adams. If this offense gets going, we might have something.

Maybe its the homer in me but I really feel we will get this going, even with Peps ignorant play calling and subs. Frank gets some rhythm going and he takes him out or calls a tackle eligible pass. It just doesn't make any sense. We drafted two tight ends back to back rounds and don't even use them, its a joke that our tackle has as many targets as Fleener. Really unfortunate he didn't get a HC job last year. My bright spots are the same, Henry, Parry, Gore and Adams. If this offense gets going, we might have something.

Josh Robinson has no business taking any carries from Gore, unless Gore needs a breather. I would understand the "save Gore" philosophy if we had a game well in hand or had a worthy backup, like Bradshaw. Robinson's vision is questionable to me and he doesn't quite look ready to run with the big boys.

Can we put Pep on IR?

Or at least trade all the players he doesn't use for players he would use.