Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Patriots Vs Steelers Who Ya Got?

RockThatBlue

I probably won't watch this game, another big Brady love fest from Collinsworth and watching those obnoxious Bostonians strut their man/woman crush for Brady in every possible way, I don't want any part of that :).

I will get the box score in fantasy football though :).

I probably won't watch this game, another big Brady love fest from Collinsworth and watching those obnoxious Bostonians strut their man/woman crush for Brady in every possible way, I don't want any part of that :).

I will get the box score in fantasy football though :).

LOL. So true. Collinsworth does have a big man crush on all things Pats.

You're gonna need more cowbell. 

You probably know already that I don't think very much of the Pats defense this year. We'll see how they prove me wrong, but on paper, it's not good. Even without Bell, I don't think they can stop the Steelers.

Yeah, I am not high on the back end this year at all BUT Butler has looked great all summer. We will see if he can translate that into the regular season. If he can, then that will help the secondary immensely.

Yeah, I am not high on the back end this year at all BUT Butler has looked great all summer. We will see if he can translate that into the regular season. If he can, then that will help the secondary immensely.

Something about recent defensive SB heros/mvps seems like those guys have their moment of glory then fade away. Malcom Smith, Dexter Jackson, and Larry Brown...it's hard to say if Butler's career will live up to that play or if that was his one shining moment...kinda like David Tyree. Time will tell...he seems humble and hungry to learn so I will root for him but to suddenly have to replace Revis...thats big shoes.

If the Steelers can ride out the initial wave of emotion surrounding all the "stuff" and stay close, it should be a good game. If NE comes out firing on all cylinders it will be over early, IMO. The Pats D isn't what it was last year, and it's the first game. They'll improve as the season goes on, history shows that. But first games are tough to predict. I see them winning but Pittsburgh makes it a game. Being at Gillette helps a ton (Colts fans know this all too well)

Gonna stick this here wherr hopefully no one sees it: The football junkie in me is compelled to watch Do Your Job and America's Game. Ugh.

IceWolf started a thread on Do Your Job if you feel like posting your thoughts on it there. Would love your take on what was shared on it as I found it riveting. If you don't feel so inclined to share there please PM me.

I can't believe this didn't occur to me earlier. Everybody outside of Foxboro's radius is pulling for the Steelers. That means they either think Big Ben is no rapist or they don't care if he's a rapist as long as he beats the Pats. That makes every crime comparison thread, meme, joke, oe whatever null and void.

I can't believe this didn't occur to me earlier. Everybody outside of Foxboro's radius is pulling for the Steelers. That means they either think Big Ben is no rapist or they don't care if he's a rapist as long as he beats the Pats. That makes every crime comparison thread, meme, joke, oe whatever null and void.

I am not one bit surprised.

I am certain of one thing at least. When Brady and the Pats have gray area calls go against them, no one is going to raise a brow of support outside of New England. :P

Very true but if any close calls go their way then I am anticipating a mountain of hate coming from one ESPN among others ...

Patriots will win this one easy. With Leveon Bell gone, Belichick will target Antonio Brown the whole game and take away their top weapon. I'll say 35-10 Patriots.

Exactly Jared. NE always demolishes the Pittsburgh Steelers. This won't even be a contest. Honestly, I wish Ryan Clark was still playing just so NE can kick his caboose 45-7. 

0-0 tie 

I can always count on you for comic relief. I'm just funny looking [as in goofy bafoon] but you're actually funny SDS.  :P

At the end of the day, NE is still an exceptionally coached football team who make the opposing squad earn everything they get in terms of moving the ball. Deflate Gate aside, that organization always comes prepared & loaded for bear. I like Tomlin as a HC too, but at the end of the day, I will always respect the Patriots as tough as nails competitors who often have their way with my Colts & that's okay because they force INDY to get better & play mistake free football for 3 hours with zero mental lapses. 

With each new season, I flip the page & even though I will always believe Brady knew more than he will ever tell; it still doesn't negate the reality that he's an elite QB who is never done until the clock expires in the 4th QTR. I view Brady like I view film director Woody Allen. I don't defend some of his decisions away from the spotlight namely who Woody married & his direct relation to that person, but the guy is a superb filmmaker who writes the most memorable lines ever written on the silver screen because he's so smart & gifted at what he does on set. 

I like Brady on a personal level. I believe he lied about his awareness of PSI levels. However, the dude is fascinating to watch finishing drives coming from behind. Brady is money plain & simple & I will always watch him year in; year out. Will I hate the guy? No, never. Will part of me be forever disappointed in how he handled himself during this whole fiasco? Yes, sadly I will. 

Pittsburg has easily the worst defense of any team being mentioned to go to the playoffs....worst in their division and bottom few of the afc. They need to hope to control the ball and hold NE to fgs tonight. If they can score Tds to NE fgs they have a chance to keep it close. I still expect 34-23 patriots. Not much to root for tonight...I'll be cheering both teams defenses to get after both qbs but they both are not impressive so I'll probably be depressed.