Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Vick Ballard Will Play & Start Tonight

TKnight24

Yes SW1, Ballard tweaked his hammy again and you can see the frustration in his eyes. I think he knows he's done.

Is this a fact? Ballard is out for sure? I'm not doubting you C3502. I just don't live in Indianapolis & I will have to catch the game when NFL Network re-airs it later on. Shoot, I will pulling for Ballard man. Major bummer. 

Yes SW1, Ballard tweaked his hammy again and you can see the frustration in his eyes. I think he knows he's done.

Okay. Thanks for the confirmation AC17. Sigh. It is what it is I guess. I appreciated the contributions Ballard made for the Colts when he was healthy. Good luck in a new city Vick. 

Ballard is absolutely overrated on this forum. 

I wont miss him 

I understand that some INDY fans may dislike Ballard's production woes due to sustained injury issues. I get that. But, I do sympathize for a back who tried his best to stay motivated & upbeat over a long rehab period. 

I take no joy in Vick's physical frustrations at all arkana04. To each their own, I guess. 

I understand that some INDY fans may dislike Ballard's production woes due to sustained injury issues. I get that. But, I do sympathize for a back who tried his best to stay motivated & upbeat over a long rehab period. 

I take no joy in Vick's physical frustrations at all arkana04. To each their own, I guess. 

I don't think I'm going to get much agreement from anyone on this, but you don't get put in jail for your thoughts in America.I think Ballard didn't lose much from those injuries in terms of ability.  Things appear bleak for him, but I am not so sure he's 100 percent out of the door with this shoulder injury that Boom Herron obtained.  People were saying Boom had his arm in a sling after the game.  If he'll be out for a little while I could maybe see them keeping Ballard and Varga in some ways.  It was clear to me that Ballard could still play.  I mean you have to expect some hamstring stuff when you have a guy coming back off two years of inactivity.  He had the hamstring issue before the game even started so it didn't surprise me that it came back up.  If he's cut it won't be a shocker of course, but I'm not sure at this point if his goose is all the way cooked.  We'll see on Saturday I guess.

I don't think I'm going to get much agreement from anyone on this, but you don't get put in jail for your thoughts in America.I think Ballard didn't lose much from those injuries in terms of ability.  Things appear bleak for him, but I am not so sure he's 100 percent out of the door with this should injury that Boom Herron obtained.  People were saying Boom had his arm in a sling after the game.  If he'll be out for a little while I could maybe see them keeping Ballard and Varga in some ways.  It was clear to me that Ballard could still play.  I mean you have to expect some hamstring stuff when you have a guy coming back off two years of inactivity.  He had the hamstring issue before the game even started so it didn't surprise me that it came back up.  If he's cut it won't be a shocker of course, but I'm not sure at this point if his goose is all the way cooked.  We'll see on Saturday I guess.

What are you talking about. He got a gift of a shot to prove something in that game. Did you see Varga getting snaps with 1's on the OL? The stage was set up for him to make a highlight but he failed to deliver, no excuses anymore. Before saying anything go check the tape. Time to move on. There is a new sheriff in town!

What are you talking about. He got a gift of a shot to prove something in that game. Did you see Varga getting snaps with 1's on the OL? The stage was set up for him to make a highlight but he failed to deliver, no excuses anymore. Before saying anything go check the tape. Time to move on. There is a new sheriff in town!

He didn't fail to deliver anything. The guys hamstring tightened up, he was on the right track up until that point.

Nobody took anything away from Varga, and I didn't say we shouldn't keep him. 

He didn't fail to deliver anything. The guys hamstring tightened up, he was on the right track up until that point.

Nobody took anything away from Varga, and I didn't say we shouldn't keep him. 

Whatever, just be objective for crying out loud. Stop the cheerleading! Put Varga in with the 1's  and give him something other than inside run and you will get all the highlights you can handle. The stage was set for Ballard to get highlights and for Varga to fail and you can call me crazy but if you have one drop of objectivity in you ,you will go back and look at the snaps each got and tell me who was on the field at the time and what happened. Who had a gift and who had the deck stacked against them. And you are still making excuses for Ballard? If Pagano keeps him he deserves exactly what he has coming to him and I will be telling you "I told you so" when Varga is with the Pats holding up the SB trophy. Enough spinning already! All we have on this board are Ballard and Robinson cheerleaders. This team is not going anywhere with that "Mickey Mouse" OL so you better keep some tough backs on this roster or the ghost of TRich will come back to haunt you!

were you watching the game?

looking at the stats it comes off that ballard had a bad game. but if you watched the game you could tell ballarad looked like his old self. taking out the runs where the 1s on oline got blown at the line by the D, he ran really great, and looked better then boom pass catching. not to mention he had great pass blocking too whenever he had to.

this is taking nothin away from varga at all. i actually really like him too. he has alot of potential, and so does robinson.  but this oline advantage your talking about doesnt really make much sense. its the 2s or 3s lined up against their 2s or 3s. what if their 1s were better than our 1s but our 2s and 3s are better than their 2s and 3s?

either way, the only rb i really am not a huge fan of is boom. yes he played a big role late last season and , especially with the dump off passes in the flats. as a runner he really wasnt anything special to me, but he obviously was better than trich. if vick didnt get injured yest, i was convinced he would eventually take the 2 spot. hes most likely gone, so im excited to see what varga and robinson can do. i think the 2 spot is for theirs to take.