Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Your 2012 Indianapolis Colts

IndyTrav

The off-season begins now, so lets take a gander at who or what our starting team will look like come next year.

QB: Manning/Luck

RB: Brown/Carter

T:Constanzo

G:?

C: Saturday

G: Illijana?

T:?

WR1: Garcon

WR2:?

WR3: Collie

TE: Clark

DE: Freeney

DT Nevis

DT:Mola

DE: Mathis

LB:Sims

MLB:Angerer

OLB:Wheeler/Conner?

CB: Powers

CB:?

FS: Bethea

SS:?

Cant say Im realy excited at this point.

Lets see umm Pollak will take one of the guard spots. Ijalana IMO will be a tackle so theres 1 more guard spot empty. I think the other CB spot will either be lacey(ughhhhh), thomas, or someone from the draft. We MIGHT resign reggie so im not sure on the wr spot. And definiately need a ss. Your right, this doesnt excite me....

The off-season begins now, so lets take a gander at who or what our starting team will look like come next year.

QB: Manning/Luck

RB: Brown/Carter

T:Constanzo

C: Saturday

G: Illijana?

WR1: Garcon

WR2:?

WR3: Collie

TE: Clark

DE: Freeney

DT Nevis

DT:Mola

DE: Mathis

OLB:Wheeler/Conner?

CB: Powers

Cant say Im realy excited at this point.

I am. The defense we've shown the last 3 weeks will carry us to the playoffs with Manning at QB/..

..and we get 2 of the top 65 (not counting Luck) picks to fill those holes

I am. The defense we've shown the last 3 weeks will carry us to the playoffs with Manning at QB/..

Against the Titans (Hasselbeck) crippled Texans and the Jaguars?

Let's not get ahead of ourselves. Our D stinks and has substantial issues aside from our DE's, Bethea, Angerer and Powers. Nevis seems like a good fit as well so far.

That D will not "carry" us anywhere. They've "carried" us to a 2-14 season. MANNING will carry the O, D, special teams,and coaching staff to the playoffs. Probably for another 1 and done when nobody else decides to show up and contribute. Again. (2006 being the exception.)

Our special teams have proven to be, once again, the worst in the league. Our coaching staff is as well.

If the defensive scheme, coaching staff, and roster get a substantial overhaul then it's possible to go places. Right now? Just more of the same. Manning can't do it all. If he's not as good as he was pre injury, given our god awful O-line, it could be an ugly year. This team needs to improve _drastically_.

So you're saying that we cant win with this defense..

we did in 2010..and 2009 and 2008...do I have to go on?

You dont have to be sold on the 'D'//Be sold on the 'O'

oh they can win, just not the super bowl. but it would be nice to have a defense that didn't make me vomit....

I also just did mostly best case scenario. Freeney and Clark HAVE to restructure, otherwise I don't see them back. And if Garcon is wanting real money, well he'd be gone too. And if Peyton isn't here, Saturday wont be here.

QB: Luck

T: Constanzo

C:?

G:Illijana?

WR:?

WR: Collie

TE: Tamme?

DE:Anderson

DT:Nevis

DT:Mola:

DE:Freeney

OLB:Conner/Wheeler

CB:Powers (can he stay healthy?)

That looks ALOT more terrifying.

I also just did mostly best case scenario. Freeney and Clark HAVE to restructure, otherwise I don't see them back. And if Garcon is wanting real money, well he'd be gone too. And if Peyton isn't here, Saturday wont be here.

For once I agree that does look terrifying... Looks like another 2-14 season for next 3 years... Luck is a bust just like most 1st pick QB's

so you see Luck at QB being our best case senario? Peyton isnt part of our "best case"?

For once I agree that does look terrifying... Looks like another 2-14 season for next 3 years... Luck is a bust just like most 1st pick QB's

How can you declare someone a bust without ever seeing them throw an NFL pass?

#1 Pick QBS: Stafford, Palmer, E. Manning, P. Manning, Vick, Bledsoe, Aikman, Testaverde, Elway, Bartkowski, Plunkett, Bradshaw,

all went on to have good careers or are having good careers

the only ones still a work in progress are Alex Smith and Sam Bradford. Jeff George is another who didnt have a great career but not necessarily a terrible one.

Thats a pretty darn good class

look at the busts

Russell, Carr, Couch

So out of 18 #1 overall QB picks (SB Era) only 3 are officially 'busts'.

Lets see umm Pollak will take one of the guard spots. Ijalana IMO will be a tackle so theres 1 more guard spot empty. I think the other CB spot will either be lacey(ughhhhh), thomas, or someone from the draft. We MIGHT resign reggie so im not sure on the wr spot. And definiately need a ss. Your right, this doesnt excite me....

What about Reitz/ Pollack for G?

Let's keep some faith here people. We don't know HOW Luck will play, for one. Also, say we DO (somehow) go 2-14 "for the next 3 years"-- well isn't that a nice time to draft and rebuild? An NFL team does not simply go from bottom to top in one offseason. People need to be prepared for any scenario going forward. The good thing is that technically, we can only go up from here.

I must have missed the announcement that Luck is entering the Draft, that the Colts will pick him and that Manning will be healthy or still at the club.

Whilst the conjecture is forum friendly fun, we are jumping to some major conclusions. I'd be more interested to do our mock FO and Coaching staff org chart first!

I must have missed the announcement that Luck is entering the Draft, that the Colts will pick him and that Manning will be healthy or still at the club.

Whilst the conjecture is forum friendly fun, we are jumping to some major conclusions. I'd be more interested to do our mock FO and Coaching staff org chart first!

Luck will enter the draft....He's said he's lookinh forwardc to be moving on to the NFL (although he can still pull out)

Polian and Irsay have both said they'd take a QB with the first pick..and they've both said you dont trade the No.1 overall

Manning cant be traded because he has a $28 mil tab and his health is uncertain...

..and word from more thanonce soiurce is that he's 85% healthy..and throwing the ball.

Just needs to get back in shape...

But...you are correct..Its all what we've HEARD and not what we've seen...

Let's keep some faith here people. We don't know HOW Luck will play, for one. Also, say we DO (somehow) go 2-14 "for the next 3 years"-- well isn't that a nice time to draft and rebuild? An NFL team does not simply go from bottom to top in one offseason. People need to be prepared for any scenario going forward. The good thing is that technically, we can only go up from here.

Most team don't go from top to bottom either. It shows while there's some depth issues, the main problem was the lack of a capable QB.