Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Griffin As Qb?

Just saw on ESPN that Griffin is entering the draft and Mort said the Colts are willing to beat the Jags and to possibly make him our future QB. What are people's thoughts?

The thoughts of RG3 don't really excite me very much. I would rather them trade the pick and get Tannehill.

I just have one question how do we or anyone knows that these college QB can be NFL QB's? Just wondering so thought I would ask. :???:

Usually by the system(prostyle or spread) that they run in college and the quality of opponents that they've faced throughout their careers.In my opinion its easy to gauge.For example this year....

Good/great:luck,cousins,foles

Busts:griffin,tannehill

Just saw on ESPN that Griffin is entering the draft and Mort said the Colts are willing to beat the Jags and to possibly make him our future QB. What are people's thoughts?

Just Polian inflating the pick in the event we win this game and lose out on the 1st pick offering. If you can't have the first kings ransom, no sense in telling everyone else you have no interest in RGIII to decrease the bargaining power.

I just have one question how do we or anyone knows that these college QB can be NFL QB's? Just wondering so thought I would ask.

It's not a fact he might be great its just my opinion he won't be.

Tannehill will be a bust though.

I would take cousins and Moore over those two.

It's not a fact he might be great its just my opinion he won't be.

Tannehill will be a bust though.

I would take cousins and Moore over those two.

I would rather start Curtis Painter all next year than waste a pick on those two. Moore has a wet noodle arm and will be a career backup. Cousins is so very meh and dont see anything special about him.

The thoughts of RG3 don't really excite me very much. I would rather them trade the pick and get Tannehill.

Tannehill is nothing special. He blew a couple big games this year, except for Baylor which was impressive, but he makes a lot of bad mistakes and has way too many multiinterception games.

Usually by the system(prostyle or spread) that they run in college and the quality of opponents that they've faced throughout their careers.In my opinion its easy to gauge.For example this year....

Good/great:luck,cousins,foles

Busts:griffin,tannehill

Well I am pretty sure it isn't "easy" to predict or else there would not be so many busted high pick QB's in/out of the league. I will say I thought that Cam Newton would for sure be a bust but he has turned in a nice rookie campaign. As for Griffin, he has potential but has to be put into the right situation and the way our team has been made up, this isn't it. Tannehill does appear to have big ole bust all over him. He was a wr unil 2010? Under the right coaching, can he learn all the reads of defenses, understand pocket awareness learn a complex QB system and does he have arm strength to make all the throws? This one is intriguing with his story (the part I have read) about taking over in 2010 from the wr spot to the QB spot. I don't know his system he is from, spread offense or under center pro style? He has the measurables in 6'4" 220 pounds but I am weary of someone who has played QB for 1 1/2 seasons overall. It appears he played some QB, DE and wr in highschool and was not recruited to texas A&M. If he could be a high 3rd pick, I would be interested in seeing if he had enough in the upside but not enough history on him as a 1st round pick IMO.

Well I am pretty sure it isn't "easy" to predict or else there would not be so many busted high pick QB's in/out of the league. I will say I thought that Cam Newton would for sure be a bust but he has turned in a nice rookie campaign. As for Griffin, he has potential but has to be put into the right situation and the way our team has been made up, this isn't it. Tannehill does appear to have big ole bust all over him. He was a wr unil 2010? Under the right coaching, can he learn all the reads of defenses, understand pocket awareness learn a complex QB system and does he have arm strength to make all the throws? This one is intriguing with his story (the part I have read) about taking over in 2010 from the wr spot to the QB spot. I don't know his system he is from, spread offense or under center pro style? He has the measurables in 6'4" 220 pounds but I am weary of someone who has played QB for 1 1/2 seasons overall. It appears he played some QB, DE and wr in highschool and was not recruited to texas A&M. If he could be a high 3rd pick, I would be interested in seeing if he had enough in the upside but not enough history on him as a 1st round pick IMO.

In my opinion;tannehill is another matt jones type player,but with less talent.I still think people crown newton way too early(much like they did bradford).Let's wait and see how he progresses.I still think he'll be a bust and bradford too.However,i was surprised by andy dalton.

I would rather start Curtis Painter all next year than waste a pick on those two. Moore has a wet noodle arm and will be a career backup. Cousins is so very meh and dont see anything special about him..

have u seen either one of them play????? Moore would be a first rounder if he were taller. He's lost like 2 games his whole college career. Noodle arm???? U def haven't watched him play

Not even going to comment on cousins cause its pretty silly to say painter would do better. Painter is awful and they r both great qb prospects.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nVqsshIbFgQ&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Pretty great arm if you ask me

I would rather start Curtis Painter all next year than waste a pick on those two. Moore has a wet noodle arm and will be a career backup. Cousins is so very meh and dont see anything special about him.

Tannehill is nothing special. He blew a couple big games this year, except for Baylor which was impressive, but he makes a lot of bad mistakes and has way too many multiinterception games.

Tannehill is the epitomy of the word project. Which, if they are going to be stuck taking a project, I would rather get one that is still learning the posistion espesially if he can learn under Manning for a couple of seasons. He has all the tools to be successful, whether or not he is, is just a roll of the dice just like any other player.

As far as Cousins is concerned, well lets just say, IMO he is absolutely the exact same player as Painter. They are one in the same and im fairly confident he will never be anything more than a career backup, if not a career 3rd stringer.

Tannehill is the epitomy of the word project. Which, if they are going to be stuck taking a project, I would rather get one that is still learning the posistion espesially if he can learn under Manning for a couple of seasons. He has all the tools to be successful, whether or not he is, is just a roll of the dice just like any other player.

As far as Cousins is concerned, well lets just say, IMO he is absolutely the exact same player as Painter. They are one in the same and im fairly confident he will never be anything more than a career backup, if not a career 3rd stringer.

:facepalm:

have u seen either one of them play????? Moore would be a first rounder if he were taller. He's lost like 2 games his whole college career. Noodle arm???? U def haven't watched him play

Not even going to comment on cousins cause its pretty silly to say painter would do better. Painter is awful and they r both great qb prospects.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nVqsshIbFgQ&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Pretty great arm if you ask me

Read any scouting report they all say he has what equates too a wet noodle arm. He has no zip on the ball.

Posted · Hidden by shecolt, January 8, 2012 - personal shot
Hidden by shecolt, January 8, 2012 - personal shot

Thank God its Luck instead of Griffin. We just avoided the biggest bust since Vince Young, enjoy him Cleveland.

You've got to be the :censored:, arrogant, uneducated poster on the board. What makes you think RG3 will be a bust? If anything he is a better version of Cam Newton, and look what he's done. Everywhere you go and every post you make is about Luck, how much you love him, how much hes awesome, and how much "better" he is than any other QB. Get over this mancrush you have
You've got to be the , arrogant, uneducated poster on the board. What makes you think RG3 will be a bust? If anything he is a better version of Cam Newton, and look what he's done. Everywhere you go and every post you make is about Luck, how much you love him, how much hes awesome, and how much "better" he is than any other QB. Get over this mancrush you have

You have a crystal ball to know he will be a better version of cam?

You've got to be the :censored:, arrogant, uneducated poster on the board. What makes you think RG3 will be a bust? If anything he is a better version of Cam Newton, and look what he's done. Everywhere you go and every post you make is about Luck, how much you love him, how much hes awesome, and how much "better" he is than any other QB. Get over this mancrush you have

I'll take that as a compliment that you don't like me. I don't care much for comic book characters or the man-children who have crushes on them enough to make them their avatars. As for RG3, I could care less because I'm just glad we aren't the ones having to find out if he will be a bust.

Dude what the heck are you talking about? This is a comic book character who i grew up reading

You on the other hand have luck (your crush) as your avatar and i bet you didnt know about him until the start of this year...

Almost every post you make is filled with childish responses its comical....you "dont care much for comic book characters or the man-children who have crushes on them" lol.... That has nothing to do with anything

I watched RG3 take questions from the gameday live crew before the michigan vt game and I was incredibly impressed with his maturity. Very eloquent and very professional. I don't think the Colts will end up taking him, but I certainly don't think he will drop past the Redskins at #6. He's going to be a good pro QB.

Dude what the heck are you talking about? This is a comic book character who i grew up reading

You on the other hand have luck (your crush) as your avatar and i bet you didnt know about him until the start of this year...

Almost every post you make is filled with childish responses its comical....you "dont care much for comic book characters or the man-children who have crushes on them" lol.... That has nothing to do with anything

Your response was truly written by a man-child.. utter non-sense, I have NO idea what YOU are talking about. The bottom line is, Luck is going to be our next QB and the fact that you even THINK Griffin has a chance to be better than Luck proves you don't know what you're talking about.

super8todd, you obviously dont know what your saying. My post made complete sense. I gave you a reason for why i have deapool(comic character) as my avatar. You on the other hand failed to reply with anything that has to do with our conversation. Also, tell me when i said i thought rg3 was better than luck? I said "what makes you think rg3 is going to be a bust?". Not once did i say rg3 was better. Read, use knowledge, and then make a decent response so you atleast look like you know what youre talking about..