Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Roster Moves

TKnight24

Actually him and Thornton would be probably neck and neck......Neither can pick up a Stunt or late blitz..Thornton has more power. Gun is very mobile....probably moreso then Thornton actually....But his awareness on the move needs a lot of work, Also needs to learn to not lean into his blocks, It causes him to slip off some blocks and not able to recover on double moves. Can seal off a D Lineman though...Not going to drive many off the ball though, started in Atlanta week 5 last year vs the Giants

I would love to have Thomas on the field but he isn't durable.

With Thornton injured, why not take a look at Mathis?  (though I'm sure they've had this discussion).

It's too late to bring in guys to fill camp spots.  They need to plan for the season.  Gunn was cut by the Falcons.   The Falcons.  

With Thornton injured, why not take a look at Mathis? (though I'm sure they've had this discussion).

It's too late to bring in guys to fill camp spots. They need to plan for the season. Gunn was cut by the Falcons. The Falcons.

Could be the team or offense type. Just cause he was cut by a team that desperately needs helps doesn't mean he's a bad player.

Could be the team or offense type. Just cause he was cut by a team that desperately needs helps doesn't mean he's a bad player.

Not sure I always can agree with that, but it does happen. Especially when there's a regime change.

He lasted, what, 3 days with the Pats? And they're not exactly deep at G either.

Not sure I always can agree with that, but it does happen. Especially when there's a regime change.

He lasted, what, 3 days with the Pats? And they're not exactly deep at G either.

I'm not saying that's for sure what happened in this case, just possible

With Thornton injured, why not take a look at Mathis?  (though I'm sure they've had this discussion).

It's too late to bring in guys to fill camp spots.  They need to plan for the season.  Gunn was cut by the Falcons.   The Falcons.  

Yes, so was another vet guard Justin Blalock (who has decided to retire).  I think two things drove those(and other) decisions. Clearing some cap space, and second, Kyle Shanahan instituting a Zone Blocking scheme (notably the wide or outside zone).  I think even Jon Asamoah has lost his starting spot , but he is still on the team.  Complete and total O line remake in Atlanta.