Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Roster Moves for Colts

TKnight24

http://forums.denverbroncos.com/showthread.php?236028-O-Line-options-in-FA

...Dionte Savage G (6-4 344) is a free agent to watch. A monster of a guard, he is a better physical specimen than most, an intimidator, kinda a bigger more raw Big O. However, he is much too raw of a prospect who will need practice squad development. He was a juco who needed time to adjust to D1. A true road grader, he dominated Alabama in the 2014 sugar bowl. And mauled large people on short yardage. Look up "beast" in the dictionary and Dionte's picture is there. Him and Jordan Phillips NT (6-5 341) fighting for inches on short yardage in practice was a thing of beauty!

I don't think we are signing Mathis unless we have a big injury on the OLine.

I think Loius will have a good year at LG He had not played in two years and his play got better as the year went on IMO. I thought he was pretty solid in the playoffs. I think that carries over to this year.

Castonzo Louis Holmes Herremans Mewhort is what we are rolling time to get used to it. I think it will be good. A lot hinges on Holmes health and Mewhort's transition. Mathis doesn't help either of those concerns.

It would be nice to rent Mathis for a year. I don't think he's looking for a one year prove it deal. He has proven it he's looking to get paid. We have our own to sign.

I don't see Irsay opening the wallet to a 33 yr old G. The Dolphins offered 2-3M per year he wants the 5.5M he was getting in Philly. Don't see it happening here.

Money is the reason he's out of Philly skipping OTA's trying to get more cash.

http://phi.247sports.com/Bolt/Report-Money-keeping-Dolphins-from-signing-Evan-Mathis--38594207

I keep hoping we sign Evan Mathis too. I really don't get why we don't. We could still have a pretty decent O-Line without him, but we could also struggle....Again. But with a beast like Mathis we could actually have a very good line. There's question marks along the line right now. With Mathis we get a quick and immediate solution. With a dominate offensive line our offense would be even more unstoppable than it already is. Imagine Luck with the Cowboys O-Line and a run game.

Not going after an another Offensive Lineman early in the draft was a mistake. Offensive Line was problem over the last years and we never had quality depth so relying on injury prone players and some unknown, undrafted players to turn into pro bowlers is just pure gambling. If Luck is again the QB with the most hits etc. Grigson needs to seriously questioning himself. 

Not going after an another Offensive Lineman early in the draft was a mistake. Offensive Line was problem over the last years and we never had quality depth so relying on injury prone players and some unknown, undrafted players to turn into pro bowlers is just pure gambling. If Luck is again the QB with the most hits etc. Grigson needs to seriously questioning himself. 

Question himself? :facepalm: