Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Can Peterson Catch Emmitt Smith's 18,355 Yards?

Caleb3502

Adrian Peterson through his first 8* seasons: 10,190 yards 

Emmitt Smith through his first 8 seasons: 11,234 yards

*Includes 2014 season where he played just one game and had 75 yards.  

So if you wanted to go by first 7 seasons since Peterson did not participate in 15 games last year. 

Adrian Peterson through 7 seasons: 10,115 yards 

Emmitt Smith through 7 seasons: 10,160 yards 

Peterson has a career 98 yards per game.  So if was able to average around rest of his career, he can surpass Emmitt in six more seasons, and would be about 36 years old when he breaks it.  Having a year off has probably helped him rest his legs, so I'm predicting he'll have a fantastic 2015 season.  I don't know if he could keep it up for 6 more years though at that high level of production.    

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think he gets there. I also think Barry Sanders was better then both Backs

Barry's teams were underrated. He wasn't carrying The Bad News Bears. With that said, he was better than Emmitt and AP imo and he was the best player on those teams.

I agree with both statements.  If Barry played two more seasons, at his career yards per game average of 99.8 (which is possible since he was only 30), he would have had 18,462 yards at the end of his 12th season.  He was an amazing player and is definitely a top 3 running back in NFL history.  I'd only put him behind Sweetness and Jim Brown.   

Adrian Peterson through his first 8* seasons: 10,190 yards 

Emmitt Smith through his first 8 seasons: 11,234 yards

*Includes 2014 season where he played just one game and had 75 yards.  

So if you wanted to go by first 7 seasons since Peterson did not participate in 15 games last year. 

Adrian Peterson through 7 seasons: 10,115 yards 

Emmitt Smith through 7 seasons: 10,160 yards 

Peterson has a career 98 yards per game.  So if was able to average around rest of his career, he can surpass Emmitt in six more seasons, and would be about 36 years old when he breaks it.  Having a year off has probably helped him rest his legs, so I'm predicting he'll have a fantastic 2015 season.  I don't know if he could keep it up for 6 more years though at that high level of production.

No, he wont. The Vikings will depend less and less on AP as time goes by.

They'll have to throw to win, even playing outdoors now..

Peterson should come back strong but he's likely to be injured more frequently as he ages

No...nobody is going to keep this guy around long enough to break it. As soon as his age shows he will be out of the league. Emmitt was able to grind out some years in Arizona when he was DONE.....Adrian won't have that luxury. Besides....as much as I like him on the field he has shown how ignorant he is off the field....I would be surprised he can stay out of trouble for 6 years.

For every quote you can find, you'll find 4 or 5 talking about gaining 2,000

..or 2,500 before last year..as I know you did find.

You can have him/ Too much individual talk for me.

Except you said he never talks about wanting to win the superbowl, which is obviously false. Also, you don't hear many runnIngbacks talk about winning a championship. There legacies aren't tied to them like qbs are

You're not really interetsed in the subject you posted on.?

I'm shocked. That's never happened before.

??? How do you come to the conclusion that I'm not interested in the subject? I simply pointed out your post was incorrect. And that has happened a lot before

Which indicates you didn't care about the subject I was discussing. You didn't express an opinion.

Just a one sentence post with no opinion.

And that has happened a lot before.

If you actually read the thread you will see I already posted about the subject of the thread. Your post was actually the one that took the thread in a different direction. Kind of like you did in the other AD thread where you said he was a child molester

Didn't know I needed your persmission to take threads in a different direction.

. I'm saying the focus should be on winning more than it is the yard totals.

Its okay for message board folks to go there but Adrian should not, in my opinion.

Feel free to actually discuss it. Or continue not to.

But Adrian Peterson is a child molester. That's on the record. And its part of any discussion of him

Didn't know I needed your persmission to take tAZhreads in a different direction.

Its okay for message board folks to go there but Adrian should not, in my opinion.

But Adrian Peterson is a child molester. That's on the record. And its part of any discussion of him

He is not a child molester. No idea why you continue to say that.

Didn't know I needed your persmission to take threads in a different direction.

lmao! Abuser not molester. HUGE difference. Both are bad, but one almost gets you killed in prison.

I don't think you understand what molesting means.

I think whipping a child in 'that' area suggests far more serious ills than simply abusing him.

I think there is a difference between whipping a boy in certain parts of his body that you are being blind to.

We clearly disagree

I think whipping a child in 'that' area suggests far more serious ills than simply abusing him.

I think there is a difference between whipping a boy in certain parts of his body that you are being blind to.

We clearly disagree

He didn't whip a boy in "a certain place" He whipped his rear end and legs. In the process the switch whipped around the other side of his body and struck him in the groin unintentionally.

Child abuse is certainly bad, but that isn't anywhere close to molestation.

"J'

I did not read that it was unintentional.

If it was or if it simply didnt happened as reported..that's different, I agree.

Kids getting whipped as discipline, to me, is traditional in the black community, for better or worse.

But I read that he stripped him naked and whipped him in 'the most sensitive area' (I'm being as 'PC" as I can here)

That's what I was upset about. There's an undeniable sexual connotation there to me. Its very wrong

"J'

If it was or if it simply didnt happened as reported..that's different, I agree.

Kids getting whipped as discipline, to me, is traditional in the black community, for better or worse.

But I read that he stripped him naked and whipped him in 'the most sensitive area' (I'm being as 'PC" as I can here)

That's what I was upset about. There's an undeniable sexual connotation there to me. Its very wrong

http://m.tmz.com/#Article/2014/09/12/adrian-peterson-indicted-for-child-abuse

Narco..molester has a sexual connotation.

Where the boy was whipped also does, to me.

You can soft pedal it but I dont

Switches can rap around and that is what causes the lashes that he got. I know this. I haven't read anywhere he was naked during it or that he directly hit him in the genitals and was intentionally aiming for the genitals. It's not soft pedaling. You're wildly stretching it.

Edit: and now I have read it. He bared his butt, like many parents did in the past. But that is not sexual in nature to get pleasure and arousal from. It's not molestation.

That's like saying when I wrestle around with my daughter, that when I body slam her on the bed like a wrestler that I'm molesting her cause my arm went through her legs. Please. That's liberal logic at its best. Jumping to extremes without anything based in reality.

"J'

"Kids getting whipped as discipline, to me, is traditional in the black community, for better or worse."

That tradition seems to actually have started in Greece if what I am reading is correct, Regardless spanking sure is not just practiced by black people

Switches can rap around and that is what causes the lashes that he got. I know this. I haven't read anywhere he was naked during it or that he directly hit him in the genitals and was intentionally aiming for the genitals. It's not soft pedaling. You're wildly stretching it.

Edit: and now I have read it. He bared his butt, like many parents did in the past. But that is not sexual in nature to get pleasure and arousal from. It's not molestation.

That's like saying when I wrestle around with my daughter, that when I body slam her on the bed like a wrestler that I'm molesting her cause my arm went through her legs. Please. That's liberal logic at its best. Jumping to extremes without anything based in reality.

Wow. We very much disagree. Liberal or conservative.

there's a sexual connotation to that which, to me, makes it molestation. I'm sorry

I think you're giving Adrian the benefit of the doubt which is your right.

I just don't. Not with kids.

"Kids getting whipped as discipline, to me, is traditional in the black community, for better or worse."

That tradition seems to actually have started in Greece if what I am reading is correct, Regardless spanking sure is not just practiced by black people

I did not know that about Greece...and white folks whip their kids, too. Trust me.

But getting a switch and whipping your kid is very much a tradition of the black south.

Most parents don't pull your pants down though...and whip your front side. Mine didnt.

...There's an undeniable sexual connotation to that. .

Its children and its just wrong. AP was forgiven and he expressed sorrow. It is what it is

But to say that's not sexual is, to me, sticking your head in the sand. Im sorry