Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Play Hard And Just Win.

tfunky14

Personally I just want to se the Colts players play hard, give 110 percent and win. Then, after all that, they can see where their draft status will be. This "suck for luck" crap is what it is, crap. NFL players play hard and some are playing for jobs next year. I think its stupid, I think fans who want their team to lay down for a draft pick are self centered, I think Luck is over rated, I want the Colts players to give it their all Sunday. If they win, great, if they lose, so be it. I'm no general manger or NFL owner, so my knowledge is no different than you or the next guy but I do know that NFL athletes are professionals and no way are they going to give up for a player who hasn't played a down in the NFL.

I'm going to root for the Colts Sunday like they were 11-4 not 2-13 and not worry about a date in April till after the season

We know what your views are. On the plethora of other threads. Why we need another one is beyond me.

Now I've taken the time to read it: your first two sentences, and your last paragraph were fine. Generally a fair point of view.

The rest in between carried that 'I'm a better fan' psychobabble that the pro-win clan continue to spout.

Enjoy the game, either way.

I find it impressive how you not only started a thread that didn't need to be started due to the plethora of other threads on the subject, but how you also completely and totally misrepresented the position of those who disagree with you.

That was a nice touch.

Not that we should be surprised of course. I'm still waiting for you to point out those posts where you claimed I bashed the team for winning last Thursday.

So wait a second.... If you want to draft Luck so bad that you are cheering for them to lose--I mean, hoping the Rams win--I mean, not going to be sad if we lose (yeah right), then you must only want what's best for the team, right? Everyone else is just high and mighty, and looking down on the world of "lesser" fans.

While this thread is superfluous, I find the hypocrisy in the S4L posts to border on parody. They are certainly the easiest debates to crush, but still... At least grant a view in opposition the same measure of "open-mindedness" you spew in your own defense.

We know what your views are. On the plethora of other threads. Why we need another one is beyond me.

Now I've taken the time to read it: your first two sentences, and your last paragraph were fine. Generally a fair point of view.

The rest in between carried that 'I'm a better fan' psychobabble that the pro-win clan continue to spout.

Best post of the thread... thanks.

So wait a second.... If you want to draft Luck so bad that you are cheering for them to lose--I mean, hoping the Rams win--I mean, not going to be sad if we lose (yeah right), then you must only want what's best for the team, right? Everyone else is just high and mighty, and looking down on the world of "lesser" fans.

While this thread is superfluous, I find the hypocrisy in the S4L posts to border on parody. They are certainly the easiest debates to crush, but still... At least grant a view in opposition the same measure of "open-mindedness" you spew in your own defense.

Can you go 5 seconds without talking about Luck? I mean seriously why don't you just marry the guy and get it over with.

Still unable to discuss the issue without insulting people I see.

Personally I just want to se the Colts players play hard, give 110 percent and win. Then, after all that, they can see where their draft status will be. This "suck for luck" crap is what it is, crap. NFL players play hard and some are playing for jobs next year. I think its stupid, I think fans who want their team to lay down for a draft pick are self centered, I think Luck is over rated, I want the Colts players to give it their all Sunday. If they win, great, if they lose, so be it. I'm no general manger or NFL owner, so my knowledge is no different than you or the next guy but I do know that NFL athletes are professionals and no way are they going to give up for a player who hasn't played a down in the NFL.

I'm going to root for the Colts Sunday like they were 11-4 not 2-13 and not worry about a date in April till after the season

I am with you, that third win will make this a monumental season,not! It is okay to get the big picture and still be a true Colts fan. There is a HUGE difference between 1st and 2nd spot, no matter what they choose to do with it.

I don't want luck. I want the #1 pick so that we can trade it and give us a lot of players who also haven't proven themselves. this draft to me isn't about luck. Its about much we could get! We could fill so many holes over the next 2 drafts with a trade. It would be really nice.

I find it impressive how you not only started a thread that didn't need to be started due to the plethora of other threads on the subject, but how you also completely and totally misrepresented the position of those who disagree with you.

That was a nice touch.

Not that we should be surprised of course. I'm still waiting for you to point out those posts where you claimed I bashed the team for winning last Thursday.

I try my best.

As for finding quotes of you bashing last Thursday win, I don't have the time to look. Plus it may as well be Silent Hill who was the basher, not sure. Either way, you and silent hill have expressed your desire for a Colts loss Sunday. I just don't see how a fan can do that if they are a "real fan." Yes I said that (real fan) and I'm not backing down. I'm not going to lie and think a lose Sunday won't benefit the Colts but I'm not going to root for a loss either. I'm not going to appoint the next heir apparent to Manning just because the guy is all hyped up. You and I have seen it so many times, a player is appointed the next big thing and only becomes a dud. "If it smells like a rat, it is a rat"

Again, I'm going to root for the Colts Sunday like they were 11-4 not 2-13 and not worry about a date in April till after the season

I've been on your side, why the hate mail?

Maybe the poster, as I am, is sick of your and others constant negative rants. What, he isn't entitled to his opinion, but you are? Preposterous.

The OP never claimed they were better than any other fan, just stated they will support the colts to win not tank, like others had said the colts should do.

Psychobabble?? Is that even a word? All it looked liked to me was a POSITIVE I love my colts and want them to win thread.. so??

The people that are clamoring so much for a win in my opinion, has absolutely nothing to do with those people actually wanting a win, and everything to do with them getting their way in not being able to draft Luck. I understand not wanting to root against the team, but those who want the team to lose to be able to wrap up the 1st pick is completely understandable, and for those who put down those people, they are completely immature and can not see the big picture.

To me, it is more about not wanting Caldwell here next yr.. I'll be the 1st to admit that I want Luck, but I want Caldwell gone even more and IMO if the Colts win this weekend it pretty much guarantee's Caldwell a job here next season.

I try my best.

As for finding quotes of you bashing last Thursday win, I don't have the time to look. Plus it may as well be Silent Hill who was the basher, not sure. Either way, you and silent hill have expressed your desire for a Colts loss Sunday. I just don't see how a fan can do that if they are a "real fan." Yes I said that (real fan) and I'm not backing down. I'm not going to lie and think a lose Sunday won't benefit the Colts but I'm not going to root for a loss either. I'm not going to appoint the next heir apparent to Manning just because the guy is all hyped up. You and I have seen it so many times, a player is appointed the next big thing and only becomes a dud. "If it smells like a rat, it is a rat"

Again, I'm going to root for the Colts Sunday like they were 11-4 not 2-13 and not worry about a date in April till after the season

I'll give you a hint. You won't find them because they don't exist.

Also, for the thousandth time, my wanting the first pick is not because of some man-crush for Andrew Luck. As I've said in several threads I don't know what I want them to do.

My position on this is simple. Winning 3 games instead of 2 has no tangible benefit to the team other than they get a third win. It just doesn't. I know the players want to win, and winning makes them feel good and losing makes them sad, but that goes away.

However, there is a significant tangible benefit to drafting first overall compared to second. That really isn't debatable (you even admitted to that yourself)

Here is the ultimate thing though. If you want to root for a win, fine. Root for it. I'm not trying to tell you or anyone else you can't. I assume you feel that's what is in the best interests of the team.

I have looked at the situation and determined that it is not. As a fan (and yes I am a fan despite what anyone wants to claim) I want what's best for my team. Hence, in this very unusual set of circumstances I feel that losing one game will likely lead to us winning more games down the road. Therefore, I hope we lose.

If you disagree with that, fine. I've been wrong before, I might be wrong now. But that doesn't mean I'm not a fan because of it.

And again, I'm not suggesting the players or the team do anything other than try to win the game. That's what they are supposed to do, and I wish them the best believe it or not. I just believe that drafting first is more important than winning a third game.

The people that are clamoring so much for a win in my opinion, has absolutely nothing to do with those people actually wanting a win, and everything to do with them getting their way in not being able to draft Luck. I understand not wanting to root against the team, but those who want the team to lose to be able to wrap up the 1st pick is completely understandable, and for those who put down those people, they are completely immature and can not see the big picture.

To me, it is more about not wanting Caldwell here next yr.. I'll be the 1st to admit that I want Luck, but I want Caldwell gone even more and IMO if the Colts win this weekend it pretty much guarantee's Caldwell a job here next season.

Even if we win by 199 points this Sunday, I seriously doubt that affects Caldwell's status here. I am sure that has already been determined.

I want the Colts to win because I like it when they win. As a fan, it feels good to watch them win no matter what week it is, what our record is, or what draft picks are on the line. I truly have no cares about that which has not occurred yet. Whatever will be, will be. I just like it when my Colts win. No nefarious alterior motive. I just like it when they win.

I'll give you a hint. You won't find them because they don't exist.

Also, for the thousandth time, my wanting the first pick is not because of some man-crush for Andrew Luck. As I've said in several threads I don't know what I want them to do.

My position on this is simple. Winning 3 games instead of 2 has no tangible benefit to the team other than they get a third win. It just doesn't. I know the players want to win, and winning makes them feel good and losing makes them sad, but that goes away.

However, there is a significant tangible benefit to drafting first overall compared to second. That really isn't debatable (you even admitted to that yourself)

Here is the ultimate thing though. If you want to root for a win, fine. Root for it. I'm not trying to tell you or anyone else you can't. I assume you feel that's what is in the best interests of the team.

I have looked at the situation and determined that it is not. As a fan (and yes I am a fan despite what anyone wants to claim) I want what's best for my team. Hence, in this very unusual set of circumstances I feel that losing one game will likely lead to us winning more games down the road. Therefore, I hope we lose.

If you disagree with that, fine. I've been wrong before, I might be wrong now. But that doesn't mean I'm not a fan because of it.

And again, I'm not suggesting the players or the team do anything other than try to win the game. That's what they are supposed to do, and I wish them the best believe it or not. I just believe that drafting first is more important than winning a third game.

Okay Juric, point taken...You clarify your point.

Like I wrote at the begining of this thread. The Colts players will be playing for a win (try at least) and I will root as a fan for a win. I understand the benefits of a Colts loss and can see why some wont feel bad if the Colts should lose sunday. But, I don't understand fans telling players or asking the front office to tank the last game. It hurts the game, the integrity and future employement for players. To me that's just wrong.

Even if we win by 199 points this Sunday, I seriously doubt that affects Caldwell's status here. I am sure that has already been determined.

I want the Colts to win because I like it when they win. As a fan, it feels good to watch them win no matter what week it is, what our record is, or what draft picks are on the line. I truly have no cares about that which has not occurred yet. Whatever will be, will be. I just like it when my Colts win. No nefarious alterior motive. I just like it when they win.

YES!! Post of the week! My sediments exactly. I just like to see my colts win. When I was at the game last Thursday, all i cared about was watching my team play hard and win. It was exciting!

"What is true of the individual will be tomorrow true of the whole nation if individuals will but refuse to lose heart and hope." Mohandas Gandhi

Okay Juric, point taken...You clarify your point.

Like I wrote at the begining of this thread. The Colts players will be playing for a win (try at least) and I will root as a fan for a win. I understand the benefits of a Colts loss and can see why some wont feel bad if the Colts should lose sunday. But, I don't understand fans telling players or asking the front office to tank the last game. It hurts the game, the integrity and future employement for players. To me that's just wrong.

It is strange really...a loss benefits the guys in suits and a win benefits the guys in uni's. The fans have been left grabbing either end of a proverbial rope and tugging each others arms off.

My impression? Losing sucks.

How about I just hope the backups play their hearts out.....*ducks*

Well considering that we don't have many back ups because of all the players on IR don't think that will happen. Sorry to burst your bubble we will be playing what starters that are not on IR. :neener:

All im saying is lets not get too mad about 1 game when the Colts lost 13 in a row. The only thing that can anger me at this point is releasing Manning while he's healthy. Not too worried about that after Irsay's comments about keeping him if he healthy.

Be careful what you wish for. I feel Forum Armageddon after the game. Until the Draft at least. Maybe a tie would be the best result? Can I wish for that without getting bashed?

Armageddon 'after' the game. From whats been going on in this forum lately, id say we're in the heck before Armageddon.

I think I'll just post this here on my opinion of the fans who want to suck for luck and those who oppose it ( and I'll make it short)

Anyone who is still follows the colts after this horrible season( and especially if they are spending part of their day on a colts forum ) are true colts fans and on the same level even if they want to lose Sunday for the first pick