Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Trading Up Mock Draft 2015

Trade our RD1, RD3, RD5, and if needed one *RD6 to Titans. Complement Our FA Aquisitions...

Mock Draft

1. Leonard Williams DT/DE (Reason: About Time We Have A Blue Chip DT)

2. Donavan Smith ROT (Reason: Cherilus ain't going last. We wI'll cut him next year $$$/health)

4. Doran Grant CB (Reason: depth after we cut Toler next year)

*6. Terrance McGee RB (Reason: Depth)

6. Nick Marshall CB (Reason: Depth)

7. Malcom Brown RB (Reason: understudy to Frank Gore)

7. Curtis Grant ILB (Reason: Depth)

Done...

The best option to get a blue-chip DT is probably see if Danny Shelton falls to around the 10-12 range, then trade up for him. It would still cost a lot, but it would be possible, and the player would be worth it.

Exactly. I started to say the same thing until I seen your post. If he falls out of the top 10 yeah, we should definitely check it out.

Trade our RD1, RD3, RD5, and if needed one *RD6 to Titans. Complement Our FA Aquisitions...

Mock Draft

1. Leonard Williams DT/DE (Reason: About Time We Have A Blue Chip DT)

2. Donavan Smith ROT (Reason: Cherilus ain't going last. We wI'll cut him next year $$$/health)

4. Doran Grant CB (Reason: depth after we cut Toler next year)

*6. Terrance McGee RB (Reason: Depth)

6. Nick Marshall CB (Reason: Depth)

7. Malcom Brown RB (Reason: understudy to Frank Gore)

7. Curtis Grant ILB (Reason: Depth)

Done...

No team in their right mind would switch a second overall pick for the 29th.

Plus, were division rivals. We need to stay out and make the best out of every pick we have.

Totally not worth it. Just stick to your guns and get the BPA at 29 that fits a need. DT; LB; S; CB; OT. There will be an excellent player there for the Colts. Trading up to the 2nd slot, or even in the top 15, is just plain crazy. And there should be solid potential starters at the Colts' 2nd and 3rd picks too. The draft this year will hopefully take care of the 2-3 holes left on the team and fill in with inexpensive quality depth for years to come.

Note that the #2 is worth 2,600 points, and that our 1st, second, and 3rd round picks all together are worth 1,060, do the math on what it would take to get to #2.

Not worth it for any one player for any reason, IMO.

Disagree about it being too much for any player, but it's too much for Williams (or anyone in his draft class) for sure.

Disagree about it being too much for any player, but it's too much for Williams (or anyone in his draft class) for sure.

I can respect that.  I am curious as to who (past or present) would be worth it in your estimation.  Good food for thought for folks to ponder....

I can respect that. I am curious as to who (past or present) would be worth it in your estimation. Good food for thought for folks to ponder....

I think it's worth it for a player who you think is franchise QB material. I wasn't a fan of RG3 the player, but I was a fan of Washington being aggressive and going after a potential franchise savior.

Why not just wait until 29 and take Carl Davis who's a better player?

Am I reading this right?

You're calling Carl Davis a better player than Leonard Williams?

EDIT NOTE:    I just clicked bad to your hub posts....    I looked at DT's,  you have a top 5 and no Leonard Williams.  And I thought I remembered you saying you don't think he's an edge player,  but I looked there too and you don't have him in the top-7 of that group either.

I don't know when this happened,  but you appear to be NOT a big fan of Leonard Williams.   Perhaps he'll be in your "Best of the Rest" or whatever you're calling that category....

Am I reading this right?

You're calling Carl Davis a better player than Leonard Williams?

EDIT NOTE: I just clicked bad to your hub posts.... I looked at DT's, you have a top 5 and no Leonard Williams. And I thought I remembered you saying you don't think he's an edge player, but I looked there too and you don't have him in the top-7 of that group either.

I don't know when this happened, but you appear to be NOT a big fan of Leonard Williams. Perhaps he'll be in your "Best of the Rest" or whatever you're calling that category....

Im trying to only do players who have/had a reasonable chance to be available when we picked.

As for Williams, I'm a fan, but I don't think he's a top 10 player.

I think it's worth it for a player who you think is franchise QB material. I wasn't a fan of RG3 the player, but I was a fan of Washington being aggressive and going after a potential franchise savior.

Good point.  Agreed.  RGIII could have been that franchise guy and worth a risk.  But we also saw what happens if that strategy misses. I've heard if Mariota drops because Titans pass on him, he won't get past the Redskins at #5.