Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Denzel Perryman Pulls Hamstring on 40.

Denzel Perryman just pulled a hamstring on his 40 run. Not good!

— Omar Kelly (@OmarKelly)

April 1, 2015

Not good at all, could he fall to the 3rd? No way I could see him falling the 93, but maybe 70-80 range and we could trade up if interested.

I thought he was a late 2nd rounder anyway, he could fall to the late 3rd now, depending on the severity. If he's there at 93, we could definitely take him, assuming we didn't take Kendricks in the 1st already.

Denzel Perryman just pulled a hamstring on his 40 run. Not good!

— Omar Kelly (@OmarKelly)

April 1, 2015

Not good at all, could he fall to the 3rd? No way I could see him falling the 93, but maybe 70-80 range and we could trade up if interested.

Why would that make him fall?  He ran a 4.33 at the combine.

How would a pulled hamstring drop him from a potential late first rounder to the third round?  One pulled hamstring vs. a lot of good film...advantage: film

2 reasons on why it could cause him to fall.

1 (main one). A pulled hamstring takes him out for the rest of the day (his pro day). Which is big because of on the field drills. Also he's probably not going to be up to normal speed for 2-3 weeks, and these 2-3 weeks are huge because of private workouts. Yes teams look at film but they also will be hesitant to draft a player they don't know very well face to face. It's very rare to draft a player you haven't worked out. Just saying I think it could drop him a bit, I've seen him in mid-late 2nd in some mocks so dropping to the 70-80 range wouldn't be crazy.

2. It sends a bad message that you aren't the most athletic type of guy/player, just some thoughts!

His 30 reps on the bench will more than offset any negative from not finishing the 40.  It's not like he has a history of injuries plus some already questioned his speed.  It may drop him from late first round to early 2nd round but the film on this guy will be all that's needed.

His 30 reps on the bench will more than offset any negative from not finishing the 40.  It's not like he has a history of injuries plus some already questioned his speed.  It may drop him from late first round to early 2nd round but the film on this guy will be all that's needed.

To me, it's more the fact he might be too banged up to workout in private workouts for teams, not the best time to get any injury what so ever. 

2 reasons on why it could cause him to fall.

1 (main one). A pulled hamstring takes him out for the rest of the day (his pro day). Which is big because of on the field drills. Also he's probably not going to be up to normal speed for 2-3 weeks, and these 2-3 weeks are huge because of private workouts. Yes teams look at film but they also will be hesitant to draft a player they don't know very well face to face. It's very rare to draft a player you haven't worked out. Just saying I think it could drop him a bit, I've seen him in mid-late 2nd in some mocks so dropping to the 70-80 range wouldn't be crazy.

2. It sends a bad message that you aren't the most athletic type of guy/player, just some thoughts!

I see.  It makes sense.  I would think teams would still err on the side of the film rather than what could be a random injury caused by something as minute as not enough stretching.  I see how it could cause his stock to drop a bit, but I don't think it'll make him fall to the 3rd round

I see. It makes sense. I would think teams would still err on the side of the film rather than what could be a random injury caused by something as minute as not enough stretching. I see how it could cause his stock to drop a bit, but I don't think it'll make him fall to the 3rd round

I just hope he falls to us in the 2nd lol that's all I care about! :-)

He's not going to fall from a hamstring injury, won't affect his stock at all

Yes it will. He just pulled his hamstring quite severely. This time of year teams are meeting with Players to get comfortable and to get to know them. He won't be able to work out for another 2-3 weeks, with the draft in 4 that doesn't help.