Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Heard Manning Wants To Play The Last Game

mightisright

So as I was driving my girls home from preschool, I heard on Dan Dokich that there was an article out there about how Manning wants to play the last game! Anybody seen that article that can post a link? What do you all think? Any doctors on the site that can lay out the risks? If the fusion has fully "taken" and IF he's at full strength, he wouldn't be taking any more risks than normal, right?

So as I was driving my girls home from preschool, I heard on Dan Dokich that there was an article out there about how Manning wants to play the last game! Anybody seen that article that can post a link? What do you all think? Any doctors on the site that can lay out the risks? If the fusion has fully "taken" and IF he's at full strength, he wouldn't be taking any more risks than normal, right?

Oldunclemark to thread! Oldunclemark to thread! LOL

You guys can dream together ahahahah

Oldunclemark to thread! Oldunclemark to thread! LOL

You guys can dream together ahahahah

Wow, assume much? Never said I wanted him to. Never said that Polian would let him. Just that Manning wants to.

That said, it would be nice for the fans to see that he's his old self before the draft, if they could release video of him throwing.......

I will say it again. slowly. I never said Bill would let him play. Just that he WANTS to play. People, I'm not delusional, I don't think the docs would clear him, or even if they did, that BP would let him.

I just wanted to see the article!

Id like to see it too, Sometime people on these forums take text out of context and ASSUME things.

Dont sweat it! Id like see something that lets me know manning can compete again at a high level still...There is no doubt in my mind. But Its more like a comfort thing

Thanks! I was beginning to think I'm not speaking E nglish! :hide: I didn't mean to upset people, I just wanted to know who said what, etc!

Of course Manning wants to play! He wants everybody to see that he still can so they don't cut him! My guess is that he'll make sure a video of him "accidently" gets released to the press sometime before that cut date.......

He wants to play, but Polian just shut him down for the year. Unless PM makes a miraculous comeback, I think it's safe to say he's done for the year.

Andy,

Didn't Polian say the doctors wouldn't release him to play this year? I may be wrong but that is what I thought I heard. I'm not always right but usually. rotfl Just teasing of course. haha

Agreed, Just hope they some video of him throwing turns up. But they did say in the video that he was doing more than just throwing, that he was in pads taking snaps and rushes That, at least, is VERY encouraging to me!

I need the video of that guy crying! The end of this ordeal is in sight!

Agreed, Just hope they some video of him throwing turns up. But they did say in the video that he was doing more than just throwing, that he was in pads taking snaps and rushes That, at least, is VERY encouraging to me!

I need the video of that guy crying! The end of this ordeal is in sight!

He wasnt taking "rushes" as in pass rushers...he was throwing scripted passes and also performing hand offs to the running backs (rushing plays)...

Think about it, the "rushers" wouldnt be allowed to touch him...and if he knew that they couldnt, then it wouldnt affect his throwing anyhow....so no, it wasnt defenders but rather the running backs rushing

You can tell every week from the look on his face that he WANTS to play. He doesn't have to say it at all. (I know we're talking about him saying it to someone, but this is just my feeling.) I can deal with a few more games without him to make sure he is completely healthy when he comes back!

I was listening yesterday, and there was no article, it was simply Dan Dokich thinking that he would want to play to solidify his position on that 28 million dollar bump coming his way. Last night on the MNF pre-game, they reported that Peyton had already left the stadium when Polian made that statement about shutting him down...and Peyton knew nothing about it...someone called him and told him about it, and he was already home.

Something's not seeming right in the Manning/Polian world...

I was listening yesterday, and there was no article, it was simply Dan Dokich thinking that he would want to play to solidify his position on that 28 million dollar bump coming his way. Last night on the MNF pre-game, they reported that Peyton had already left the stadium when Polian made that statement about shutting him down...and Peyton knew nothing about it...someone called him and told him about it, and he was already home.

Something's not seeming right in the Manning/Polian world...

That does not sound very good..

,..but that article spoke to a strained relationship ?

I think everybody has a stained relationship with Bill Polian...

This thread does not seem very timely. The news of Manning wanting to play was trumped later in the day by Polian's post game news conference. Not sure how anyone who saw the first might have missed the 2nd.

We just REALLY miss seeing him play and are speculating on how Peyton will get the proof "out there" that he can still play. Because I'm sure he wants to make sure everybody knows he's fine before the cut date/draft time.

I was listening yesterday, and there was no article, it was simply Dan Dokich thinking that he would want to play to solidify his position on that 28 million dollar bump coming his way. Last night on the MNF pre-game, they reported that Peyton had already left the stadium when Polian made that statement about shutting him down...and Peyton knew nothing about it...someone called him and told him about it, and he was already home. Something's not seeming right in the Manning/Polian world...

I posted a link to the interview with Jay Glazer that he was referring to. Glazer said that Manning wanted to play and was practicing in pads.

Wow, assume much? Never said I wanted him to. Never said that Polian would let him. Just that Manning wants to.

That said, it would be nice for the fans to see that he's his old self before the draft, if they could release video of him throwing.......

Why would the colts release video footage of Manning throwing????

Why would the colts release video footage of Manning throwing????

So they don't get all the rampant speculation when they pay his bonus in March........

But I don't think the colts will release it, it's not their style. I think Manning might make sure that a video gets "accidently" released. Because whether he stays or is released, he's gonna want people to know he's back.

What should they report? Manning says he doesnt want to play? Geeesh! OF course he is going to say he wants to play.

IMO if he was ready to play he would be playing - we need to know what we have entering the draft! I hear he has practiced after practice with the receivers so I guess they can see if hes going to be back or not,