Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

NFL Insiders Reports Grigson is "Going To Spend BIG In FA"

JPFolks

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lol NFL is different tho, players will attack that weakness. He never stiff arms either because of that, he just runs into them shoulder first. If he fixes that problem then he just might be really good. Me personally, I'd rather wait till next year to get our star RB...Ezekiel Elliot. Dude is gonna be way better than any RB in the draft this year.

I agree that Elliott will be good.  We cannot afford to wait,  This can be our Super Bowl team if we get it done right.  My actual want is a BIG at 29...Malcolm Brown of Texas.

As info, CBS Sports and a couple of others list Coleman's comparison to DeMarco Murray.  He is not too bad is he :)  

The smart thing to do, and this is just me being silly..... how about we re-sign Brown & Adams since they won't cost much and build our front 7?

You know, having a great front 7 realllllly makes your secondary look oh so much better. Just ask the Rams, 49ers, & Bills :)

How many of those teams made the playoffs?

Lol NFL is different tho, players will attack that weakness. He never stiff arms either because of that, he just runs into them shoulder first. If he fixes that problem then he just might be really good. Me personally, I'd rather wait till next year to get our star RB...Ezekiel Elliot. Dude is gonna be way better than any RB in the draft this year.

Runs into them with his shoulder ? Hmmm kinda like Walter Peyton ? With a lot more speed ? Ive come to the realization some folks are blind ,both figurative and literal and I sure did not see many gaping hole opened by IUs line.However did see Coleman shred the National Championship D for what was it ? Oh yes 228 yards .This kids the real deal reguardless of who he plays for and has great vision and doesn't leave the ball on the field.Elliot ?Ok will say hes good but we don't have a year to wait.Not to mention Tevin has around 4.3 speed just a good all around RB.

Runs into them with his shoulder ? Hmmm kinda like Walter Peyton ? With a lot more speed ? Ive come to the realization some folks are blind ,both figurative and literal and I sure did not see many gaping hole opened by IUs line.However did see Coleman shred the National Championship D for what was it ? Oh yes 228 yards .This kids the real deal reguardless of who he plays for and has great vision and doesn't leave the ball on the field.Elliot ?Ok will say hes good but we don't have a year to wait.Not to mention Tevin has around 4.3 speed just a good all around RB.

So I'm blind now because I disagree with you? Gotcha. Great way of getting your point across. And you're gonna compare Coleman to one of the greatest RBs of all time? Lol foolish. Coleman is not that good people, yall just obsessed with him because he went to IU. Go watch some tapes on him, constant gaping holes to run through due to the spread offense IU ran. I said he's a good player if he fixes a couple issues, like only carrying the ball with his left hand. In no way is he our savior tho. Nor do I see Walter Payton like potential.

So I'm blind now because I disagree with you? Gotcha. Great way of getting your point across. And you're gonna compare Coleman to one of the greatest RBs of all time? Lol foolish. Coleman is not that good people, yall just obsessed with him because he went to IU. Go watch some tapes on him, constant gaping holes to run through due to the spread offense IU ran. I said he's a good player if he fixes a couple issues, like only carrying the ball with his left hand. In no way is he our savior tho. Nor do I see Walter Payton like potential.

I will say if he compares to DeMarco Murray that is pretty solid.  I personally do not get involved in highlight reels.  That is deceiving.  I have watched him almost every game he has played.  He is much faster than Payton by the way.  :)

I like him as I said....I want a BIG at 29.

I will say if he compares to DeMarco Murray that is pretty solid. I personally do not get involved in highlight reels. That is deceiving. I have watched him almost every game he has played. He is much faster than Payton by the way. :)

I like him as I said....I want a BIG at 29.

I live in Indiana so I watched all his games too..Demarco also knows how to switch the ball into different hands while on the move and he had a monstrous stiff arm..otherwise yes they do compare. I also want a big front 7 player in the 1st round. Preferably a NT or DT. I also love Green-Beckham..if he falls that would be hard to pass up. Gotta love his size aND speed. Could you imagine having a guy like that to go up and just snag lobs all day from Luck. Easy $

Wasn't to spread out when the QB went down with lets say 5 games left, and they didn't have one left to throw the ball. By the way that includes the OSU game when they knew they were going to run the ball. We don't have to agree and wont on this matter that's ok.As far as IU  football I could care less that's where he played. Evidently the Colts feel the same , they talked to him twice and guarantee if hes there in the right position in the draft they take him. Not in the 1rst round IMO there is never a RB worth taking in the 1rst anymore.I still yet to see where you see nothing but gaping holes, Seen him use both arms stiff arms break tackles and just flat run over people. I know talent when I see it this kid has it flat out. :thmup:

I live in Indiana so I watched all his games too..Demarco also knows how to switch the ball into different hands while on the move and he had a monstrous stiff arm..otherwise yes they do compare. I also want a big front 7 player in the 1st round. Preferably a NT or DT. I also love Green-Beckham..if he falls that would be hard to pass up. Gotta love his size aND speed. Could you imagine having a guy like that to go up and just snag lobs all day from Luck. Easy $

Could you have been somewhat 'Stoney' on some of those days?  :)  Jay Kirk makes great points.  When Sudfeld went down, teams stacked the box.  Yep, see Ohio State in particular.  Coleman still ran through them or over them.

[qute name=Jay Kirk" post="1047676" timestamp="1425058207]

Wasn't to spread out when the QB went down with lets say 5 games left, and they didn't have one left to throw the ball. By the way that includes the OSU game when they knew they were going to run the ball. We don't have to agree and wont on this matter that's ok.As far as IU football I could care less that's where he played. Evidently the Colts feel the same , they talked to him twice and guarantee if hes there in the right position in the draft they take him. Not in the 1rst round IMO there is never a RB worth taking in the 1rst anymore.I still yet to see where you see nothing but gaping holes, Seen him use both arms stiff arms break tackles and just flat run over people. I know talent when I see it this kid has it flat out. :thmup:

Could you have been somewhat 'Stoney' on some of those days?   :)  Jay Kirk makes great points.  When Sudfeld went down, teams stacked the box.  Yep, see Ohio State in particular.  Coleman still ran through them or over them.

Not to mention was playing with injury the whole time he was doing this. rotflmao

[qute name=Jay Kirk" post="1047676" timestamp="1425058207]

Wasn't to spread out when the QB went down with lets say 5 games left, and they didn't have one left to throw the ball. By the way that includes the OSU game when they knew they were going to run the ball. We don't have to agree and wont on this matter that's ok.As far as IU football I could care less that's where he played. Evidently the Colts feel the same , they talked to him twice and guarantee if hes there in the right position in the draft they take him. Not in the 1rst round IMO there is never a RB worth taking in the 1rst anymore.I still yet to see where you see nothing but gaping holes, Seen him use both arms stiff arms break tackles and just flat run over people. I know talent when I see it this kid has it flat out. :thmup:

Of course he does, that's easy to see. I'd only take him in the 2nd tho and I wouldn't trade up for him. He has potential to be really good, I've said that. Just has a couple things to work on..as of now he's nothing special in my eyes..I wouldn't get too hyped up if we got him. Would you take Green-Beckham if he was available to us in this 1st?

The Colts wont be taking any RB in the 1rst id be totally shocked if they did , id be just as shocked at a WR .Honestly think it will be used on the D side of the ball.

I hope it's defense too. But I'm not gonna lie, I've always wanted a Megatron type WR that can just go up and get anything. On top of that has 4.3 speed. I think he's gonna be a stud in the NFL. It's always a possibility, especially when it's rumored now that we're interested in B.Marshal

I hope it's defense too. But I'm not gonna lie, I've always wanted a Megatron type WR that can just go up and get anything. On top of that has 4.3 speed. I think he's gonna be a stud in the NFL. It's always a possibility, especially when it's rumored now that we're interested in B.Marshal

One reason they got Carter not exactly small or slow lol.

Here's my prediction as of today, or at least something similar.

FA - - - - -

Ben Grubbs - Jahri Evans - Clint Boling - Orlando Franklin - Iupati (one of those)

Knighton - Dan Williams (one of those)

Hakeem Nicks - Brandon Marshall - Brian Hartline (one of those)

Chris Canty

Pernell McPhee - Jason Worilds - Tamba Hali (one of those)

Draft - - - - -

Arik Armstead - Jordan Phillips - Eddie Goldman - Danny Shelton (one of those)

LB and Safety is a crap shoot.

only because he got in trouble.  he went to ohio st, playing traditional American football.  obviously he grew up learning from his dad too. he wont have the tough transition that other cfl guys have

He still has some immaturity issues and he did get shut down by a random CFL CB in their championship game. However, I think he can be a solid 3 or 4 WR for the Colts behind Moncrief and Hilton.

where do you get that from?  WP was very fast

Walter possibly greatest of all time arguably , but he didn't have break away speed , was a punishing runner who looked to deliver the hit instead of being the recipient. Not slow but not a burner by RB standard.He had a work ethic second to none and was a bull strengthwise.

Not arguing.  I never noticed one hand or the other, and I watched a lot of Indiana football.  Sure there were gaping holes at times and little ones he went long through.  I like him better than Gordon and Gurley.  Gordon ran too many miles at Wisconsin, and Gurley the injuries.

Jim Abbot through a no hitter with only one hand too :) 9-6-13

abbott11.gif?w=540&h=360

:thmup:

Not arguing.  I never noticed one hand or the other, and I watched a lot of Indiana football.  Sure there were gaping holes at times and little ones he went long through.  I like him better than Gordon and Gurley.  Gordon ran too many miles at Wisconsin, and Gurley the injuries.

Jim Abbot through a no hitter with only one hand too :) 9-6-13

abbott11.gif?w=540&h=360

:thmup:

How many of those teams have Andrew Luck?

It sounds like you don't want a good defense because those three teams didn't make the playoffs

Yeah I didn't get that comparison either. The teams in question were using a good front 7 to cover up for their crappy secondary. The Colts have been using a good secondary to cover up their crappy front 7. So improving the front 7 even if the safety play falls off a bit wold still be a massive improvement.

I like how everyone complains how grigs keeps overspending, yet were sitting with one of the highest cap spaces, how does that work?

Because the core of our team is on a rookie contract or veterans on a bargain deal.  After Luck, Hilton, Fleener, and Allen are resigned you will see we will be on the opposite end of the spectrum.  Instead of the 7th most cap, it will be 7th least cap.  Remember, these players will get better, but we are nowhere near winning a SB in terms of talent.  We may be top 3 AFC team, but there still is a big talent gap.  We have absolutely no run game, and can't stop the run, or pass rush.  All that needs to be addressed before we can make it back to the top.  That involves signing or drafting at least 5 more players to fill those gaps.  All of that wouldn't be possible if we kept people like Landry RJF Cherilus and maybe another player or 2.

Green-Beckham has character issues like da'rick rogers had. If Da'Rick didn't screw up he would be developing as a superstar in our organization now. This would make me shy away from Green-Beckham.

I'm hoping we can get McCourty, Houston, Knighton, and Iupati, (big dream) but realistically I think were going after some Baltimore players Ngata McPhee and perhaps one other player. 

That would be a pretty fantastic haul.

Green-Beckham has character issues like da'rick rogers had. If Da'Rick didn't screw up he would be developing as a superstar in our organization now. This would make me shy away from Green-Beckham.

Not true. All Da'rick could do was run a Go Route, nothing more than straight line. DGB is much better...and bigger.