Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

NFL OPENER NEXT YEAR 2015

danlhart87

here's my issue too isnt most openers at home for champion? Why did Ravens go on road after their SB win against Broncos?

Scheduling conflict with the Orioles. The Orioles were in the playoff race and there wasn't enough parking in the area, or something like that. I've been to the Orioles ballpark and it's literally right next to the Ravens Stadium.

here's my issue too isnt most openers at home for champion? Why did Ravens go on road after their SB win against Broncos?

The NFL had a hissy fit in imo.  The Baltimore Orioles had a home game schedule for that Thursday night and the team share a parking lot, but did not have one on the Wednesday.   The Baltimore Orioles did not want to move the game, as it was schedule before the Super Bowl game. 

The NFL, unlike it did the year prior moving the Giants game to Wednesday due to a Jewish holiday, refused to move the game to Wednesday thereby not giving Baltimore its much deserved home game.  So they had to go on the road. 

I thought is was poor on the NFL's part.  Just the year prior they found it okay to move a game to Wednesday and they could of done the same for the Ravens.  

Pats away games are so much better next year - Denver, Indy, Dallas, Philly.

My guess is they open with division opponent, probably Jets or Bills. Chance they also do Steelers.

I think ESPN insider had an article about this last week where they said the Steelers were the most likely opponent to play whoever won the Super Bowl because both teams play the Steelers. For what it's worth the NFL has only scheduled division opponents against each other twice in the history of the Kickoff game.

The NFL had a hissy fit in imo.  The Baltimore Orioles had a home game schedule for that Thursday night and the team share a parking lot, but did not have one on the Wednesday.   The Baltimore Orioles did not want to move the game, as it was schedule before the Super Bowl game. 

The NFL, unlike it did the year prior moving the Giants game to Wednesday due to a Jewish holiday, refused to move the game to Wednesday thereby not giving Baltimore its much deserved home game.  So they had to go on the road. 

I thought is was poor on the NFL's part.  Just the year prior they found it okay to move a game to Wednesday and they could of done the same for the Ravens.  

I blame the Orioles more then the NFL, the Orioles were being unnecessarily difficult, its one game out of 162 vs. 1 of 16 games ... MLB teams reschedule games for bad weather, but they can't accommodate their town's SB Champion home opener.  Pretty weak on the part of the Orioles IMO  

I blame the Orioles more then the NFL, the Orioles were being unnecessarily difficult, its one game out of 162 vs. 1 of 16 games ... MLB teams reschedule games for bad weather, but they can't accommodate their town's SB Champion home opener.  Pretty weak on the part of the Orioles IMO  

I guess you might feel different if you were an Orioles fan.

It would be hilarious if they decided to open vs the Colts in Indy just to remind you all that once again, they would win...even after the deflated balls incident. 

Don't get me wrong and go nuts ranting at me, I like your team, but you all know that even without that ball controversy, that was still a loss, and I still think it would have been a blow out cause the Colts match up so poorly vs New England's run game. 

I expect the Patriots to open against the Steelers.

Antonio Brown will be a handful even for Darrell Revis. He is too quick to jam and fast enough to run past every CB in the NFL and catches TDs even with safeties gunning for him. It will be interesting.

Why couldn't the NFL schedule the game on Wednesday like the NFL did the year prior?   Why as NFL fans are we asking another sport to change for us NFL fans when there is an open slot on Wednesday?    If it was easy to move in 2012 to Wednesday it was just as easy to do it in 2013.   That is my opinion, bottom line, the NFL had an easy out without having to bother another sport.

To ask the Orioles to move it would have to be on another day, which as they are in September, it may not get rescheduled, which would make them have to play a double header.  Not the mention the fact that you would uproot the fans who were planning on going to that game on Thursday.  

Are football fans more important than baseball fans that we get to uproot the latter's schedule?

Why couldn't the NFL schedule the game on Wednesday like the NFL did the year prior?   Why as NFL fans are we asking another sport to change for us NFL fans when there is an open slot on Wednesday?    If it was easy to move in 2012 to Wednesday it was just as easy to do it in 2013.   That is my opinion, bottom line, the NFL had an easy out without having to bother another sport.

To ask the Orioles to move it would have to be on another day, which as they are in September, it may not get rescheduled, which would make them have to play a double header.  Not the mention the fact that you would uproot the fans who were planning on going to that game on Thursday.  

Are football fans more important than baseball fans that we get to uproot the latter's schedule?

We will just have to agree to disagree ... I am only a VERY casual baseball fan so I am sure I am biased, and its long over ..so no sense in continuing the debate.

We will just have to agree to disagree ... I am only a VERY casual baseball fan so I am sure I am biased, and its long over ..so no sense in continuing the debate.

I agree with your point.  I just brought it up to answer the poster's question.  I am kind of the other way :) , you are a casual baseball fan and lean in one way and I was a little irked at the NFL for what it did and lean the other way, just a different view point on the matter.  

It would be hilarious if they decided to open vs the Colts in Indy just to remind you all that once again, they would win...even after the deflated balls incident. 

Don't get me wrong and go nuts ranting at me, I like your team, but you all know that even without that ball controversy, that was still a loss, and I still think it would have been a blow out cause the Colts match up so poorly vs New England's run game. 

Don't think it would be a sure win if NE played in Indianapolis. Indianapolis has been blown out before only to play well another time. Although NE will probably open as the AFC favorite, they will be challenged. No team is going to lay down and let them just roll on to the SB.

Interesting question...the opener isn't predictable this year. They usually go with something besides a division game but it's possible that some of the Patriot's other opponents regress. That leaves the Bills in what would be a dramatic showdown which is what the league wants as much as they want a good game.

I remember one time the Denver Nuggets had to kick WWE RAW out of Denver.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/playoffs/2009/news/story?id=4188189

They allowed WWE into the building because they weren't counting on the Nuggets in the playoffs so they had to move to LA.

I don't have a problem with the Orioles not moving for the Ravens as it was already planned. Even as a Yankees fan who was freaking out for 3 days straight leading up to Jeter's last home game (I had tickets), if it rained out the Orioles would not have wanted to come back to play a meaningless game the day before the playoffs if it had no effect on seeding but I would have understood.

I was also at the Giants/Cowboys Wednesday night opener too, maybe if they did play on Thursday the Giants would have shown up.

Not a great year to be opening with the home schedule NE has. Best bet has got to be the Steelers or Rex and the Bills. If by any chance Revis ends up in Buffalo (I'm pretty sure he's staying from what I've read, but you never know) that would make it more of a story I guess. 

That would be hilarious! Thanks for reminding us!

I couldnt disagree more ... IMO the Orioles were the small -minded ones . Theey easily could have accomidated the Ravens

Why couldn't the NFL schedule the game on Wednesday like the NFL did the year prior? Why as NFL fans are we asking another sport to change for us NFL fans when there is an open slot on Wednesday? If it was easy to move in 2012 to Wednesday it was just as easy to do it in 2013. That is my opinion, bottom line, the NFL had an easy out without having to bother another sport.

To ask the Orioles to move it would have to be on another day, which as they are in September, it may not get rescheduled, which would make them have to play a double header. Not the mention the fact that you would uproot the fans who were planning on going to that game on Thursday.

MLB games reschedule all the time. It's not a big deal. The Orioles wound up not even being in playoff contention that year, so it was a completely meaningless game. They could have done a day/night double header easily.

And the NFL didn't want to conflict with the Jewish holiday. Not that that's a great reason, but it was their reason for not going to Wednesday.

You would think the Orioles would bend over backward for whatever the Ravens needed for their opener.

MLB games reschedule all the time. It's not a big deal. The Orioles wound up not even being in playoff contention that year, so it was a completely meaningless game. They could have done a day/night double header easily.

And the NFL didn't want to conflict with the Jewish holiday. Not that that's a great reason, but it was their reason for not going to Wednesday.

You would think the Orioles would bend over backward for whatever the Ravens needed for their opener.

It was really sad what happened that year. Why the Orioles could not have reschedule to let the SB champs play at home is beyond me. The Ravens ended up going to Denver and losing to boot. Just very sad for them to be the only team not to open at home since the NFL went to this format of the SB winning team opening at home mid-week.

It was really sad what happened that year. Why the Orioles could not have reschedule to let the SB champs play at home is beyond me. The Ravens ended up going to Denver and losing to boot. Just very sad for them to be the only team not to open at home since the NFL went to this format of the SB winning team opening at home mid-week.

And the only Baltimore area team to even sniff a championship in who knows how long...

I expected the Orioles to do whatever they could to accommodate the Ravens. 

I am not sure what you are talking about regarding games being rescheduled.  Yes there are times that games can be rescheduled late in the year to earlier or later in the day (which could not be done as the teams share a parking lot).   And on rain delays games can be rescheduled later in the year either a double headed or an open spot for both teams.  I do not recall a game being cancelled due to a football game of all things.

For me it still comes down to respect, there are no second class citizens in this country.  And I do believe in a first come first serve policy. 

And of all this talk of "integrity" going around by the NFL in the past few weeks, the NFL did not see fit to work around the Orioles.

And again, the year prior they played on Wednesday with no problem, so indeed the precedent with respect to conflicts is for the NFL to move when someone else has the spot in the first place.

As for Jewish holiday of Rosh Hashanah, it takes place over a few days and took place from Wednesday evening to that Friday.  The NFL claims that they did not want to play football on the first evening of Rosh Hashanah (something I see you agree is not the best excuse).   Now lets look at this season.  Rosh Hashanah runs this year from Sunday evening Sept. 13 to Tues Sept 15.  What are the odds do you think that we will see Sunday Night Football on the evening of the first day of Rosh Hashanah this year?  I will bet a month's salary we are going see SNF on the first evening of Rosh Hashanah.  There is nothing stopping the NFL from scheduling that game earlier or canceling it.  Nothing.   

So bottom line the NFL has changed the first game to a Wednesday and has, is doing, and always will play football on the first evening of Rosh Hashanah.  There is zero excuse for the NFL to involve the orioles and could of played the game on the Wednesday when there was no orioles game, open parking lot and all in Baltimore could of seen their much deserved and earned kickoff game at home.  The honorable thing to do was to move the game, not blame the orioles.

Please see my last response to Superman.  The NFL could of easily have moved the game earlier.  The precedent set by them the year prior was to move the game to a Wednesday and it always plays football on the first evening of Rosh Hashanah.   Bottom line the Orioles are a non issue in this matter.   It was the NFL trying to flex its muscles and making a scape goat out of the Orioles.

I am not sure what you are talking about regarding games being rescheduled.  Yes there are times that games can be rescheduled late in the year to earlier or later in the day (which could not be done as the teams share a parking lot).   And on rain delays games can be rescheduled later in the year either a double headed or an open spot for both teams.  I do not recall a game being cancelled due to a football game of all things.

I'm talking about rescheduling the game. It's not a foreign concept. The Ravens won the SB in February, the league started talking to the Orioles in March or April, the game was the first week of September. There was plenty of time for the Orioles to clear that day. They didn't want to because they thought it could interfere with a potential pennant race. 

For me it still comes down to respect, there are no second class citizens in this country.  And I do believe in a first come first serve policy. 

And of all this talk of "integrity" going around by the NFL in the past few weeks, the NFL did not see fit to work around the Orioles.

The NFL did work around the Orioles. That's why the Ravens opened on the road.  ???

They didn't try to bully the Orioles into giving up their spot. They asked, the Orioles refused, the NFL obliged.

And again, the year prior they played on Wednesday with no problem, so indeed the precedent with respect to conflicts is for the NFL to move when someone else has the spot in the first place.

Which is what they ultimately did. That doesn't mean they can't ask the Orioles to make an adjustment.

Besides, the 2012 opener was held on a Wednesday, not due to a logistical conflict, but because they didn't want to compete with Obama's DNC speech. No one "had the spot." It was completely different.

As for Jewish holiday of Rosh Hashanah, it takes place over a few days and took place from Wednesday evening to that Friday.  The NFL claims that they did not want to play football on the first evening of Rosh Hashanah (something I see you agree is not the best excuse).   Now lets look at this season.  Rosh Hashanah runs this year from Sunday evening Sept. 13 to Tues Sept 15.  What are the odds do you think that we will see Sunday Night Football on the evening of the first day of Rosh Hashanah this year?  I will bet a month's salary we are going see SNF on the first evening of Rosh Hashanah.  There is nothing stopping the NFL from scheduling that game earlier or canceling it.  Nothing. 

That was the NFL's decision to make. They obviously took it seriously enough to avoid a Wednesday opener. That's really all that's relevant. We'll see what they do for this year's opener, but for you to act like there was no reason for them to not want to open on a Wednesday that was also a major Jewish holiday is just you being stubborn. It's entirely different from a Sunday night game. 

So bottom line the NFL has changed the first game to a Wednesday and has, is doing, and always will play football on the first evening of Rosh Hashanah.  There is zero excuse for the NFL to involve the orioles and could of played the game on the Wednesday when there was no orioles game, open parking lot and all in Baltimore could of seen their much deserved and earned kickoff game at home.  The honorable thing to do was to move the game, not blame the orioles.

The NFL didn't blame the Orioles. Again, it's ridiculous of you to act like they only moved the Ravens game out of spite.

I'm blaming the Orioles. They could have made arrangements to allow the Ravens to open at home on a Thursday night, like every other SB champ, and refused to.

Please see my last response to Superman.  The NFL could of easily have moved the game earlier.  The precedent set by them the year prior was to move the game to a Wednesday and it always plays football on the first evening of Rosh Hashanah.   Bottom line the Orioles are a non issue in this matter.   It was the NFL trying to flex its muscles and making a scape goat out of the Orioles.

It is a lot easier for a baseball team with 82 home games and out of contention to move its game. They move games all the time for inclement weather and such whereas football games are rarely if ever moved. And again, we are talking about the world champs. I don't see how you can say the NFL made a scapegoat out of anyone. The Orioles were asked and they denied. I do not even remember their reason other than just saying no. It was very, very sad and a really bad look for them IMO.

I'm talking about rescheduling the game. It's not a foreign concept. The Ravens won the SB in February, the league started talking to the Orioles in March or April, the game was the first week of September. There was plenty of time for the Orioles to clear that day. They didn't want to because they thought it could interfere with a potential pennant race. 

The NFL did work around the Orioles. That's why the Ravens opened on the road.  ???

They didn't try to bully the Orioles into giving up their spot. They asked, the Orioles refused, the NFL obliged.

Which is what they ultimately did. That doesn't mean they can't ask the Orioles to make an adjustment.

Besides, the 2012 opener was held on a Wednesday, not due to a logistical conflict, but because they didn't want to compete with Obama's DNC speech. No one "had the spot." It was completely different.

That was the NFL's decision to make. They obviously took it seriously enough to avoid a Wednesday opener. That's really all that's relevant. We'll see what they do for this year's opener, but for you to act like there was no reason for them to not want to open on a Wednesday that was also a major Jewish holiday is just you being stubborn. It's entirely different from a Sunday night game. 

The NFL didn't blame the Orioles. Again, it's ridiculous of you to act like they only moved the Ravens game out of spite.

I'm blaming the Orioles. They could have made arrangements to allow the Ravens to open at home on a Thursday night, like every other SB champ, and refused to.

But the bottom line no matter how you spin it is that Wednesday was open and the NFL plays on the first night of Rosh Hashanah at ever opportunity.  This is not a complicated issue.  It is very simply.  The NFL has already set a precedent of playing on Wednesday and not worrying about the holiday they claim to avoid.   So I see NO reason, given as you said the NFL knew about this months in advance, to play on Wednesday.   Nor have you stated a valid reason for not wanting to play on Wednesday.

Just like the winter classic this year will be in Foxboro, the pats might have to have two away games in the last games of the year.  The pats can not play a home game the weekend of the winter classic, you just deal with it.  Every year the NFL and MLB get along with home and away games in September between the Ravens and Orioles, there is no problem they work it out. 

And from a respect standpoint, there comes a time when one has to respect the other sport and you work amongst yourselves.  Given the dynamics of the situation, the Orioles had the game scheduled.  At that point it is first come first server type of thing.  All the NFL had to do was to move the game to Wednesday and there would of been no fuss, well no less fuss than any other game played on Rosh Hashanah. 

There is nothing inherently bad with playing on Wednesday, and you said they had plenty of time, and could of had the first game announced the day the schedule came out in the spring giving everyone fair warning when the game was going to be played.  It would of kept everything in a flow, the Ravens would of had there much needed home opener, the baseball schedule would of been left in tacked and there would of been no issue.

You have yet to give me any valid reason why they could not play on Wednesday.

You state that MLB needed to change it schedule.  Why couldn't the NFL change its schedule to Wednesday and given the Ravens the earned game and opposed to forcing them to go on the road?   After all the NFL were second to the sign up sheet for that night. 

No they did not "bully" the MLB but they "couldn't play on Wednesday" and "couldn't play on Thursday cause the Orioles won't reschedule" so we have to make the ravens go on the road.   Pathetic.  The fact that they use the Orioles have taken our spot excuse to send the Ravens on the road is pathetic.  Sorry not buy what you are the NFL are selling.   This aint Super Bowl Sunday, just a midweek game in September.   The NFL ain't that big.

When someone come comes to me with a valid reason not to play on that Wednesday, then I will listen.  But as it stands now, the Monday after the SB the NFL had plenty of time to get things lined up to play a game the Wednesday after Labor Day.

As to your last point, I blame the NFL.  They had ample opportunity to have the game on Wednesday night, but choose to not do so in a hissy fit and sent the Ravens on the road.   You can't get what you want and you act like a baby.   The NFL put their own ego ahead of the Ravens and that is reprehensible.  

And in the future the NFL can make arrangements prior to MLB schedule to set aside that Thursday, with teams that share a parking lot.  My guess is there are very few teams that have this situation.  All the NFL had to do was play game on Wednesday and in exchange tell MLB that moving forward please do not schedule a home game for those few teams that conflict with the NFL.  That would of been the mature thing to do in my book.

I did not say they are moving it out of spite, it was that they refuse to move it to Wednesday and instead made the Ravens go on the road.

It is a lot easier for a baseball team with 82 home games and out of contention to move its game. They move games all the time for inclement weather and such whereas football games are rarely if ever moved. And again, we are talking about the world champs. I don't see how you can say the NFL made a scapegoat out of anyone. The Orioles were asked and they denied. I do not even remember their reason other than just saying no. It was very, very sad and a really bad look for them IMO.

The NFL will play this fall on the first night of Rosh Hashanah.  In 2012 the NFL played on the Wednesday.

Can you honestly give me a reason why the NFL could not play the game on Wednesday when they knew the Monday after the SB the Thursday night was taken?

This is a very simply issue.  You guys a WAY over complicating it.

It is simple issue of human respect.  There are no second class citizens in our nation.

The NFL will play this fall on the first night of Rosh Hashanah.  In 2012 the NFL played on the Wednesday.

Can you honestly give me a reason why the NFL could not play the game on Wednesday when they knew the Monday after the SB the Thursday night was taken?

This is a very simply issue.  You guys a WAY over complicating it.

It is simple issue of human respect.  There are no second class citizens in our nation.

Sure, the NFL could have moved it but my issue is more with the Orioles to be honest. Was it really that much of an inconvenience for them to move one game out of 82? I mean both teams represent the same fanbase. Ravens fans are Orioles fans. I guess I just can't imagine the Red Sox ever doing that to the Patriots. But you have a valid point that the NFL should have figured this out and not have put it on the Orioles with no plan B should they decline.

Sure, the NFL could have moved it but my issue is more with the Orioles to be honest. Was it really that much of an inconvenience for them to move one game out of 82? I mean both teams represent the same fanbase. Ravens fans are Orioles fans. I guess I just can't imagine the Red Sox ever doing that to the Patriots. But you have a valid point that the NFL should have figured this out and not have put it on the Orioles with no plan B should they decline.

Plan B was to either have the Ravens open on the road, or have them open Sunday night at home. The Ravens didn't want to open Sunday night because they wanted the mini bye week. So they went on the road.

It's not nearly as scandalous or anything like a power move as Yehoodi is making it seem. The NFL and the Ravens negotiated with the Orioles to work out a solution, the Orioles wouldn't budge, and the Ravens opened on the road. It's not even that big of a deal. The Ravens were going to go to Denver at some point that season; it's not like they had a home game taken away.

To me, it's like you said. You share a city with a team that wins the championship, and the teams asks for a little neighborly consideration, you should be eager to accommodate. The Orioles should have made themselves a part of the celebration, if they could. 

Plan B was to either have the Ravens open on the road, or have them open Sunday night at home. The Ravens didn't want to open Sunday night because they wanted the mini bye week. So they went on the road.

It's not nearly as scandalous or anything like a power move as Yehoodi is making it seem. The NFL and the Ravens negotiated with the Orioles to work out a solution, the Orioles wouldn't budge, and the Ravens opened on the road. It's not even that big of a deal. The Ravens were going to go to Denver at some point that season; it's not like they had a home game taken away.

To me, it's like you said. You share a city with a team that wins the championship, and the teams asks for a little neighborly consideration, you should be eager to accommodate. The Orioles should have made themselves a part of the celebration, if they could. 

Yes. Your last paragraph is the heart of it for me. They really took away from the city celebrating a great championship. They could have shared in that instead of detracting from it.

I hear what you and Supes are saying, but other than Christmas Eve, football is played, regardless of the holiday religious or not.   I can not recall there ever being a night game on Christmas Eve, they may have been a nobody cares college bowl, I could be wrong but I can not remember, there might of been one in the Pats undefeated season.  Otherwise they move the Christmas Eve game.  As the NFL flies football is played and holidays are just there and fans have to deal with it.   

In another words the NFL plays games and does not have a concern for religious/civil holidays, I am saying the NFL are meanies, all sports play on holidays.  Indeed, there was very likely baseball games played on the Wednesday in question.  

So when they pull the "but its a Jewish holiday" junk I say that is the NFL grandstanding.   You have not done in the years that I have followed football why start now?

And also this TNF is kind of a new thing kick off weekend, its only like 12 or so years old, so its not like a standard tradition say MNF or Thanksgiving day games.   In another words, there is nothing really special about the Thursday night game as opposed to a Wednesday night game during the first week.   With that said some things just get schedule on that first Thursday of the NFL season. 

And if it happens that the first conflict you have to move to Wednesday so be it, just get together with the MLB and find the teams that can not possible play home games on the same day (likely only a few) and fix it for the future.  You don't have a Mexican standoff regarding a game that has very little tradition due to the day it is played on.

I can bet you a month salary that very few people, if any, would of cared if the game was on Wednesday or Thursday.  The NFL has rolled along for 75 plus years scheduling games like every other sport on holidays why stop the train in 2013?  it makes no sense at all.  The NFL could of easily played the game Wednesday in an off day for the Orioles and played the game when there were other professional sports (baseball games) being played that Wednesday night.  MLB does not take Rosh Hashanah off and neither has the NFL when it falls during the year on SNF and MNF.   But somehow on this day and this day only the NFL has a concern about playing on a holiday, I mean please, really? Is that your excuse NFL not to play on a Wednesday and deny the Ravens their home game?

And because they did not want to play on Wednesday, they forced the Ravens to miss a home game on the first game of the year.  What is the point about having a first game of the year when the banner is revealed and you don't do it cause you don't want to play on a Wednesday.  

It is not Orioles issue in my book, it was the NFL wanting "its space" on Thursday and using the religious holiday as a very weak excuse, when their long history has proven their concern regarding holidays to be otherwise.  And given that there is no tradition (like Thanksgiving games or Super Bowl Sunday) there nothing for the fans to "miss" if the game is not played on the first Thursday of the football season.

Like I mentioned in my last post to amfootball, the NFL has never ever ever ever, with the exception of Christmas Eve, worried about holidays and their scheduling, and the same goes for other sports. 

As for neighborly consideration you refer too, what the heck is wrong with the NFL moving to Wednesday so all of the Baltimore fans, including baseball as it was a night off for the orioles, can watch a much deserved home game.  The NFL does not own the rights to that night.  That game is fairly new concept so there is no traditional or anything, there is nothing physically stopping the NFL from having the game on Wednesday night.  And as neighbors go, don't we work on first come first serve?

You guys keep asking the MLB to move but do not want to ask the NFL to move.  I just do not get it.  Does anyone here understand first come first serve concept?  That there is a complete, empty and dark parking lot waiting to be filled 24 hours earlier.

I get it, it happens and there is a scheduling conflict, it happens especially when you have a game that does not have a lot of tradition.  The way you deal with it is not to hurt the innocent third party (Ravens and fans), but to go to the person who signed up first for the spot, if they do not want to move you move.  And this case you approach the MLB and do the honorable and neighborly thing and move the game and tell the teams please do not schedule the game on that Thursday.  And if they do, then you share, one year MLB gets the Thursday night game, the next conflict NFL gets the Thursday night game. 

I think you and amfootball seem to think that we as NFL fans have superiors rights to certain days and that those days "belong" to us and no one should get in our way.  Sorry not buying it.  I don't put myself above MLB fans.  There is nothing, null, void, zero, nota, nothing, nothing at all special about that Thursday over the Wednesday.  And if on certain occasions, like around the Christmas holiday, you need to move a game by a day, then you do it.   You do not hurt an innocent third party cause you did not get "your night" to play your game.  And again, the NFL has never ever worried about Rosh Hashanah.

My guess is that the NFL and MLB have very likely resolved this issue so it won't happen again, but if it does then you share and if the other guy wants to be a *, you move.