Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Josh Gordon flunks another drug test

RockThatBlue

Just because it's alcohol don't mean he is not an addict. Alcoholics are drug addicts just the same as any other drug. Alcohol and prescription drugs are the #1 abused drugs in America.

I didn't mean Alcoholism isn't as serious as any other drug addiction, It is and its actually worse than most any illegal drug as far as addiction and also in how badly it impairs you. What I mean is this.... In my opinion alcoholics and drug addicts are people who are physically dependent, use daily, and cant function without it. I don't think Gordon is like that. I think he's a kid who likes to get out and party with friends or whatever.

I didn't mean Alcoholism isn't as serious as any other drug addiction, It is and its actually worse than most any illegal drug as far as addiction and also in how badly it impairs you. What I mean is this.... In my opinion alcoholics and drug addicts are people who are physically dependent, use daily, and cant function without it. I don't think Gordon is like that. I think he's a kid who likes to get out and party with friends or whatever.

Well so far Gordon hasn't showed he can control himself. That's all I am saying. The NFL has plenty of help at hand for any player who has a problem They even have a driving service available if wanted or needed. By the time the fans and media learn of these problems they are already multi problems. If Gordon don't have the self control not to go out and party with his friends then he is not mentally strong enough for his team mates to depend on him. He is no longer a kids as you call him either.

I think we can all agree from Gordon's example here, that good character is becoming more and more important as time goes on in the NFL. Players with character concerns can self destruct at any time and I'm hoping we go after players who are great leaders and have great character in the draft (though that's a discussion for another time). As far as Josh Gordon goes, I'm willing to say his career in the NFL may be done, if he does indeed, get a year long suspension. It's a shame, as he had so much potential and dominated in the year where he played only 14 games and lead the league in receiving yards.

The FDA approves far more dangerous drugs every year than weed. No one has ever overdosed on weed.

You got that right, it's pretty disturbing when you watch a commercial for some new drug and the side effects are:

Internal bleeding

Heart failure

Death

Hallucinations

Bloody discharge

Anxiety

Suicidal thoughts

Nuclear explosions

Conjuring a demonic Tom Brady

Thinking your the Stay Puft Marshmallow man

Much more.....

And it turns out the medication is a simple sleep aid......

You got that right, it's pretty disturbing when you watch a commercial for some new drug and the side effects are:

Internal bleeding

Heart failure

Death

Hallucinations

Bloody discharge

Anxiety

Suicidal thoughts

Nuclear explosions

Conjuring a demonic Tom Brady

Thinking your the Stay Puft Marshmallow man

Much more.....

And it turns out the medication is a simple sleep aid......

That's ridiculous. The guy has a few too many drinks and the NFL suspends him for a year...and without any DUI.

The NFL needs to get a grip on reality...it is over-reacting all over the place...what do they do when weed is legal across the country?

He knew the consequences. And even if weed is legal, it doesn't mean the league will allow them to smoke it. Most people will not be able to smoke just because its legal. Companies will still have pre employment drug testing, and some have random drug testing. The rules are the rules. Deal with it

That's ridiculous.  The guy has a few too many drinks and the NFL suspends him for a year...and without any DUI.

The NFL needs to get a grip on reality...it is over-reacting all over the place...what do they do when weed is legal across the country?

But he did get a DWI.  That's what got him the ban on alcohol in the first place. http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/11538312/josh-gordon-cleveland-browns-pleads-guilty-dwi-charge

I hate this so bad. The kid has so much talent. Top 5 WR. Before I say this I know everyone will say its the rules and all that and I understand, but the rules for substance abuse especially need to be changed. Why ruin a kids life because he drinks or smokes weed or whatever. I think it should be up to the team to suspend a player over this, that way he would only be suspended if his drug use was affecting his play and/or the team as a whole. I'm kind of a libertarian though and strongly believe in freedom of choice. They are trying to police the players personal lives and it shouldn't be happening!!!

See I agree with your overall political leaning however in this particular case I have zero sympathy. Just because you don't agree with the rules doesn't mean you can ignore them especially they form part of an agreement you've made with someone in return for significant compensation. 

Let's make a stupid metaphor to annunciate my point (it seems the de rigour lately), if my employer said as part of your contract your are not allowed to drink coffee but in return you're going to get paid a shed load of money for doing something that's pretty enjoyable I'd probably give up the coffee and believe me I'm a caffeine addict.