Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

NFL Owners, GMs, and Head Coaches are sick of New England pushing the envelope. Wants the NFL to take a hard line.

Dustin

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope the NFL gets to the bottom of this.. it was 14-7 in the first half, but fortunately the refs identified those defective footballs and got proper ones onto the field for the Pats in the 2nd half and they could start operating their offense like normal, outscoring Indy 28-0.

I really hope they find out what made them so defective, they should check all the cameras to make sure the Colts weren't sabotaging them by letting some air out

The result doesn't matter.  Cheating is about intent.  You could also argue that the strategy of deflating footballs gave them a competitive disadvantage in the first half.  Which is why their are rules in the first place....so some QB or ball boy doesn't go rogue on a decision that negatively impacts a game when they thought it would all work out well.

Lol, winning the SB is winning the SB.. you win the same Lombardi trophy this year as you would any other year, and I'll guarantee you that there will be record viewers watching this year when Brady gets his 4th ring and goes down as the greatest QB to ever strap on a helmet

good luck with that. Lynch is going to give them a lot more.problems than forsett did

Lol, winning the SB is winning the SB.. you win the same Lombardi trophy this year as you would any other year, and I'll guarantee you that there will be record viewers watching this year when Brady gets his 4th ring and goes down as the greatest QB to ever strap on a helmet

By whom?  Folks from Bristol CT?

If Indy was found to be tampering with the Patriots balls by deflating them to put them at a disadvantage, they should be stripped of all their draft picks and banned from the playoffs for 5 years

Shhhhhh, no facts allowed.  Just pitchforks and torches

The two most delusional posters on the message board.

pfffft........women and their aversion to heated impromptu sports debates with strangers while on a date.

It actually surprised me.....she's a lifelong Steelers fan (sometimes the ceasefire holds, sometimes it doesn't), and happily pulls the "6 Super Bowls" card when Pats or Dallas fans at work get carried away with their dynasty rubbish.

Must be nice.

good luck with that. Lynch is going to give them a lot more.problems than forsett did

No doubt about that, Lynch will be a problem but I think the Pats secondary shouldn't have a problem matching up with Seattle's wide receivers.. they dont have Harvin or Tate anymore, so really no big playmakers.. I think they can use McCourty as a single high safety and stack the box against Lynch

This will be a great matchup and a great game, something that is being lost with all of this social media driven deflategate talk. I'm looking forward to the NFL coming out today or tomorrow and putting this to bed so that we can focus on what actually matters, which is a compelling SB game that is about to be played rather than focusing on 1 psi oF air

The two most delusional posters on the message board.

Delusional? I'm just speculating like everyone else, if the Colts were found to be involved in any way with deflating the Pats footballs to put them at a disadvantage then they should be severely punished.

Nobody knows the actual facts yet because the NFL hasn't released any information on their investigation, but Mythbusters and Sports Science have both already debunked a lot of the zealous overreaction about "unfair advantage" and other nonsense which is nothing but a witch hunt meant to create a distraction for the Pats.. but they're disciplined enough to ignore the noise and just use this as added motivation

Delusional? I'm just speculating like everyone else, if the Colts were found to be involved in any way with deflating the Pats footballs to put them at a disadvantage then they should be severely punished.

Nobody knows the actual facts yet because the NFL hasn't released any information on their investigation, but Mythbusters and Sports Science have both already debunked a lot of the zealous overreaction about "unfair advantage" and other nonsense which is nothing but a witch hunt meant to create a distraction for the Pats.. but they're disciplined enough to ignore the noise and just use this as added motivation

Then why did they deflate the balls?

if the Colts were found to be involved in any way with deflating the Pats footballs to put them at a disadvantage then they should be severely punished.

zealous overreaction about "unfair advantage" and other nonsense which is nothing but a witch hunt meant to create a distraction for the Pats..

Two of your statements both of which are? You got it delusional.

Lord lord lord. So now your saying that it's nothing that the Pats deflated footballs and we should be looking to lay some serious punishment on the Colts ? Oh my aching rear end. Did you forget it's the Pats that are noted for cheating ? Not that such a ridiculous premise should be addressed but for entertainment purposes , how would the Colts get to ALL of the NE balls and deflate them ? 

If Indy was found to be tampering with the Patriots balls by deflating them to put them at a disadvantage, they should be stripped of all their draft picks and banned from the playoffs for 5 years

They probably would be,Irsay isn't friends with Goodell like Kraft. 

Here's what baffles me man. Bill Belichick is a sharp guy. He has no need to cheat so why attempt to blur the lines of competitiveness? I remember seeing him interviewed as the DC of the NY Giants & I said to myself that guy is going places. I just can't comprehend why a person would play so fast & loose with established NFL rules? 

Okay, nothing has been proven yet in terms of what Bill knew & when he knew it & there is the plausible deniability angle I suppose, but come on after SpyGate & the destruction of the videotapes, Roger Goodell must have warned Bill sternly that any other incident discovered by this club documenting an illegal NFL rule that is ignored will be met with a severe punishment next time around.

If I am going to condemn Dolphins HC Joe Philbin for not having a firm handle on his team regarding player hazing, I can't give Bill a complete pass on a deflation issue either. The right hand is supposed to know what the left hand is doing inside Gillette Stadium & everybody you hire represents your franchise from the ball boy to the laundry guy to the security guard attendant in the parking lot.

Belichick is a sharp guy......when compared to other football coaches, which isn't really saying much lol. But honestly, I doubt BB had anything to do with deflating balls, that's all Brady.

Lord lord lord. So now your saying that it's nothing that the Pats deflated footballs and we should be looking to lay some serious punishment on the Colts ? Oh my aching rear end. Did you forget it's the Pats that are noted for cheating ? Not that such a ridiculous premise should be addressed but for entertainment purposes , how would the Colts get to ALL of the NE balls and deflate them ?

If the attorney general of North Dakota is found to have deflated the Patriots balls, he should be removed from office.

If the CEO of General Electric is found to have deflated the Patriots balls, he should be made to re-sign.

If the lead singer in U2 is found to have deflated the Patriots balls, then he should be kicked out of the band.

I guess I agree with the guy. Whoever is found to be responsible for this should be punished severely. Especially if the parties involved are repeat offenders, like Belichick.

If the attorney general of North Dakota is found to have deflated the Patriots balls, he should be removed from office.

If the CEO of General Electric is found to have deflated the Patriots balls, he should be made to re-sign.

If the lead singer in U2 is found to have deflated the Patriots balls, then he should be kicked out of the band.

I guess I agree with the guy. Whoever is found to be responsible for this should be punished severely. Especially if the parties involved are repeat offenders, like Belichick.

I would love it if Bono was kicked out of U2. :)

These are two separate cases...You are comparing robbery to murder.

Your team paid players to "take out" other opponents...I think that is a bit more grave offense.

True, so the Saints got sentenced for murder and for Spygate the Pats got a speeding ticket. 

I'm not emotional. I'm not saying that should happen (yet). Just that I would love if it did.

But he should be suspended.

Gotcha. You are far from alone in that wish.

Did you hear his presser today? Big hand-off to Brady. Brady is up at 3:45 to explain his ball prep and what happened ...

Gotcha. You are far from alone in that wish.

Did you hear his presser today? Big hand-off to Brady. Brady is up at 3:45 to explain his ball prep and what happened ...

He basically threw Brady under the bus. 'If it happened, it wasn't me, talk to that guy.'

Either way, ignorance won't be excused. And I really don't buy it. I don't think there's anything that happens on game day that Belichick isn't at least aware of, if not involved in.

He basically threw Brady under the bus. 'If it happened, it wasn't me, talk to that guy.'

Either way, ignorance won't be excused. And I really don't buy it. I don't think there's anything that happens on game day that Belichick isn't at least aware of, if not involved in.

I do believe him because every QB has confirmed that this game prep issue is between the QB and equipment manager. I don't think Bill cares how Tom likes his balls prepped and also trusts him to be compliant with any league rules.

I think when Brady speaks it will come out that the league dropped the ball in this. Just a hunch but I find it interesting that the league is letting the Pats explain itself all day today before announcing its ruling which I expect soon after Brady's presser is done ...

I do believe him because every QB has confirmed that this game prep issue is between the QB and equipment manager. I don't think Bill cares how Tom likes his balls prepped and also trusts him to be compliant with any league rules.

I think when Brady speaks it will come out that the league dropped the ball in this. Just a hunch but I find it interesting that the league is letting the Pats explain itself all day today before announcing its ruling which I expect soon after Brady's presser is done ...

How on Earth can this be the league dropping the ball?

all.of those qbs were talking about pre game. not after the balls have been inspected by the refs. obvious tampering. either bb knew about it, or he allows a culture of rouge rule breaking behavior. Which do you think is more likely

It's the same guy that agrees with other Pat fan posters that it's really nothing much at all due to the fact that they stomped us. Did you hear about that attorney that got his guilty client off on a murder charge as they proved the victim had incurable cancer ?

You outdid yourself on that one. I think maybe your hunch is ridiculous.

IMO , this is "part 1" of their defense on this. They , by they I include Kraft , know if the league believes BB is involved in this , the penalty will more than limey include a suspension. I have no proof that BB was involved (or knew of it)but I for one don't believe it

The inspection maybe. Lots to be revealed but Schefter is reporting league is having a tough time finding any evidence of tampering, http://www.patspulpit.com/2015/1/22/7871895/deflategate-adam-schefter-reports-nfl-struggling-to-find-evidence

You mean, besides the footballs that were all out of compliance?

There's not going to be a smoking gun, but this isn't a courtroom trial. The balls were inspected beforehand, then by halftime, they were all out of compliance. And the entire time, they were in the possession of the New England Patriots.

I bet you're real good at Twister.

IMO , this is "part 1" of their defense on this. They , by they I include Kraft , know if the league believes BB is involved in this , the penalty will more than limey include a suspension. I have no proof that BB was involved (or knew of it)but I for one don't believe it

Don't need proof Belichick knew about it. Pretty sure there was no proof Sean Payton knee about Bountygate. He got a year. That precedent is well established in the NFL.

You mean, besides the footballs that were all out of compliance?

There's not going to be a smoking gun, but this isn't a courtroom trial. The balls were inspected beforehand, then by halftime, they were all out of compliance. And the entire time, they were in the possession of the New England Patriots.

I bet you're real good at Twister.

Look, I am just telling you what Schefter is reporting. They can't find any evidence and now the Pats have all day to talk about it before the league rules. This goes back to my PR background, the league will talk about this after Brady's presser and I am thinking this is all going away. I could be wrong but that is just my feel ... league will not release its ruling if it is nothing or minor without letting the Pats explain as the media explosion would be cataclysmic.

Don't need proof Belichick knew about it. Pretty sure there was no proof Sean Payton knee about Bountygate. He got a year. That precedent is well established in the NFL.

Difference is Payton was found lying to the NFL. This will be different because it is a multiple offense but still would apply the "ignorance is not an excuse" unless that person is Goodell in regards to obtaining security footage.