Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2014 season

Colts420

It was a disappointing lost tonight but overall this was a good season. Im very proud of the colts and the season we had. We had a good run in the playoffs but it had to come to an end by the darn hoody. Remember guys we are 3 or 4 years removed from being the bottom of the team. We are still building that monster. I believe we will only get better in the offseason. 

GO COLTS. Bring on the offseason

we just need 2 new safeties ( I like Adams but he's getting old), an inside pass rusher, A right tackle, a right guard, an inside linebacker, a running back, another wide receiver, and another cornerback. I think this offseason. If Luck gets that trillion dollar deal now, we won't have much money for the big name guys in free agency. This years draft has to be a hit.

we just need 2 new safeties ( I like Adams but he's getting old), an inside pass rusher, A right tackle, a right guard, an inside linebacker, a running back, another wide receiver, and another cornerback. I think this offseason. If Luck gets that trillion dollar deal now, we won't have much money for the big name guys in free agency. This years draft has to be a hit.

Really? That's all?

we just need 2 new safeties ( I like Adams but he's getting old), an inside pass rusher, A right tackle, a right guard, an inside linebacker, a running back, another wide receiver, and another cornerback.

:D

And then, if we draw the Raiders in the AFC Championship, we'll be in business. 

Yeah...we might get away without another RG and CB...but all the other positions you mention are absolutely necessary.

...and no old bum FAs please.

This season was a success, if it we're any other team but the Patriots in the AFC title game we would have won. We just don't match up well vs them and man coverage plays right into their game plan. The front 7 needs to be upgraded but it won't matter much because of Brady's ability to beat man coverage. We're going to have to wait until Brady retires or some other team beats them for us to make a superbowl. 

IMO we regressed. Last year we were knocking off Seattle, Denver, San Fran. Lost Reggie and Ahmad, couldn't adjust and got killed by STL, CIN, and ARI. Followed by a great comeback in the playoffs vs an average QB and a backup RB, to get killed by the Pats. This year we beat everyone we were supposed to beat, we had great stats because we play the Jags and Titans twice a year, but we lost to good teams like Denver, Philly (we did get screwed), NE, PITT, and Dallas. We got this far because we played teams that were injured and again didn't show up against NE. Now Luck is gonna get a bajillion dollar deal and we will be back in the Manning years at least until Brady retires when Luck is 30.

That's bigger than my 12 year old sons Christmas list!  LOL

This season was a success, if it we're any other team but the Patriots in the AFC title game we would have won. We just don't match up well vs them and man coverage plays right into their game plan. The front 7 needs to be upgraded but it won't matter much because of Brady's ability to beat man coverage. We're going to have to wait until Brady retires or some other team beats them for us to make a superbowl.

Just a question but what ability to beat man coverage? He literally threw like 1 pass over 15 yards and it was an interception. Also I highly doubt if any other team were there it's a win. Our Coaches regularly show to be ill prepared for any team when it is a big moment. Unless the other teams star player is injured we have an extremely hard time showing up with game plans in the spotlight.

A lot of people here claim we didn't have the talent and I don't see that at all. We have just as much talent as anyone in the AFC but unlike most other teams we have coaches that make questionable decisions on every aspect of coaching. We are facing a team that has shown they will run the ball on us and we sit our best run stuffing LB'er. The opposing QB doesn't complete a single pass over 20 yards and we play off coverage of 10 yards. We had a dependable returner in Whalen who had one mistake in over 16 games and we bench him for a washed up player who still takes risks like he is still explosive. We came in with a game plan completely different than what we have been doing that was successful. We have a coach that refuses to take percentage risks and unable to handle quick decisions in situational football. An OC who for some reason completely changed from his first year and abandons the run the minute he can instead of sticking to it or creating short pass plays to augment for a running game. If you can't see that we have less than ddesirable coaching I don't know what to say because soon Luck and the offense will be getting alot of money and we won't have the talent to overcome the Coaching defeciency. It seems like it's the Manning era all over again, held back by coaching. The issue is I think this time we have a less accurate QB and more turnover prone than Manning. Which sucks because Luck wasn't handicapped by a rediclous starting contract like Manning.