Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

49ers to hire Jim Tomsula as HC

MTC

That's a surprising move.  I didn't know he was even in the running for the position.  Does this mean they don't expect Fangio to return?

Not according to this:

http://www.ninersnation.com/2015/1/14/7548393/vic-fangio-not-expected-to-remain-as-49ers-defensive-coordinator-per

This was an unexpected move imo.  Should be interesting to see how it plays out and what other changes come about.

You don't think Gase would be a good HC? I am not sure Elway will promote him. I think he was just blowing  a lot of hot air during his PC like when he started off saying the first person I want to thank is "John Elway." lol.

Broncos fans wanted Fox, Gase, and Del Rio gone from what I've heard. They got 2 out of 3.

Message board people wanted Fox and De Rio gone...even though they had major success

No one wanted Adam Gase gone..from Denver

The Denver fan on this board doesn't seem like a fan of his.. actually what that guy said about his play calling and other things are the sentiments I've been hearing from my friends who are Denver fans.

You don't think Gase would be a good HC? I am not sure Elway will promote him. I think he was just blowing  a lot of hot air during his PC like when he started off saying the first person I want to thank is "John Elway." lol.

If Elway promotes Gase then that would be against everything Elway preached the other day at the press conference . Gase just doesn't fit the mold that Elway is looking for to get Denver over the top in the big game .

How do you know?

Because I watched the press conference and heard what Elway said . Only way Gase stays around is if Peyton returns since they're buddies ... At this point Gase is the last option from what I've been hearing from the Fan Morning show . Quinn and Kubiak are on the a Broncos radar .

Vic Lombardi hasn't ruled out Gase returning as the OC . Get ready for those wide receiver screens 5 times a game ....

Well.....good luck with that. Maybe he'll keep his mouth shut and do what he's told. 

49ers find relevance for the first time since Steve Young played the game and they allow suit wearing egomaniacs to drive a great NFL coach right out of the league. If any team has ever deserved a gypsy curse, it's the 49ers. 

Well.....good luck with that. Maybe he'll keep his mouth shut and do what he's told. 

49ers find relevance for the first time since Steve Young played the game and they allow suit wearing egomaniacs to drive a great NFL coach right out of the league. If any team has ever deserved a gypsy curse, it's the 49ers.

But Ruk, like Denver...SF lost the big games..

...we wonder why Cincy doesnt change after they lose in the playoffs so are we really surprised that Denver and SF make changes after they lose in the playoffs?

Does it matter when you lose in the post-season if you indeed do lose in the post-season every year?

But Ruk, like Denver...SF lost the big games..

...we wonder why Cincy doesnt change after they lose in the playoffs so are we really surprised that Denver and SF make changes after they lose in the playoffs?

Does it matter when you lose in the post-season if you indeed do lose in the post-season every year?

Yes, it matters.

It's better to make a deep run in the playoffs than to exit after the first round.

Front office wants a puppet, front office gets a puppet. 

Since when has John Elway ever wanted a puppet?     He and Fox disagreed on things going forward.   Time for a new HC.

You think Gary Kubiak is anyone's puppet?      Snap out of it!

I appreciate you're from Cleveland where crazy things are the norm,  but that's not how they are in most of the NFL.

9 one and dones is pretty embarrassing to a player. Imo

More embarrassing than not making the playoffs?

How many of those were in the divisional round? Earning a bye is the same as winning a wildcard game. Also he wasn't the reason they lost all of those games. If you don't win the superbowl, what difference does it make what round you are eliminated?

How many of those were in the divisional round? Earning a bye is the same as winning a wildcard game. Also he wasn't the reason they lost all of those games. If you don't win the superbowl, what difference does it make what round you are eliminated?

Technically its one and done of course but I totally get your drift.

It's better to lose a Superbowl or two then to go one and done 9 times, imo